Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Dater used to have some sources. He’s lost any ins he had with the organization over the last few years, though. Getting fired from the Denver Post 7 years ago was really the beginning of the end of him having anything useful to ever say. At least when he was with the Post he had access to the organization just due to his status.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I dunno. I like the Miller + Halak option but I think our strongest trade chip right now is Sam Girard and I don't think Vancouver needs a Sam Girard

A 1st round pick + Justin Barron is interesting, Barron has looked solid in brief time

Ya Canucks already have Hughes and have high hopes for Rathbone. Both are undersized puck movers. There's no way the Canucks would add Girard into that small Dcore already.

1st + Barron would be something worth it to the Canucks if Miller was a UFA this year. So maybe next year the Canucks take that offer if they dont move Miller this year. Even then, it doesnt sound enough for Miller.

Miller + 2 playoff runs will cost a lot more than a 1st and Baron.

Look what Blake Coleman got.

Coleman's career high was 36 points. Before the Tampa trade he had 31 pts in 57 games.
He was under contract for the next year too like Miller.

Now take a look at Miller's stats. Something like 156 pts in his last 160 games.

Coleman got Foote and 1st

Reactions: CanuckCity

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Well it’s going to be more than what Coleman got from Tampa to get JT Miller. At his contract for this year and next year he’s significantly underpaid. A lot of teams will be interested if he’s moved and the price will be high.

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
Dater used to have some sources. He’s lost any ins he had with the organization over the last few years, though. Getting fired from the Denver Post 7 years ago was really the beginning of the end of him having anything useful to ever say. At least when he was with the Post he had access to the organization just due to his status.
I can't believe that was 7 years ago...

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If Canucks retained 50% on Miller he would only cost 2.6 mil. Thats crazy. Every legit contending team will be in on that.

There seems to be a lot of smoke surrounding Miller lately. Perhaps Trader Jim has put the word out there that Miller is available.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Newhook sounds like a great piece for a Miller trade. I imagine that and a first + a small add would get it done. Probably Barron
I do like how Barron, who the Avs took in the first round two years ago and whose value has gone nowhere but up since, is a "small add." You're suggesting a package equal to what Eichel got.

I'm not going to post more in this thread, but I don't think that's going to happen. As a final point: if we're talking 2022 Dater seriously (we shouldn't), then it also needs to be pointed out he said the organizational plan is to keep Newhook to be the #2 centre of the future, and they're looking for a stop gap for the next 1.5 seasons as he matures into that role. So, if we take Dater seriously, the Avs' plan isn't to trade the future #2 centre for the stopgap forward :rolleyes:

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
My offer would be:

Miller @ 50%
Halak

2023 1st
Barron
Helleson/Kaut/Olausson

Last edited:

LickTheEnvelope

Weird time to be a Canucks fan 2024
Dec 16, 2008
Sidney, formerly Vancouver
Interesting and I could see the Avs being a good fit for Miller for another year while Newhook develops.

Barron and a 1st would be a good start but clearly that first is going to be low low low.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Newhook sounds like a great piece for a Miller trade. I imagine that and a first + a small add would get it done. Probably Barron
If you think Newhook, Barron and a 1st is the return for Miller - you will be disappointed. I would be willing to bet Newhook is a non-starter, and I'm a Canuck fan.

Reactions: bh53

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
As a final point: if we're talking 2022 Dater seriously (we shouldn't), then it also needs to be pointed out he said the organizational plan is to keep Newhook to be the #2 centre of the future, and they're looking for a stop gap for the next 1.5 seasons as he matures into that role. So, if we take Dater seriously, the Avs' plan isn't to trade the future #2 centre for the stopgap forward :rolleyes:

I didn’t hear the radio spot but it could also be interpreted as Sakic knows they have a good thing going now and swapping Newhook for Miller is a HUGE upgrade for this post-season and next while the team still has Kadri and MacK is still on a sweetheart deal. Do you wait a couple years, hope Newhook becomes as good as Miller is or do you load up for this season and next?

Reactions: Buresflyingelbow

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What’s his injury situation? See that he’s banged up right now. If Anaheim ate $1-1.5m I think it would be a reasonable target.
Not 100% sure... seems like theyve been hush hush about it. Just labeled lower body injury. Hopefully hes back before deadline, and can show he is healhty.... i think a few playoff teams would love to add his center depth(can also play wing).... and is a pretty good leader/locker room guy. And i agree if we retain 1-1.5 a team like Colorado might be very interested.

Would be a lot cheaper than a guy like Miller, asset wise. And you could prob manage to get Stolarz as part of the deal who is a solid back up(dostal looks ready, and honstly ericksson ek prob deserves to get a look in the not too distant future)... ducks are in a position to move stolarz i think

Reactions: Perratrooper

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I didn’t hear the radio spot but it could also be interpreted as Sakic knows they have a good thing going now and swapping Newhook for Miller is a HUGE upgrade for this post-season and next while the team still has Kadri and MacK is still on a sweetheart deal. Do you wait a couple years, hope Newhook becomes as good as Miller is or do you load up for this season and next?

This guy floats rumors that are almost always erroneous. He has no connections with the team. He even had his press credential revoked.

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
If that's true, Miller + Halak makes so much sense. But the price would obviously be high, and I'm not sure what the Avs would be willing to part with. I believe their first is already gone this year, and I can't imagine losing Miller without a firs coming back.
I’ll be shocked because like Stevie Y Sakic seems very conservative and won’t go all in. Tampa doesn’t win if they don’t go all in 2020 getting Coleman Goodrow which made it easier to do the same in 2021 with Savard

Feb 19, 2018
Lmao that’s arguably more than what Eichel got.
Nobody factors in the two players they are going to have to lose due to salary cap for basically nothing in order to fit in Eichel.
So add those two, say Smith and Dandonov to the trade. Everyone knows they are in trouble and will have to unload them with a potential kicker or two.

Last edited:

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Avs need at Center is an upgrade on Helm/Jost/Maltsev. A great faceoff guy who can skate and improve the PK rotation. I think any offense improvement is just icing on the cake.

Miller would be an awesome luxury add at C/W but likely too pricey for the long term organizational plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad