Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Barron/Helleson + 2023 1st + Olausson + 2022 3rd for Miller and Halak.

I am pretty high on Helleson and am excited to see him at the Olympics.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Feb 19, 2018
If you think Newhook, Barron and a 1st is the return for Miller - you will be disappointed. I would be willing to bet Newhook is a non-starter, and I'm a Canuck fan.
He will be the ask and I’m sure the only target that will move the needle in a trade. Vancouver loves JT Miller so it will take a player that they see being able to replace him or a top RHD Prospect like Braden Schneider from the Rangers, who are also “all in” on Miller. He’s they type of guy who helps win Stanley Cups and could be a Smyth winner.

Huge leader too who is pretty much always healthy. Guy plays like an ox.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Why is Sportsnet interviewing guys who aren’t even allowed near the team they used to cover lol.

Reactions: JKG33

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Not 100% sure... seems like theyve been hush hush about it. Just labeled lower body injury. Hopefully hes back before deadline, and can show he is healhty.... i think a few playoff teams would love to add his center depth(can also play wing).... and is a pretty good leader/locker room guy. And i agree if we retain 1-1.5 a team like Colorado might be very interested.

Would be a lot cheaper than a guy like Miller, asset wise. And you could prob manage to get Stolarz as part of the deal who is a solid back up(dostal looks ready, and honstly ericksson ek prob deserves to get a look in the not too distant future)... ducks are in a position to move stolarz i think

So what would be your ask for Henrique ($1.5 retained) and Stolarz?

Also how is Henrique’s skating?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
A 2 year rental ala Tampa Bay is exactly the kind of move I'd want the Avs to make. Especially for a stud like Miller

Yup. Our issue is we dont have the same quality of assets Tampa Bay had that deadline where they added Goodrow and Coleman. They had 2 1sts in that draft that they were able to use to acquire said pieces. The Avs dont even have a 1st, or 2nd this year.

It'll be trickier for us but it could still be done. Its just going to completely rid of us of our prospect pool essentially. We have some real solid prospects. Particularly on Defense. Barron being a recent 1st rounder who has already had a taste of NHL action and looking real solid in the AHL. Helleson who broke out at the WJC 2 years ago and now is going to represent the US at the Olympics, and Behrens, a 2nd rounder last year who's nearly PPG as a freshman in College this year.

I think all 3 Dmen should carry solid value at the deadline. They also have 1st round pick from last year Olausson, I'd be a little surprised if they traded him, but if its for a C with term I think anybody will be available.

Reactions: CanuckCity

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Barron/Helleson + 2023 1st + Olausson + 2022 3rd for Miller and Halak.

I am pretty high on Helleson and am excited to see him at the Olympics.

Canucks would take that and run. I don't think the Avs would consider it though. You'd have to retain 50% on Miller for sure.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
As good as Newhook is he’s not really a need for Vancouver, we more size and grit, we needs a partner for Hughes. Trading Miller for Newhook seems a bit silly to me.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Barron+Jost+2023 1st+ 2022 conditional 3rd(If they win cup, we also get 2023 2nd) Miller 1m retained and Halak would be fair IMO.

Jost still has potential, Barron has serious upside, Avs don't have a 2022 1st, and the conditional 3rd is for retention, addition of Halak.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Canucks would take that and run. I don't think the Avs would consider it though. You'd have to retain 50% on Miller for sure.
Take out Olausson and it’s probably close. He’s asking for the equivalence of three 1st round picks.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
As good as Newhook is he’s not really a need for Vancouver, we more size and grit, we needs a partner for Hughes. Trading Miller for Newhook seems a bit silly to me.

Agreed especially since The Canucks have Horvat and Pettersson down the middle. Pettersson has struggled a bit this season and has dabbled with playing wing but he is still a cornerstone for the franchise. Miller is our biggest asset that could be moved, i think he only gets moved for a Dman as the main piece of the return. Without Miller, Canuck are still decent at forward

Horvat
Pettersson
Boeser
Garland
Hoglander
Podkolzin

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Helleson would be a great fit for Vancouver. RHD that's really good Defensively, but also has some offensive skill to go with that.

Perfect partner for Hughes if his game translates to the NHL well. The Olympics should really shine a light on just how steady and consistent his game is.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Personally
I would accept

Jost
Barron/Helleson
Stienburg/2023 1st

for
Miller

reading what dater said it sounds like Newhook is off limits

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They should just trade for Giroux then extend him at something like 3 x $6

Would love to see Giroux finish his career playing with a powerhouse after the bullshit he just had to deal with for a decade.

Reactions: 95snipes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad