Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Do you think Vancouver is going to trade Miller for what is deemed “fair value”?

And the 1st involved in that trade was more valuable than a future 1st Colorado would be offering.

What you’re offering is what a team should expect to pay for a rental of Miller’s ability. Vancouver has no reason to move Miller at this trade deadline for the same value they could expect to get at next year’s deadline. Are they in the business of doing other teams’ favours?
You think you’re getting 2 1sts at next years deadline

yeah we’re done here, there’s no point discussing with you further

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
I mean I'm not suggesting they sell him off for draft picks just to make the team worse. But theres comparable (and more importantly, reliable) forwards out there that the Avs would be better off with
Who did you have in mind? Naz is scoring more right now than nearly everyone else in the league. He figures to be a big part of the run if he can stop himself from ganking somebody.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010

Miller at next year's deadline would get a 1st, another pick (2nd/3rd) and a solid prospect, and a little salary coming back to make the trade work. That's what first line players on expiring contracts return at the trade deadline. I don't think it's outlandish to value the second pick + prospect at around a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

If he continues to produce at the rate he has the previous 3 years, absolutely.

Let's take a look at what some previous, much worse, impending UFA's returned:

Martin Hanzal, 1st and 2nd
Kevin Shattenkirk, 1st and Zach Sanford
Paul Stastny, 1st and 4th
Evander Kane, 1st and 4th
Rick Nash, 1st round pick+
Barclay Goodrow, 1st round pick
Nick Foligno, 1st and 4th
David Savard, 1st and 3rd

Every single one of these players had significantly less value than what Miller would hold if he continues his production of the last three years. It's not unreasonable at all to expect the value of two late 1sts for him at next year's deadline.

Spoken like a true loser of an argument.

Last edited:

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
JR has already came out and said that he wants to build a good team over the long term and not do a short term fix by trading 1st rounders/ higher round picks / prospects that we don’t have.

BB is here to fix the kids who were drowning due to Green.

We don’t know what direction the team is going to go but JR said he wont make it until this month after we play all the good teams.
I know that but when has JR done a proper retool or rebuild? He’s Dave Dombroski of Hockey. He’s great putting final pieces of the puzzle together but cripples franchise when he is done.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
If he continues to produce at the rate he has the previous 3 years, absolutely.

Let's take a look at what some previous, much worse, impending UFA's returned:

Martin Hanzal, 1st and 2nd
Kevin Shattenkirk, 1st round pick+
Paul Stastny, 1st round pick
Evander Kane, 1st and 4th
Rick Nash, 1st round pick+
Barclay Goodrow, 1st round pick
Nick Foligno, 1st and 4th
David Savard, 1st and 3rd

Every single one of these players had significantly less value than what Miller would hold if he continues his production of the last three years. It's not unreasonable at all to expect the value of two late 1sts for him at next year's deadline.

Spoken like a true loser of an argument.
How about that? You couldn’t even post a single example of a 2 month rental returning 2 1st round picks

You’re not objective.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
How about that? You couldn’t even post a single example of a 2 month rental returning 2 1st round picks

You’re not objective.

Let me know when an impending UFA of Miller's caliber was last traded at the deadline. I'll wait.

Mark Stone is the closest comparable and he returned a bluechip prospect and a 2nd. That's easily comparable to 2 late 1st's.

Last edited:

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Let me know when an impending UFA of Miller's caliber was last traded at the deadline. I'll wait.

Mark Stone is the closest comparable and he returned a bluechip prospect and a 2nd. That's easily comparable to 2 late 1st's.
Didn’t senators get 2 firsts for duchene + 2 prospects? Pretty sure he was a UFA. Maybe I am wrong though.

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
Uh... How big is that +?
Well with all things considered, let's remember that Byram is still a rookie and has a concussion issue.

No matter which way you look at it, no matter the severity, that is a red flag. The + wouldn't be as big as most people expect. Don't get it twisted, I know Byram's value is higher than Zacha due to his potential, but we're talking about trading a young, established NHL C/W who is still an RFA so Colorado has control of him for multiple years. He would be a very good 3C (granted if Newhook doesn't work out for whatever reason), or a very solid complementary top 6 winger with an excellent shot who won't break your bank with his next contract.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Didn’t senators get 2 firsts for duchene + 2 prospects? Pretty sure he was a UFA. Maybe I am wrong though.

Duchene was dealt near the start of the year when he had 2 years left and returned a 1st, recent 1st(Bowers), recent 2nd(Girard), Kamenev, 2nd and 3rd. Sakic played that perfectly though by getting Turris from Ottawa and flipping him to Nashville.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Would expect if Canucks do move miller it would be this trade deadline or in off-season. Seems pointless to wait another deadline for the return to decrease. Only way it goes that long if Canucks try to resign him and realize it’s not going to happen.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Maybe, but we can't just trade him straight up for one of those guys, and won't get enough back in return for him to make it worthwhile. I think the idea would be to add someone to Kadri's line for the playoffs, who can take over the 2C roll next year to give Newhook more time.

I mean you'd probably get a 1st plus from one of those eastern conference teams. Then you can turn around and trade for Miller and maybe someone else. Allows the Avs to control the market and keep guys away from St Louis and Vegas

Who did you have in mind? Naz is scoring more right now than nearly everyone else in the league. He figures to be a big part of the run if he can stop himself from ganking somebody.

That's a big if, and he hasn't shown any ability to play smart when the going gets tough in his 10+ yr career.

If ya'll can get a 1st plus something, turn around and buy a JT Miller at 50%, and then trade something else for Giroux and re-sign him, ya'll would prop the window open for next year too.

Admittedly I don't know the Avs prospect pool super well, but they should be getting ready to go all in right now. Kadri + prospects out for Miller and Giroux does this.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
The Avs are not interested in JT Miller.

Dater's opinion and speculation is no more reliable or plausible than mine or any other poster on the Avs board. Or main boards.
BTW, I'm just joking about the interest in Miller. He'd be a nice add for most teams and should get a solid return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad