Rumor: Adrian Dater - Sakic looking to add a C with a bit of term and Goalie insurance- Mentions JT Miller

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
If the Jets do go into selling, I like the idea of Copp

I've also always had this suspicion (or maybe the fan in me just hopes) Sakic would bring back Pauly Walnuts to be the 3C for a run or two to end his career.
I thought it would be this year, but Jets paid more than I expected Stastny to make.
I, personally, think Copp is gone regardless. Jets need cap room to extend PLD and others and Copp will be a casualty of that.
I’m hoping we keep Stastny. Sign him to 1 yr at 2.5m and keep signing him to 1 yr deals. He’s the perfect vet presence and is loved by the org, the team, and the fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: AslanRH

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Why you bashing Vancouver? Literally one of the nicest cities in the world

I was just counter jabbing a guy who took a crack at avs fans. Vancouver is absolutely gorgeous I wasn’t trying to hate on the city, actually lived nearby in Langley for a few years.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
I dont agree with your logic. First The Avs don't need offense they need a goalie. 2nd to say they have all these other players does not diminish a prospects value. He is what he is and his value is his value. You dont sell a player for less because you have depth. 3rd cherry picking past trades that were over pays does not dictate their value. Mark stone was traded for much less Taylor hall last year. Sam Reinhart this year. I could probably name some more if I actually put thought into it.

In all seriousness, I will admit the price is going down from thread to thread. The Rangers thread had a price of 4 1st round picks and now its Barron and 2 firsts? I think that's fairly close. I personally feel its a 1st, prospect and another smaller piece player/2nd round pick etc.
The word is that they want someone like Miller who is contracted next year on a team friendly deal to replace Kadri because he isn't likely to re-sign. Sakic doesn't see Newhook as ready next year to be 2c and doesn't want to waste a year with Mackinnon on a friendly contract.
If they don't get Miller now, they aren't getting him. Who knows what will.be available in the off season.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Save the assets and sign Paul Stasney to a one year deal. He and Newhook can play middle six Cs next year.

Avs very much set at 1, 2 and 3C for this season. Newhook has been better than expected. Kadri having a massive career season as 2C.

Avs don’t need a goalie. They have two capable ones. The Avs need a PK defender so they don’t need to pretend Jack Johnson is actually that guy. He’s just a rich man’s Patrick Nemeth.

Avs should make Bowers, or Kaut or Ranta available to add a bottom pair stay at home type.

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Save the assets and sign Paul Stasney to a one year deal. He and Newhook can play middle six Cs next year.

Avs very much set at 1, 2 and 3C for this season. Newhook has been better than expected. Kadri having a massive career season as 2C.

Avs don’t need a goalie. They have two capable ones. The Avs need a PK defender so they don’t need to pretend Jack Johnson is actually that guy. He’s just a rich man’s Patrick Nemeth.

Avs should make Bowers, or Kaut or Ranta available to add a bottom pair stay at home type.

The Avs could definitely use a better 3rd string goalie. Halak makes a certain amount of sense in that role.

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
JT Miller would be good fit for Colorado would be a good Brandon Saad replacement
the Avalanche can get a deal done for sure

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Rumor is he won't waive
wow, where is this rumour coming from?
would be NUTS
he wouldnt give up getting scraps for playing time on a bottom 10 team for a chance to take the starting role on arguably the clear cup favorite??

(not to mention what playing for the Avs would do for his next contract prospects)

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
wow, where is this rumour coming from?
would be NUTS
he wouldnt give up getting scraps for playing time on a bottom 10 team for a chance to take the starting role on arguably the clear cup favorite??

(not to mention what playing for the Avs would do for his next contract prospects)
I read it on a rumor page a few days ago. Part of it was the he may not be interested in waiving.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Yeah because Canucks fans burning the city down is a fact right? You must watch a lot of Fox news.

I mean I literally watched it with my own eyes and I think millions of other people did too. Are you saying it was faked? Either way it was a joke you don’t need to take it that hard.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I mean I literally watched it with my own eyes and I think millions of other people did too. Are you saying it was faked? Either way it was a joke you don’t need to take it that hard.
There was one street where police cars were flipped and on fire, and stores were looted. The fact that people equate this to burning the city down shows a lack of iq.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad