Adam Larsson..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chico Eats

Jul 10, 2009
Branchburg
We don't know how NHL ready any of the other prospects are. Urbom and Merrill could both be total busts, and we'd be sorry we traded Corrente just for the sake of trading him.

Vancouver's run last year proved how important it is to have a lot of depth on the blueline, because injuries can be a killer if you don't have good talent waiting.

MJB Devils23*

unless there is a trade, there realistically is only 1 spot on the D available next year

Larsson
Volchenkov
Tallinder
Greene
Fayne

will all be here.

thats just not enough room for a guy like corrente with all the otehr guys we have on the way

I hope this means Urbom.

Flame Demers*

We don't know how NHL ready any of the other prospects are. Urbom and Merrill could both be total busts, and we'd be sorry we traded Corrente just for the sake of trading him.

Vancouver's run last year proved how important it is to have a lot of depth on the blueline, because injuries can be a killer if you don't have good talent waiting.

sorry if this posted twice...

the only times I have really got a good look at Corrente is when he was playing forward.. I forget what year and what coach, due to bad short / long term memory..

does anyone watch him in albany

onefatsurfer

I speak in code
Feb 10, 2009
Jersey Shore
If you can contribute at the NHL-level you're not a bust. Corrente is not a bust.

he was drafted in the 1st round. fayne, drafted in the 5th round, is light-years ahead of corrente. undrafted taormina is on par with him, at least. Mark Fraser (3rd round) is better than him. urbom, drafted in the 3rd round, 3 years after corrente, has much higher potential and, IMO, much more likely to make an impact at the NHL level.

he's getting passed over by younger and better prospects, and, IMO, in 1-2 years he'll be a footnote in NJD's history

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Why are we talking about Corrente for the last 2 pages, when it's a thread about Larsson? I wanted to join a Larsson discussion... not Matt "I'm a career AHL'er" Corrente.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
unless there is a trade, there realistically is only 1 spot on the D available next year

Larsson
Volchenkov
Tallinder
Greene
Fayne

will all be here.

thats just not enough room for a guy like corrente with all the otehr guys we have on the way

And I think that spot will be going to Tao or Urbom most likely. Maybe even our 2012 first round pick, if it's a defenceman.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

And I think that spot will be going to Tao or Urbom most likely. Maybe even our 2012 first round pick, if it's a defenceman.

There is no way our 2012 1st round picks cracks the NHL, no way... unless we are drafting in the top #5 again.

It's time for Urbom and Taormina to take their game to the next level.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Who's this Corrente guy you speak of? Is he spanish, like Henrique?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
There is no way our 2012 1st round picks cracks the NHL, no way... unless we are drafting in the top #5 again.

It's time for Urbom and Taormina to take their game to the next level.

Why couldn't the first round pick crack the NHL? The draft is loaded with elite talent, if we get lucky and someone really good drops to us, he just might make the team. Can't rule it out.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Corrente's a bust.

If you can contribute at the NHL-level you're not a bust. Corrente is not a bust.

Corrente's nearly a bust.

There. Glad I could settle that argument for you two.

Why couldn't the first round pick crack the NHL? The draft is loaded with elite talent, if we get lucky and someone really good drops to us, he just might make the team. Can't rule it out.

You mentioned a defenseman, and yes you can rule that out. It is extremely rare for 18 year old NHL defensemen to crack a half-way decent NHL roster. When this does happen, it's usually either on a really, really, really crappy team, or an uber-gifted top-5 NHL prospect (like AL). Those conditions wont apply to the Devils next year. You can rule it out.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

You mentioned a defenseman, and yes you can rule that out. It is extremely rare for 18 year old NHL defensemen to crack a half-way decent NHL roster. When this does happen, it's usually either on a really, really, really crappy team, or an uber-gifted top-5 NHL prospect (like AL). Those conditions wont apply to the Devils next year. You can rule it out.

This.

We'll have one spot for one d-men next year and I doubt we'll see another 18 year old kid make the jump right away. Larsson will be a stud but we are all seing what a 18 year old d-men with minimal experience at the pro level can do when things start to settle down.

With that said, I think Larsson is head and shoulders above anyone who's available in this years draft, so if Adam is "struggling" a bit atm... I don't even want to know what guys like Dumba, Murray, etc would look like. Larsson is already built like a truck and played against men for a couple of years... can't say the same about anyone who's available this year.

We are in no hurry to bring up a 18 year old kid. Larsson was a exception for more then one reason and I doubt Lou will let another rookie crack the team right off the bat whitout going to Albany.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
So how was his first half of the rookie season? I haven´t been able to watch him lately.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
He has been excellent defensively. He needs more experience in order to be able to take on more minutes, and there are occasional errors, but he's already one of the Devils' best and steadiest defencemen. I feel very comfortable with him on the ice.

He has found some offence too. Before the season I said I'd be happy if he put up 15-25 points. He's already got 13, and so he's on pace to match or exceed my expectation.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
So how was his first half of the rookie season? I haven´t been able to watch him lately.

He has had his ups and downs, but overall he has been good. He is the best defenseman on our roster just because he is good at both offense and defense, not to mention he can make an amazing outlet pass.

Over the last few games he has shown some amazing potential while being a rock defensively.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Up and down, as was expected. He had a lull in play in the middle, but he's picked it back up lately. You could tell the few days off in Sweden really helped him. He'll likely be up and down the rest of the way, but you can tell he's going to be a fantastic minutes eater with good offensive ability. If we can find a good ppqb to pair with him, our defense should be fine for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad