Adam Larsson..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426
ZING!

Its not about how good steckel was. Its more about trading the best faceoff man in the league.

ZING!

thats pretty much it. carter on the other hand is doing well enough in the circle and actually uses his frame with no problem. steckels goals are a fluke. just like cookes. i know steckel looked like a dreamboat in that leather jacket, but that ship has sailed sister.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Corrente is on the track of becoming a bust. I mean I don't want to be negative but with Tao, Urbom, and Merill looking for roster spots there really is no way we can put him anywhere.

I agree with you. I don't think Corrente has a future with the Devils' organisation. There will be a spot open for a rookie to take next season, with Salvador most likely not returning, but it's more likely to go to Urbom than it is to Salvador.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I'm very ok with Steckel being gone from this team. I'm glad he has a role somewhere else though, and that we got a pick

Buggsy

Sep 16, 2009
Halifax, NS
I agree with you. I don't think Corrente has a future with the Devils' organisation. There will be a spot open for a rookie to take next season, with Salvador most likely not returning, but it's more likely to go to Urbom than it is to Salvador.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Corrente is playing Top pairing, pp and pk in albany while Urbom has been scratched multiple times?

Seems like Corrente is the one playing better.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Corrente is playing Top pairing, pp and pk in albany while Urbom has been scratched multiple times?

Seems like Corrente is the one playing better.

At the moment yes, but I think Urbom does have a future at the NHL level, while Corrente seems to have topped out in the AHL, because of his frequent injuries and inability to put a complete game together.

MJB Devils23*

thats pretty much it. carter on the other hand is doing well enough in the circle and actually uses his frame with no problem. steckels goals are a fluke. just like cookes. i know steckel looked like a dreamboat in that leather jacket, but that ship has sailed sister.

Steckel is so dreamy.

Flame Demers*

hahahhahahahaha very funny!!! ghahahhahaahhah funniest thing I read on the BOARDS!:yo:

v\thanks man, I laughed for like 3 mins...

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
<swoon>

steckel.jpg

</swoon>

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
At the moment yes, but I think Urbom does have a future at the NHL level, while Corrente seems to have topped out in the AHL, because of his frequent injuries and inability to put a complete game together.

Corrente deserves a call-up if he continues his current trends. I will hold off my judgement of his NHL future until then. Urbom is a different story. He still has the potential to be a solid defender in the NHL, but he has yet to put it all together. Also, I believe that he has been playing well-based on stats-in the last few games he has played.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Corrente deserves a call-up if he continues his current trends. I will hold off my judgement of his NHL future until then. Urbom is a different story. He still has the potential to be a solid defender in the NHL, but he has yet to put it all together. Also, I believe that he has been playing well-based on stats-in the last few games he has played.

I agree. I don't think Corrente got enough of a look this pre-season, due to the glut of middling defenders and Fraser's one way contract. All he can be asked to do at this point is succeed in the AHL, and he seems to be doing that ahead of sexier prospects like Tao and Urbom.

battlingBard56

May 30, 2011
Union County, NJ
I honestly believe after seeing Steckal's "effort" here that he had no intention giving a strong effort while in a Devils sweater. To me, hustling and giving an effort despite a (He called it a broken toe right?) small injury is part of what it means to be a Devil. Steckal was NEVER a Devil in my mind. Carter however, based on the effort he gives each night, IS. I would rather have him than yet ANOTHER quiter and sourpuss in Steckal.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

Corrente might get a call-up if we have a significant injury to one of our current defencemen. I'm just not convinced that he will be able to stick this time, after he has failed to do so many times in the past.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Corrente might get a call-up if we have a significant injury to one of our current defencemen. I'm just not convinced that he will be able to stick this time, after he has failed to do so many times in the past.

Technically, he stuck last time, but I'm not sure how that counts when Maclean was the coach under which he had success. His real issue is he needs to stop getting injured.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I agree. I don't think Corrente got enough of a look this pre-season, due to the glut of middling defenders and Fraser's one way contract. All he can be asked to do at this point is succeed in the AHL, and he seems to be doing that ahead of sexier prospects like Tao and Urbom.

I think that Lou can get something in return for Fraser if DeBoer feels comfortable showcasing him some more-I am still surprised nobody claimed him. He can play 15 minutes a night and to a team like Montreal he will be a great #7.

I have not heard anything recently about Taormina. I know that his play has declined(or rather he started out a bit rusty); but that is not surprising considering he did not play hockey for almost ten months. Does he still have an NHL future or do we have another promising yet underachieving player?

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Technically, he stuck last time, but I'm not sure how that counts when Maclean was the coach under which he had success. His real issue is he needs to stop getting injured.

I am not sure but I believe that he had a huge hit and then the ensuing fight resulted in a hand injury. Is this right? Anyhow, the thing he needed to work on was his positioning and every aspect of his hitting other then delivering the actual hit. And remember the AHL is not just a league of scrubs, for one to play top minutes against the opponent's top line even in the AHL does speak for his overall play. If only we could see him play some defense.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Corrente definitely gets a bad rap, but he can still look pretty solid on a good night. With that said, he still has not proven anything to remain on an NHL roster. He has a lot more aspects to his game, but at this point I'm doubtful he can put it all together at once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad