Adam Larsson..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Devil*

before the Devils drafted him, wasn't pretty much everyone, including the media, saying how he has a "booming" shot?

Well that's kinda false. When we drafted Larsson it was all about his defensive skills.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Larsson is never going to rack up points, but I expect him to be a 30-40 point defenceman every year in his prime, while playing shutdown defence for 25 minutes a night.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
In other words - potential Norris Trophy nominee in 2011. :laugh:

Nah, he won't start getting consideration for the Norris for some time yet. We're getting way ahead of ourselves here.

This year, I want to see 15 points, good defence, and evidence that he is improving in the few weak areas of his game. I think he is delivering that.

Flame Demers*

Larsson is never going to rack up points, but I expect him to be a 30-40 point defenceman every year in his prime, while playing shutdown defence for 25 minutes a night.

how can you gather his career stats from watching him in one of nhl hockey

I think once he starts hitting the net he will light it up

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
I don't expect him to put up big points unless he gets his shot a lot better. He will get plenty of assists tho because he has shown great passing and vision. I'm not concerned with that aspect of the game.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
We have an anti-Kovy guy (Jim) and an anti-Parise guy (Muttley), guess he saw a niche as an anti-Larsson guy.

Unfortunately, he's just jumped into this with little regard to nuance and evolution of the persona. You gotta ease into the role before you can truly establish your own place in the "Pantheon of Haters," (which I mean in the absolute best way Jim/Muttley)

This perspective is genius.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Nah, he won't start getting consideration for the Norris for some time yet. We're getting way ahead of ourselves here.

This year, I want to see 15 points, good defence, and evidence that he is improving in the few weak areas of his game. I think he is delivering that.
1) You`ve said "in his prime".
2) I said 2011, the year where two of three nominees were 45point minute eaters more than point rackers.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
1) You`ve said "in his prime".
2) I said 2011, the year where two of three nominees were 45point minute eaters more than point rackers.

Oh I see. I thought you meant you thought I was saying he'd be considered for the Norris this season. Now that you've explained it, it makes much more sense. :laugh:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

So apparently Larsson is a bust while Corrente and some other guy nobody knows are heading for stardom? I love this place :clap:

Who knew Brayn Murray had a account on HF?

That's the only logical explanation I have for someone bashing a 18 year old rookie after his 13th NHL game. I know it sucked dropping down 2 spots after we won the lottery but that's just the way it goes Sylvester.

Crimson Devil*

So apparently Larsson is a bust while Corrente and some other guy nobody knows are heading for stardom? I love this place :clap:

Who knew Brayn Murray had a account on HF?

That's the only logical explanation I have for someone bashing a 18 year old rookie after his 13th NHL game. I know it sucked dropping down 2 spots after we won the lottery but that's just the way it goes Sylvester.

Corrente is on the track of becoming a bust. I mean I don't want to be negative but with Tao, Urbom, and Merill looking for roster spots there really is no way we can put him anywhere.

Flame Demers*

you would seriously rather have mills on line 4 than steckel?

62% on draws?

did you ever play real hockey where face offs matter?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
you would seriously rather have mills on line 4 than steckel?

62% on draws?

did you ever play real hockey where face offs matter?

When healthy. Zajac-Elias-Henrique-Carter is much better than Zajac-Elias-Henrique-Steckel.

I could give two ***** about faceoffs if you're bad at everything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad