Adam Larsson..

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

banned-1.jpg

Gimmicked.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
im a brandon burlon, dan kelly, and corrente fan. you guys all have larssons dick in your mouths and need to take them out so u can realize that larsson is not the future. can win games without goals sure larsson can kill penalties but we could have signed some random defense d man to do that instead of wasting a 4th overally draft pick on larsson. shoulda drafted schieffle or sean couturier

Without Larsson, the defence is terrible. Taking up 20-25 minutes a night with no loss of effectiveness as an 18 year old is very impressive.

Last season proved that the team cannot do anything offensively without good puck moving defencemen who can spring the breakout, move the puck up ice, and join the rush. Larsson can do those things very capably, and your collection of heroes who have done nothing yet in the NHL (though I have hope for Burlon), cannot. Larsson is also our PP QB, and although he hasn't really settled into the role and started putting up points yet, it is illogical to expect him to do it so soon in his career.

We could have picked Couturier or Scheifele, but then our transition attack would be as bad as ever, and the forwards would still be stuck playing 3 on 5, just like last season. Neither of those guys would be putting up your mythical 100 point rookie seasons, which very few players, only generational players, have done. Your expectations are unreasonable.

GM17*

Drew Doughty actualyl scored and put up minutes and played D in his rookie season he wasnt jsut a big pylon out there taking up ice time id rahter see corrente up there instead of larsson

Are you suggesting Larsson isn't putting up minutes and playing D? Mental.

Doughty took forever to do anything offensively. He was inconsistent offensively at best.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/4472/gamelog;_ylt=AjO.5YvpQb403G1cMMFdL8hivLYF?year=2008

Corrente? He who got 3 of his 7 pts in one game?

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Personally I dont think larsson is anything special at all. I think hes a bust so far and overated and hyped up. He is born in 92 and in my opinion out of the 10- 15 players in the league now that are born in 1992 he is probably the worst. Jeff skinner is the same age and hes impressive not larsson. Tyler seguins also a 92 and hes impressive not larsson i think larsson needs to be sent back to the SEL or develop in the AHL
My head just explo...

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
LMAO - Corrente fan. I'm sure Corrente would be on the PP putting shots on net and scoring up a storm which is exactly what we need in our D lineup this year.

Larsson is 18 btw - not 19 (for another 2 days) and is not a forward like all those names you keep spewing out like vomit.

THESE are his comparables;

rookieD.jpg

*damnit... he gone.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
We have an anti-Kovy guy (Jim) and an anti-Parise guy (Muttley), guess he saw a niche as an anti-Larsson guy.

Unfortunately, he's just jumped into this with little regard to nuance and evolution of the persona. You gotta ease into the role before you can truly establish your own place in the "Pantheon of Haters," (which I mean in the absolute best way Jim/Muttley)

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
We have an anti-Kovy guy (Jim) and an anti-Parise guy (Muttley), guess he saw a niche as an anti-Larsson guy.

Unfortunately, he's just jumped into this with little regard to nuance and evolution of the persona. You gotta ease into the role before you can truly establish your own place in the "Pantheon of Haters," (which I mean in the absolute best way Jim/Muttley)

Don't forget our anti-Marty guy...

There was only 1 slot left on Mt. Douchemore and he went for it.

Big#D

For those looking for a Doughty vs Larsson breakdown after 13 games (I'm not about to do it for other players or later this season after more games):

Player|GP|G|A|P|+/-|PIM|S|S%|Shifts|TOI
Doughty|13|2|3|5|6|10|19|10.53%|25.69|21:56
Larsson|13|0|2|2|(3)|8|17|0.00%|24.07|23:37
Difference|0|(2)|(1)|(3)|(9)|(2)|(2)|(10.53%)|(1.62)|1:41

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ya he needs to work on his hatin. I dont buy it, too over the top with little merit. He hasn't earned muttley or jom status

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I don't understand the Larsson/Doughty comparison... Completely different types of defenseman. Am I missing something?

Big#D

I don't understand the Larsson/Doughty comparison... Completely different types of defenseman. Am I missing something?

They both played alot of minutes in their rookie season.

The purpose of my chart was that other than a couple of goals by Doughty, he and Larsson have pretty much the same stats. So if Larsson sucks, I hope he can be as sucky as Doughty in his career.

Larsson is doing fine. And d-men, especially rookie ones shouldn't be judged by offensive stats.

apice3*

Larsson isn't as good as some of the best players in the league as an 18 year old, and therefore sucks.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

It makes no sense to me either. Doughty is an anomaly, most defencemen don't emulate his development curve. Expecting Larsson to do so seems unfair to him.

GM17*

Doughty comparison was to show the trend of young two way defenders which doughty is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad