GDT: #58| Columbus Blue jackets @ New York Islanders | February 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
A dilemna . . . Gibson playing in Detroit tonight . . . root for my Yahoo team or for Detroit to catch us in the standings?

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
I’m missing something. Were the Islanders supposed to be good? What’s all the outrage? They didn’t make the playoffs last year. Other then this page, who says they’re supposed to be good? Are we pretending again they should be in the playoffs?

Yes, they were supposed to make the playoffs this season. They lost out on a playoff spot by one point and were playing with one goaltender.

A team with Tavares and Barzal as your #1 and #2 centers should not be missing the playoffs. Practically every coach in the league would kill for this teams top-6, and they would not be missing the playoffs if they had those players at their disposal.

All we had to do is play respectable defensive hockey, and we haven't even come close to that.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I Don't Know
Snow Must Go

Someone fill in the last two lines and we have a poem

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Transcript of player's meeting

JT shuts door all the players sit down

JT - anyone have anything to say
Jaro - you guys all effin suck, I can't believe you expect me to take 45 shots a night, f you, I am outta here (exists room)

JT - umm, umm anyone else
Jane - (picks up his bong, lights up) did we lose?
JT - Yeah, any insight into why
Ladd - yeah I think it was that guy (points to Barzal)
Barzal - me, really, did you even touch the puck at all
Ladd - I get 7 million bucks a year, I don't have to touch the puck
Clutter - well count me out I get 3.5 M
Chimera - I get my 2 million
JT - OK so we are all good?

I think this is where Boychuk would slam the door shut and take over.... he should be the captain

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Toniught was the nail in the coffin. It's over. After all this the fact that garf has done nothing completely baffles the mind

Certainly feels that way. This is the make or break part of the season (Weight’s own words). Yet the Isles are one 5 minute major from completely winless.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
No, he really isn't, he's a bad ass . . . which this team needs now
I see him in Montreal for 2 years now. He is VERY QUIET! Don't be fooled by appearances: he is a nice giant with a slap shot that can kill someone. But he is not the kind of player to raise his voice in a locker room (according by what it says by the media here in Montreal who followed the team - and it's not necessarily negative. Weber is respected for his posture and imposing physique).

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I like when people look at this team, then one loss, and they say "OK now the season is over."

And by "like" I mean...Sheesh.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Transcript of player's meeting

JT shuts door all the players sit down

JT - anyone have anything to say
Jaro - you guys all effin suck, I can't believe you expect me to take 45 shots a night, f you, I am outta here (exists room)

JT - umm, umm anyone else
Jane - (picks up his bong, lights up) did we lose?
JT - Yeah, any insight into why
Ladd - yeah I think it was that guy (points to Barzal)
Barzal - me, really, did you even touch the puck at all
Ladd - I get 7 million bucks a year, I don't have to touch the puck
Clutter - well count me out I get 3.5 M
Chimera - I get my 2 million
JT - OK so we are all good?

I think this is where Boychuk would slam the door shut and take over.... he should be the captain

Spot on - think the only part missing is when Leddy and Jane fought over the bong -

Tpkc2

Jul 19, 2013
I’ve posted this before, when Snow Ball traded Hamonic and got picks in return and than stood pat doomed their defense and team! Now last in the metro, he better not trade the picks but we all he will!

Reactions: Stercrazy

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Did Ladd play tonight ? Or this week ....

Ladd plays a pretty smart positional game with an active and strong stick. You know... exactly the way I hoped he would play on the LAST year of his mega deal.

He would do better on Barzal’s line... but then Beauvillier’s game would probably tank in the bottom six.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Sleeper issue no one wants to touch . . . JT is not a captain, he's a #2 follower. Too nice for the role that needs to be played right now. Think Shea Weber would not be hoarse right now?

Speaking of Shea Weber, what do you think Dimitri Chernykh is up to tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad