GDT: #58| Columbus Blue jackets @ New York Islanders | February 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
I’m missing something. Were the Islanders supposed to be good? What’s all the outrage? They didn’t make the playoffs last year. Other then this page, who says they’re supposed to be good? Are we pretending again they should be in the playoffs?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Press Conference

Stan: What was wrong the the Isles tonight:
Weight: well some nights you have chicken salad and other nights there isn't chicken in the salad.

Reporter: going to bench Chimera any time soon
Weight: Jason is a veteran hockey player, he will be fine

Reporter: Why do teams get 40 shots plus per night against the Isles
Weight: Well you heard butch on the broadcast there weren't many good shots

Reactions: Bones45

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Sleeper issue no one wants to touch . . . JT is not a captain, he's a #2 follower. Too nice for the role that needs to be played right now. Think Shea Weber would not be hoarse right now?
Shea Weber ??? He's kind of quiet too ...

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The coach doesnt know what to do. He doesnt have answers. thats the basic theme of this press conference.

he is in way over his head, a guy like Tortorella can counter Weight's strategy in less than 5 shifts

I will take a conference where the coach says:

Puck had eyes
Battle level was low
Boys played hahd
There were passenjuhs

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Maybe they should get Weight 5 more defensemen and a third and fourth line. Then we can pretend he should be winning.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Cal Clutterbuck doesnt know either. At least the theme is pretty consistent throughout the team. Nobody knows, nobody has any answers.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
I feel bad for Halak. 40+ shots nightly with multiple 2 on 1s and breakaways thrown in. Snow and Weight May accomplish having the worst defensive team of the 2000 era
maybe not the defensive worst team in all these years, but definitely the team with top offense most games and utterly weak defense so it's the difference between good and ugly that stands out so much with that team

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Definitely. He played very well his first season here, not so great after that though. I liked him mostly because he used to surf in Long Beach when he played for the Isles.

Yeah, by his second season on the Islanders the NHL really started to move towards a no-clutch speed game. But he would’ve been terrific in that Toronto series.

Reactions: Poulin 0n My St1ck

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Maybe they should get Weight 5 more defensemen and a third and fourth line. Then we can pretend he should be winning.

We can add Karlsson, Burns, Subban, Hedman, Stralman and have a bottom 6 of Crosby, Kucherov, Malkin, Kopitar, mcKinnon and Tarasenko and Bridgeport still gets 48 shots on Halak with this system

Reactions: bronxirish

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Lot's i don't know in the post game. The best is Weight down playing the shots. When you can't get out of your zone and the other team gets out of there's so easily of course your going to get outshot badly you clueless fool.

Barz1

Oct 22, 2011
Never thought anyone could be as clueless as Capuano, but weight has proved me wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad