GDT: #58| Columbus Blue jackets @ New York Islanders | February 13th | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
What did Weight mean by his 8 points comment? Something like 'doesn’t matter if we get the 8 points now or later'. Do they think 8 more points would be enough to make the playoffs?

:dunno:

12Dog

Feb 14, 2013
I wish he worked off 100% commission. Then we'd see how funny it would be and how motivated he would be to relay the message up the ladder.

Problem is, who’s at the top of the ladder and controls all information?
Need the accountants to tell the owners, cause Snow will never accept responsibility. He will let ownership know the fans are stupid and don’t understand his brilliance, he’s reinventing how things should be done.

IslesFanatic

Thank you, Lou!
Jun 7, 2006
Yeah Doug it was the crowd's fault! Maybe next time don't give up 26 SHOTS IN ONE PERIOD.......AGAIN. Snow Must Go. He's taken on that loser mentality of Snow and Wang.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Making the playoffs this year would require our competition to play worse than us.
They are not very good teams themselves, but we were just treated to one of them, The Blue Jackets, making us look like mites on our home ice.
If the stars align and the hockey Gods relent on us and hate on the others there might be a chance for the playoffs, not deserved at all.
Rags, Canes, Devils, Jackets, Isles with 5 points separating lowest Rags from top WC team Devils as of this morning. We are 3 points from final WC Devils and they have a game in hand. We could make it with help from the pack and a decent run of points.
What is sad is if we do get in (make is not the right phrase) that will be used to validate a group of inadequate, lazy, sloppy players coached by an incompetent inexperienced staff, assembled by a con artist failure.
I hate to root for losing. Getting in will hurt this team more because any required changes will be delayed, justified by the "success" of other teams failing worse than us.
There is not much we can do if ownership does not step up to save the quality of their investment. We can boycott or boo, chant and scream. I suggest we do all of the above as ownership appears to be oblivious to the thin ice they stand on in the afterglow of winning the arena bid. Only we the fans can get their attention by staying away in droves so the Kool-Aid their Snake Oil GM is selling them gets thrown away along with him and his coaching staff.
Time for a radical makeover Messieurs Ledecky and Malkin. Time to get real.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Making the playoffs this year would require our competition to play worse than us.
They are not very good teams themselves, but we were just treated to one of them, The Blue Jackets, making us look like mites on our home ice.
If the stars align and the hockey Gods relent on us and hate on the others there might be a chance for the playoffs, not deserved at all.
Rags, Canes, Devils, Jackets, Isles with 5 points separating lowest Rags from top WC team Devils as of this morning. We are 3 points from final WC Devils and they have a game in hand. We could make it with help from the pack and a decent run of points.
What is sad is if we do get in (make is not the right phrase) that will be used to validate a group of inadequate, lazy, sloppy players coached by an incompetent inexperienced staff, assembled by a con artist failure.
I hate to root for losing. Getting in will hurt this team more because any required changes will be delayed, justified by the "success" of other teams failing worse than us.
There is not much we can do if ownership does not step up to save the quality of their investment. We can boycott or boo, chant and scream. I suggest we do all of the above as ownership appears to be oblivious to the thin ice they stand on in the afterglow of winning the arena bid. Only we the fans can get their attention by staying away in droves so the Kool-Aid their Snake Oil GM is selling them gets thrown away along with him and his coaching staff.
Time for a radical makeover Messieurs Ledecky and Malkin. Time to get real.

You forgot to note that the teams behind us have a lot of games in hand too. We could easily finish bottom 6 overall in the League if our goals against don't shrink significantly.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Would really be nice if the local hockey media could take their attention away from their beloved rags with their 10,000 columns on that team to take a blowtorch to this total abortion of an organization.

Nobody covers the Isles really --- so even if they DID cover the true story --- nobody is accountable for their performance on this team -- from GM down to the equipment mgr (tho I hear he is world class!).

Just no point.

If you put your ear out da window, and listen carefully, you can hear Tavares packing.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I wish he worked off 100% commission. Then we'd see how funny it would be and how motivated he would be to relay the message up the ladder.
Oh I'm sure he does. Well maybe not 100% but these types of jobs typically have a minuscule base salary.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
What did Weight mean by his 8 points comment? Something like 'doesn’t matter if we get the 8 points now or later'. Do they think 8 more points would be enough to make the playoffs?

:dunno:
LOL. That would explain his strategy!

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
What's sad is Vegas built a strong playoff team in 1 night and Garth has had 12 years and not even come close. And he's had plenty of 1st rounders to do it.
Haha, sad but true.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
What's sad is Vegas built a strong playoff team in 1 night and Garth has had 12 years and not even come close. And he's had plenty of 1st rounders to do it.
As much as Vegas is a feel-good story this year, I'm a little bummed that an expansion team can immediately dominate the league. Kind of cheapens it a bit. Parity run amok in my opinion.

Reminds me of Greece winning Euro 2004. They accomplished nothing prior (or since) that tournament but for those few weeks were able to implement an incredibly effective (and excruciatingly boring) system that coupled with a bunch of luck was enough to knock off the top teams.

Not saying Vegas is boring (and obviously they have a long way to go to win it all) but I just prefer the TOP teams to be truly world class. To slowly emerge as contenders and solidify their spot as one of the best. Not flash-in-the-pan rejects.

Reactions: IslesFanatic

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
McPhee was in an advisory role to Snow when we last made the playoffs. Everyone said he was clueless and Vegas would never be any good with him as the GM.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
You forgot to note that the teams behind us have a lot of games in hand too. We could easily finish bottom 6 overall in the League if our goals against don't shrink significantly.

We deserve to be a bottom team. This team for the last 2 -3 months has been terrible. We’ve now been beaten by BUF and ARI. I don’t see this team winning too many games finishing off the season unless something changes. Giving up 40 shots a night is not sustainable. Especially when 1 of your goalies is Greiss.

I think Garth missed his moment in time. Too busy playing for tomorrow and never enough focus on winning. This group had their chance.

If I’m Ledecky I’m firing Garth and bringing in an interim GM to sell everything for picks/prospects (except for the obvious few). Fire everyone else in the summer.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
It's too late. They wanted an answer from us in January and now we're on the hook.
I told him in January I wasn’t renewing until we get an answer from JT and they give a definitive answer in the arena. Last night he told me they extended the renewal period now.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I told him in January I wasn’t renewing until we get an answer from JT and they give a definitive answer in the arena. Last night he told me they extended the renewal period now.
They'll end up extending it until August at this point. They'll be desperate to get anybody to buy season tix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad