OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Ed and I will go down to the wire, and I'm killing myself for (again) f***ing up with the auto roster setting. I picked up Trevor Moore earlier in the week with the intent of playing him that night and he got left out of the lineup, when he scored 11 points. I know it's my fault but God f***ing damnit that's frustrating.

I missed a full day as well and had like 6 of my guys on the bench and 6 guys who weren’t in action in the lineup. Cost me a good 30 points easily.

Reactions: nyr2k2

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I missed a full day as well and had like 6 of my guys on the bench and 6 guys who weren’t in action in the lineup. Cost me a good 30 points easily.
Yeah man, f***ing sucks. I've played in dozens of Yahoo football leagues and never had the issue. IDK what it is. Again--boils down to user error, if I checked before the games every night I could avoid it I guess; just seems like something I shouldn't have to do.

Reactions: LokiDog

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Ed and I will go down to the wire, and I'm killing myself for (again) f***ing up with the auto roster setting. I picked up Trevor Moore earlier in the week with the intent of playing him that night and he got left out of the lineup, when he scored 11 points. I know it's my fault but God f***ing damnit that's frustrating.
I thought you were being too complimentary of me as I was down like 50? pts, and the projection still had you with quite a comfy lead. But I somehow pulled it off :P

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Do we have official keeper rules yet? Cuz I've been making trades assuming I can keep players lol

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I thought you were being too complimentary of me as I was down like 50? pts, and the projection still had you with quite a comfy lead. But I somehow pulled it off :P
Yeah, it was funny because the Rangers game was huge with you having Quick. When we tied it and went to OT, Quick picked up another 1.2 points on OT saves and then 4 more with the W. At that point I knew I was in trouble because all I had was Hertl. And then Radko f***ing Gudas of all people scores the dumbest f***ing goal you'll ever see, and that was that. :laugh:

So in the end, the roster issue is what sunk me. I take ownership of that, though, because I know how stupid the system is when you use the auto lineup setting. You deserved the win, your last minute moves for Gudas and Quick pushed you over the top.

Despite being 2-3 I have the second-most point total by a good margin, so I figure it will even out over the course of the season. Hoping having Vasilevskiy back soon will help stabilize my G situation, although honestly TB kind of looks like ass so who knows.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
The future is now!

With all loving respect, you forgot the part that applies to you:

IMG_6572.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I really hate the schedule. I understand this week is American Thanksgiving and that makes things weird (I guess?) but I feel like this is every week now where there are one or two days where absolutely no one plays and then two days where every f***ing team plays. I have 5 or 6 guys who only have 2 games this week, and it's hard to make up the gap using streamers without dropping guys you otherwise want to keep.

EDIT: Meaning there are guys out there who you could maybe add to give you a game Monday, Saturday, and Sunday, but to grab one I'd have to drop some other guy who was playing on Tuesday and Thursday so I only net one game and lose a guy I actually want. Makes me want to generally just ride with what I have this week and hope I get lucky, rather than dismantling my depth.

Reactions: Cmox and Ail

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I really hate the schedule. I understand this week is American Thanksgiving and that makes things weird (I guess?) but I feel like this is every week now where there are one or two days where absolutely no one plays and then two days where every f***ing team plays. I have 5 or 6 guys who only have 2 games this week, and it's hard to make up the gap using streamers without dropping guys you otherwise want to keep.

EDIT: Meaning there are guys out there who you could maybe add to give you a game Monday, Saturday, and Sunday, but to grab one I'd have to drop some other guy who was playing on Tuesday and Thursday so I only net one game and lose a guy I actually want. Makes me want to generally just ride with what I have this week and hope I get lucky, rather than dismantling my depth.
The entire season has been like this. Usually it's been a full schedule on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays, one or two games the other 4 days. I either have everyone playing & my bench full or just one or two guys playing. I basically stopped checking the waiver wire unless someone gets hurt.

Reactions: nyr2k2 and Ail

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky

I just went through this for the past hour lol. Also I don't think anyone plays Mon, Sat and Sun unless my research was shoddy because I was doing calculus trying to fill out those 3 days. Riding it out versus dropping is def the move.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The entire season has been like this. Usually it's been a full schedule on Tuesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays, one or two games the other 4 days. I either have everyone playing & my bench full or just one or two guys playing. I basically stopped checking the waiver wire unless someone gets hurt.
Yeah I have generally good roster flexibility with my forwards and yet I've still had several times where I've had to bench Ovechkin and DeBrincat or whatever because 28 teams were playing

I can tell you from fantasy football I usually have one of the best rosters but consistently make the worst sit/start decisions around so I like not having to make those choices. :laugh:

Reactions: Ail

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I just went through this for the past hour lol. Also I don't think anyone plays Mon, Sat and Sun unless my research was shoddy because I was doing calculus trying to fill out those 3 days. Riding it out versus dropping is def the move.
No you're right I misspoke, no one plays all those days. It's just a nightmare this week. I spent 90 minutes on the train ride to work including hand writing a schedule of my players and still only could come up with one move, and that was really only because I had a jag on my roster that I could replace with essentially anyone.

Reactions: Ail

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Stu Skinner was utter garbage so I dropped him. Then he played three good games in a row and I thought with a new coach, perfect time to pick him back up. Gives me -11 points over 2 starts. I drop him this morning, and now he's headed for a shutout. :laugh:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Last week I had 5 Rangers only playing one game. Coached my ass off but still lost.

You can’t knit smoke.
You can stand a few losses yet. I guess the squeak in and win approach didn't resonate with you last season since you decided to go on a 6 week heater instead. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad