OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Just to add on to what Ail said regarding lineups. I think it's been mentioned before but:

Guys keep in mind when you autoset your lines it doesn't put your best players in. It just fills the lineups. If you don't check daily you can end up with some of your best players on the bench. Also reset your lines after you add a player or trade. Even if you set them before it will reset.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Are we 100% for sure doing some kind of keeper, is there an actual plan in place? I'm playing cautiously under the assumption it won't happen and I would like to know we definitely are before we start allowing top teams to cannibalize bottom feeders with imaginary picks. Also we should do a wellness check at the 50% mark for team who are close to the bottom. I've seen a few questionable line-up decisions (not set) and prefer the league stay competitive right to the end. We can canvass for replacement GMs if someone just doesn't have the time or care to finish it out.

On a another note, I need a D and a G, everyone but Nylander/Eichel are available.
Of course we're doing a keeper, I have McJesus.

Reactions: Ail

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Just to add on to what Ail said regarding lineups. I think it's been mentioned before but:

Guys keep in mind when you autoset your lines it doesn't put your best players in. It just fills the lineups. If you don't check daily you can end up with some of your best players on the bench. Also reset your lines after you add a player or trade. Even if you set them before it will reset.
Yeah that "feature" is secretly awful, LOL. It great if you're out at dinner and realize at 6:55 you haven't set your lineup and just need to make sure you have all slots filled. Otherwise, you can't really rely on it. I do it Monday morning and then tweak each day, and then of course check each new day as well.

To what @Ail said, unless we firmly establish a keeper setup for future seasons, I will vote against any "fire sale" type trades. And the welfare check is a good idea, too. I've had a couple games with people who have missed a day here or there in setting lineups, but if that increases as their chances decrease, I'd like to address it.

I'm open to moving just about anyone on my roster at this point. I will say one thing I can't do is take back a guy who only has C eligiblity because I have three of them already, so unless you're taking Trocheck, Tavares, or Hertl, I need someone that can also line up at wing.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Are we 100% for sure doing some kind of keeper, is there an actual plan in place? I'm playing cautiously under the assumption it won't happen and I would like to know we definitely are before we start allowing top teams to cannibalize bottom feeders with imaginary picks. Also we should do a wellness check at the 50% mark for team who are close to the bottom. I've seen a few questionable line-up decisions (not set) and prefer the league stay competitive right to the end. We can canvass for replacement GMs if someone just doesn't have the time or care to finish it out.

On an another note, I need a D and a G, everyone but Nylander/Eichel are available.
Late in our game this week, Clayton Keller was awarded as assist on the Coyotes goal to tie the game. I was pumped. Unfortunately, they took that assist down. Your team then scored a couple of more points. Congratulations on a great win.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Late in our game this week, Clayton Keller was awarded as assist on the Coyotes goal to tie the game. I was pumped. Unfortunately, they took that assist down. Your team then scored a couple of more points. Congratulations on a great win.
Haha dude, I was stat watching all night on NHL.com and when I saw the Yotes get the late PP I was like NO WTF NOOOOOO! Even worse when I saw the goal scored and Keller get the A, we were deadlocked at 282.60. I was 100% sure the way the Rangers game ended that it was fate you were going to win. I got lucky, awesome match-up.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Haha dude, I was stat watching all night on NHL.com and when I saw the Yotes get the late PP I was like NO WTF NOOOOOO! Even worse when I saw the goal scored and Keller get the A, we were deadlocked at 282.60. I was 100% sure the way the Rangers game ended that it was fate you were going to win. I got lucky, awesome match-up.
Fantasy Game of the season so far.

I was watching the game and was pretty sure the scoring would be changed. And so it goes…

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I spent all day laboring over whether I should drop someone to pick up Daccord who was getting the start against Anaheim, and play him instead of Ingram against Colorado. I decided against it and the difference was like 16 points in favor of Daccord which of course would have been the difference for me. :laugh: Such is the life of a fantasy manager.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
First rule of fantasy: You set your daily lineup when taking your morning shit.

This is a keeper league. The bottom feeders should be actively shopping their guys for futures once they hit that realization that they won’t make the playoffs.

League commissioner should have an excel sheet keeping track of trades.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Ilya Samsonov getting waived had me laughing:
Screenshot 2023-12-31 141707.png

I had a pretty terrible draft in hindsight, if not for some great waiver claims I would be dead last or close to it. It still may ultimately cost me the season in the end.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Still fishing for trades on Tkachuk and a RW not Nylander for D(PP1) and G (starter) willing to do 3 (Tkachuk, JAM, D or LW) for 2 (G, D) if the 2 are valuable enough.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Ilya Samsonov getting waived had me laughing:
View attachment 793371

I had a pretty terrible draft in hindsight, if not for some great waiver claims I would be dead last or close to it. It still may ultimately cost me the season in the end.
I think there were like, 10 goalies that went in the first 5 rounds if I recall correctly. I went with Gustavsson but I was very close to picking Samsonov a few picks before you. I don't think anyone expected this from him this season. Wooooof.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I think there were like, 10 goalies that went in the first 5 rounds if I recall correctly. I went with Gustavsson but I was very close to picking Samsonov a few picks before you. I don't think anyone expected this from him this season. Wooooof.
Yeah I had him last season and he was pretty good in most starts, and I hoped he would run with the Toronto starting job opportunity this season. Thankfully Bob has been solid in Florida.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I took Vasilevskiy very early. Obviously the injury and Tampa playing like crap haven't helped but he has been mediocre. I also picked Stuart Skinner and gave up on him after a few terrible weeks.

I wanted to keep Daccord but it wasn't to be, Ail sbat he'd him in the middle of the night before I could grab him back this morning.

Seems like a generally crappy year for goalies.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Sorry about that lol, Lindgren got hurt and I figured this was safer than whomever they call up.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Sorry about that lol, Lindgren got hurt and I figured this was safer than whomever they call up.
Ah no worries man was a fair maneuver for sure. I dropped him for Kadri thinking my game might come down to the wire--and of course I ended up winning by 50. But after last week where I labored over adding Daccord, didn't, and that cost me the week, I wasn't taking any chances. :laugh:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I tried to add Quickie and get him in my lineup under the gun, but was too late. :laugh: Typical nyr2k2 fail.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I have had horrendous luck:

Jack Hughes - O
Kirill Kaprizov - IR
Miro Heiskanen - O
Mikhail Sergachev - IR-LT
Timo Meier - IR
Adin Hill - IR
Alex Ovechkin - DTD
Trevor Zegras - O

:laugh:
Yikes. Hard to stay competitive with that many guys out.

Kaprizov is a guy moving forward I'd be concerned about in actuality. He hasn't been nearly the same player since getting hurt last year. Meier has been a complete slug since the trade. f*** that guy.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Yikes. Hard to stay competitive with that many guys out.

Kaprizov is a guy moving forward I'd be concerned about in actuality. He hasn't been nearly the same player since getting hurt last year. Meier has been a complete slug since the trade. f*** that guy.
Definitely should've trusted my better judgement, I watched a couple YouTube videos of "fantasy experts" talking about how Meier is like the best player in all of fantasy lmao. I always thought he was overrated, didn't want him when he became available at that trade deadline and thought he was absolutely invisible in that New Jersey series

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I've had pretty good injury luck, although I did have the mini-catastrophe with Vasilevskiy shortly after the draft. That really f***ed up my goalie situation and made me desperate--led me to do things like giving up on Skinner too soon and more recently letting Daccord go because I was trying desperately to win a matchup one Sunday.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
My week from hell…

Tuesday I forgot to reset my lineup after I made a roster change.

Tonight I get to the TV right at game time but too late to replace Mika with Kyrou.

Oy.
Well the good news is 2-8 is pretty tight and losing one week won't really hurt. Aside from BZ no one is really running away with anything so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad