OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Great first week boys! 5 of the 6 opening matches coming down to the buzzer.

@nyr2k2 needs a huge 3rd period from recent pick up Jacob Slavin to pull out a come from behind win over @UAGoalieGuy

@EdJovanovski needs 3rd period help from Terry & Zegras to stun @bobbop

Unless Orlov has a monster 3rd period @Ail is barely gonna hold off @Taluss

Yours truly just clinched a really tight battle with @DialUp Brady's monster week wasn't enough.

The shocker of the week has to be @Cmox coming back to nip @Kupo at the wire

This is shaping up to be a really fun season.
Too close for week one, I crapped 'em 3 times and ran out of clean underwear. Horrible night.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Shesterkin and Kreider are on the move, along with Hampus Lindholm, in exchange for Dahlin, Barzal and Swayman.

The L Dog’s strengthen their defense and get a bit younger in the keeper league, but sacrifice a top tier goalie and some offensive punch. We now hope that a younger trio of Swayman, Hart and Vejmelka can hold down the fort long term.

• Wow
Reactions: EdJovanovski

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I thought we were voting on trades this season. Edit...I just saw the email.

I can't make heads or tails of this one from Loki's side. :dunno:

Goalies don’t carry that much weight compared to other positions. Dahlin’s 600+ annual points on D is worth more to me. Shesterkin is projected for 440ish but Vejmelka and Hart are both good young starters that started the season strong and have good upside. Dahlin is a big upgrade for the D I have.

Edit: If I didn’t have 3 goalies, and the foresight to not hate Hart for being a Flyer or think Vejmelka sucks because he’s on AZ… but I do and I can sell Shesty for a Norris candidate.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Goalies don’t carry that much weight compared to other positions. Dahlin’s 600+ annual points on D is worth more to me. Shesterkin is projected for 440ish but Vejmelka and Hart are both good young starters that started the season strong and have good upside. Dahlin is a big upgrade for the D I have.
I had Dahlin last year & I really like him, but I feel like you're giving up a lot to get him. Ballsy move, though.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Shesterkin and Kreider are on the move, along with Hampus Lindholm, in exchange for Dahlin, Barzal and Swayman.

The L Dog’s strengthen their defense and get a bit younger in the keeper league, but sacrifice a top tier goalie and some offensive punch. We now hope that a younger trio of Swayman, Hart and Vejmelka can hold down the fort long term.
At my age, I’m not really concerned about keepers. I really needEd another left wing and I’ll never turn down a chance to get a Vezina winner.

Value for value trade.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I hope we're able to add a couple players to the league in the future. It feels like everyone ranges from "sort of stacked" to "completely stacked." Right now 9 of 12 players are expected to eclipse 300 points and I'm projected for 380+ but only a 20 point victory. Feels like an 8-man fantasy football league. :laugh:

Reactions: LokiDog

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
I hope we're able to add a couple players to the league in the future. It feels like everyone ranges from "sort of stacked" to "completely stacked." Right now 9 of 12 players are expected to eclipse 300 points and I'm projected for 380+ but only a 20 point victory. Feels like an 8-man fantasy football league. :laugh:
Yeah I like when people are dredging through the bottom of the rosters hoping for that one gem who has an outlier season or gambling on prospects who might end up back in juniors/minors. Stacked is fun but it basically boils down to how many of your elite players are consistent or on a heater in the same week.

I'm not trading McDavid. Ed lowballed the shit out of me so I countered him with an equally ludicrous offer.
NO way! Not Ed, he would never!

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Will consider moving a D for a multi-position W or C. Toews is my preferred target but offers for all D open for the right candidate.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I like when people are dredging through the bottom of the rosters hoping for that one gem who has an outlier season or gambling on prospects who might end up back in juniors/minors. Stacked is fun but it basically boils down to how many of your elite players are consistent or on a heater in the same week.

NO way! Not Ed, he would never!
Yeah I had a lot of fun last year riding guys like Domi, Tippett, Laughton, Dillon, etc. And 30 different goalies throughout the season.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
This is what happens when you want to change from Ed’s rules
Also I have no idea why, but PIM has not shown up as a category even though I selected it to be one and we had voted on it to be one. I certainly drafted with PIM in mind

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Reminder for those using the app, that if you add a player it can/does randomly change your lineup and you'll need to make sure everything is right after the fact.

I added Copp last night, and for some reason it moved Hanifin out of my lineup and to the bench for today. It ended up not really mattering but worth keeping in mind. I remember this happening to me last year as well.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Reminder for those using the app, that if you add a player it can/does randomly change your lineup and you'll need to make sure everything is right after the fact.

I added Copp last night, and for some reason it moved Hanifin out of my lineup and to the bench for today. It ended up not really mattering but worth keeping in mind. I remember this happening to me last year as well.
Yep. I Learned that the hard way

Tuch + Forsling for a better D

Does the dman just have to be slightly better then Forsling? :sarcasm:

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Pennsyltucky
Is Detroit this year's Buffalo? f*** can they score. Eichel/Wee Willy and my defense prob the only reason I'm not dead last right now. Skinner/Tkachuk killing me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad