OT: 3rd Annual Free HFNYR Yahoo Fantasy League

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
C MacKinnon
C Necas
LW Connor
LW Huberdeau
RW Marner
RW Boldy

D Jones
D Power
D Sandin
D Valimaki

G Hellebuyck
G Fleury

Bench:
C Cozens
C Beniers
RW Marchessault
LW Kuzmenko

Feeling very good about my forwards, cautiously optimistic on the D and good enough on goalies. Open to wheel and deal secondary pieces based on the return.

Reactions: DialUp

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
good thing I just checked this thread now. I had some house stuff to take care of and totally neglected this thread. On to the Connor Beard experiment.
You’re the reason why I wanted this league to be a 5k entry league where errrrybody gets paid, but that 1 guy.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Stutzle
Thompson
RNH (damn autodraft)
Bratt
Giroux
Mercer

Ek
Mcavoy
Nurse
Theodore

Bench:
Suzuki
Fantilli
Raymond
Orlov

Goalies: (ouch)

Andersen
Thompson

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I loathe my team. It felt like the 2-3 guys I was targeting a few picks before mine got picked up. Every. Single. f***ing. Time. Somehow each and every time.

f*** the 11th OA pick.

C).Point
C).Buch/Thomas
LW). Marchand
LW). Benn/Forsberg/Ehlers
RW). Kucherov
RW). Pavelski
D). Morrissey
D). Doughty
D). Ekblad
D). Letang
G). Sorokin
G). Gustavsson
G). Markstrom

First round playoff loss. I should just start selling now and loading up for next years draft.

• Haha
Reactions: EdJovanovski

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I loathe my team. It felt like the 2-3 guys I was targeting a few picks before mine got picked up. Every. Single. f***ing. Time. Somehow each and every time.

f*** the 11th OA pick.

C).Point
C).Buch/Thomas
LW). Marchand
LW). Benn/Forsberg/Ehlers
RW). Kucherov
RW). Pavelski
D). Morrissey
D). Doughty
D). Ekblad
D). Letang
G). Sorokin
G). Gustavsson
G). Markstrom

First round playoff loss. I should just start selling now and loading up for next years draft.

That still seems like a pretty solid team

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That still seems like a pretty solid team
1st round exit at best. But thank you.
oh.gif

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Dunn and Vanecek were the two that went right before me that I had targeted. I ended up with Carlson and Skinner.

I had every intention of taking Crosby but Ail smartly grabbed him a few picks before me. I was going to do the same with Malkin much later, but again, same thing.

Last edited:

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Dunn and Vanecek were the two that went right before me that I had targeted. I ended up with Carlson and Skinner.

I had every intention of taking Crosby but Ail smartly grabbed him a few picks before me. I was going to do the same with Malkin much later, but again, same thing.
Dunn could fall back to earth & Carlsson could have bounce back year. When I was on the clock I was really struggling between those two.

Couldn't believe @EdJovanovski took Schmid with Vanacek sitting there.

Some other late rounders that could be steals include...

Matt Barzal in Round 12 by @bobbop
Logan Cooley in the 14th round by @LokiDog
Filip Forsberg the following pick by @Kupo
Robert Thomas in the 15th again by Kupo

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Dunn could fall back to earth & Carlsson could have bounce back year. When I was on the clock I was really struggling between those two.

Hopefully getting Cooley late is a coup in future seasons and he turns into a full blown top C early. Giving up that pick in future drafts is a no brainer if he becomes an impact player.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

200w.gif

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’ve got Shesty along with Vejmelka and Hart. I didn’t mean to draft Hart. Vejmelka is underrated and AZ should look better this year. Could see him being sneaky good.

Reactions: Ail

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hopefully getting Cooley late is a coup in future seasons and he turns into a full blown top C early. Giving up that pick in future drafts is a no brainer if he becomes an impact player.
I wanted to draft Cooley but when I looked him up I saw he was taken. I have to be honest, I don't follow the league the way I used to, so while I know who the prospects are, I don't really know who is going to make it this year from the past few classes (outside a few guys). Combine that with my general inexperience with keeper leagues and I figured I'd just stick with guys who were already here.

Reactions: LokiDog and Ail

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Any idea when IR+ (or regular IR if we have it) opens up? With Vasilevskiy going down, which f***ing sucks by the way, I'm basically down a roster spot until I can move him onto IR.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out, I'm just a moron. Still sucks though, on IR+ it occupies a roster spot so I still basically have a three man bench. Like putting him on IR+ doesn't actually open a roster spot for me which seems pretty pointless. Is that how IR+ is intended to work? I forget.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Any idea when IR+ (or regular IR if we have it) opens up? With Vasilevskiy going down, which f***ing sucks by the way, I'm basically down a roster spot until I can move him onto IR.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out, I'm just a moron. Still sucks though, on IR+ it occupies a roster spot so I still basically have a three man bench. Like putting him on IR+ doesn't actually open a roster spot for me which seems pretty pointless. Is that how IR+ is intended to work? I forget.

Going on IR+ should open you a roster spot

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Going on IR+ should open you a roster spot
Right? Because otherwise what would be the point?

Here you can see I have three guys on my bench and Vasilevskiy on IR+:

Screenshot_20230929_080155_Yahoo Fantasy.png

So that's cool, although I do notice it says I haven't added a player this week which would not be correct unless "this week" is maybe considered the start of the season.

Anyway, when I try to put in a waiver claim on a guy, Hertl in this example, it still wants me to drop a player. So it's not understanding I should have an opening:

Screenshot_20230929_080250_Yahoo Fantasy.png

I'm hopeful this just clears itself up soon but it annoys me that I'm prevented from rostering a full team even for a short time, particularly given how tenuous my goaltending situation is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad