Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I really think his issue is that he over thinks things and doesn't play instinctively...
Especially when behind, tries to make a tricky play, which usually leads to a turnover
Needs to settle down and let the game happen and just react and play naturally
Again, Zadorov should be of significant assistance relative to these issues.

Reactions: Gordoff

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
So if coming in the top 5 doesn’t make you a serious contender does that mean the bruins haven’t been serious cup contenders since 2018 since they haven’t finished in the top 3 of the league?
Terrible comparison. He wasnt a serious contender by the numbers. This is why the level of discourse is in the gutter. Just a disingenuous post. Nothing to do with standings or team records.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I would say most hockey people would consider your post dumber than mine.

I watch more than a few Rangers games each season. Living in Connecticut its easy to see lots of the games and coverage of the team.

Adam Fox has played 5 NHL seasons. He's finished 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th in Norris voting in the last 4. Compare that to McAvoy's one 4th and one 5th place finish.

Over his career, Fox has 308 takeaways, 262 giveaways. Soft, one-dimensional offensive defensemen don't have more takeaways than giveaways. McAvoy, on the other hand, has only 194 takeaways and 377 giveaways. So, to summarize, Charlie takes the puck away from opponents far less and gives it away far more than Fox. And in the playoffs the numbers tell the same story.

As far as Charlie's not being a top 25 last season, that's what the numbers showed.
Im sure the stat guys at Madison are pumping up those numbers, he's probable Leeds the team in hits as well.

Charlie kills plays at the blue line fyi,

You can have Fox I will keep Charlie thank you very much.

End of story

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So if coming in the top 5 doesn’t make you a serious contender does that mean the bruins haven’t been serious cup contenders since 2018 since they haven’t finished in the top 3 of the league?

One has nothing to do with other.

Besides, they came within a single game of winning the Cup in 2019, no?

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
One has nothing to do with other.

Besides, they came within a single game of winning the Cup in 2019, no?

Well yea the 2018-2019 season is what I was implying.

Just interesting how a top 5 defender out of 200 isn’t considered a contender for top defenseman of the year but I would guarantee you would say the bruins being no better than 7th best out of 32 teams the past few years in a cup run is a contender for the cup

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Well yea the 2018-2019 season is what I was implying.

Just interesting how a top 5 defender out of 200 isn’t considered a contender for top defenseman of the year but I would guarantee you would say the bruins being no better than 7th best out of 32 teams the past few years in a cup run is a contender for the cup

Like I said, one has nothing to do with the other.

You're comparing apples to zebras.

Reactions: PaulD

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Im sure the stat guys at Madison are pumping up those numbers, he's probable Leeds the team in hits as well.

Charlie kills plays at the blue line fyi,

You can have Fox I will keep Charlie thank you very much.

End of story
Both phenomenal dmen who will probably alternate on who is "better" every year.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Will get into this in detail on tonight's pod at 630. Link to follow for those interested

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Will get into this in detail on tonight's pod at 630. Link to follow for those interested

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
Zacha/Lindholm/Pasta
Marchand/Poitras/Brazeau
Frederic/Coyle/Geekie
Jones/Beecher/Kastelic

Zadarov/Chuck
Hampus/Brando
Brent Burns prototype/Peeke
Withers from BG3

Sway
Korpussel
This is the best lineup I’ve seen so far. The only issue is Brazzeau couldn’t crack the AHL as a regular, but he’s now on line 2? I’m hopeful, but I’m afraid we are suddenly going to say “ Oh, that’s why he was where he was.” I liked what he brought last year and hope he builds from there.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
This is the best lineup I’ve seen so far. The only issue is Brazzeau couldn’t crack the AHL as a regular, but he’s now on line 2? I’m hopeful, but I’m afraid we are suddenly going to say “ Oh, that’s why he was where he was.” I liked what he brought last year and hope he builds from there.
I would give Brazeau a shot there before Lysell. If Lysell has a great preseason and Brazeau struggles you move Brazeau to the third or fourth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad