Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
You guys ready for the curveball?

They aren't clearing salary to match on Broberg. They're about to make Stauffer's dream come true and trade for Josh Anderson. Dominoes from the Laine trade.
giphy.gif

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
Im much more interested in any news about drais extension, broberg holloway and ceci are side pieces that are pretty insignificant, we need to keep our stars if we want to be contenders going forward

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

They aren't clearing salary to match on Broberg. They're about to make Stauffer's dream come true and trade for Josh Anderson. Dominoes from the Laine trade.
A curveball into the nuts that would.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
if they dont match Broberg I would assume a trade would materialize shortly after, probably using the picks we get as compensation from St Louis. Maybe some kind of handshake deal already in place. Will be an interesting day tomorrow regardless

Reactions: McTonyBrar

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I hate their fanbase with a passion, but Montreal's trades over the past few seasons have been spectacular. That is how you rebuild and have fun doing it.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
Emberson might be why the management group hesitated on bringing in a guy like Lindstrom. His fancy stats aren't quite as nice but still hint at a kid who has more to give. For one, he was the only Sharks D with over 20 GP besides Addison to allow less goals than expected, and his on-ice SV% led the team (by a tiny margin but still a positive). He also had a pittance of o-zone starts.

He's worth a deeper look on his own, and when you consider he's tracking to be the #3 RD for a third the price of Ceci (who should've been in that spot all along) or half of what VD would have cost us, and I can't be mad at it.

Our bottom six/bottom four look like this if the offer sheets aren't matched, which I still hope is the case:

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
Podkolzin-Ryan-Perry
Savoie, Lavoie, Hamblin

Nurse-???
Kulak-Emberson
Stecher, Brown

You find a better partner stylistically for Nurse with the STL picks and let the fourth line fight it out for a spot every practice with the kids, and I'm bullish going into the season with that group. It just takes one or two of the kids to break out and you've got a great bottom half of the roster even before Kane inevitably returns from LTIR and we make an add at the deadline.

Reactions: McDrai

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
If Broberg isn't matched I really hope there's other moves in the pipeline because that defense is Mike Ricci ugly.

I get the sense we sign one of Schultz or Barrie regardless.

We can't rely on Broberg's, what, 12 total regular season games last year as a regular top-4 dman on his off-side and Stetcher's never been a top-4 dman.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

No its time for Colton Parayko

I get the sense we sign one of Schultz or Barrie regardless.

We can't rely on Broberg's, what, 12 total regular season games last year as a regular top-4 dman on his off-side and Stetcher's never been a top-4 dman.
This isn't the OBC anymore. I wouldn't expect that to be honest.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Yeah I wouldn't count on Bowman and Armstrong speaking on the phone for a while...

This isn't the OBC anymore. I wouldn't expect that to be honest.

I don't think anyone is still around in the front office from Schultz's tenure and Barrie is certainly a possibility after bringing in McDavid's other buddy Connor Brown.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Montreal would be one of the worst places to rebound as a player. Good luck to Laine
This was my thought as well, but they won't be contending much, so maybe the overall pressure will be lower.

Damn that would be gross.

Reactions: McDrai

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Why is Bob hinting that Emberson and Podkolzin are our replacements?

Sorry lol but I'd rather have Ceci as our 4th defenceman over Emberson.

If this is our plan, that is NO Cup winning defence.

Before anyone says, we wait till the deadline, what assets do we have left? Especially if we let Holloway and Broberg go?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Before anyone says, we wait till the deadline, what assets do we have left? Especially if we let Holloway and Broberg go?
I'd rather have the $2.3M cap space Emberson brings.

They've got plenty of assets. You don't need top prospects to bring in rentals at the deadline.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Bob is usually in tune with what the Oilers are doing. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t match on both players

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Depends I do think you try and leverage Armstrong into Parayko.

We let them get the two players but they trade us Parayko for something of reasonable value to wash Broberg and Holloway.

So Parayko 2nd 3rd

Broberg Holloway Pick

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

We can't let Broberg go. Even those baboon on Florida know he's a top 4 defender

I'd rather have the $2.3M cap space Emberson brings.

They've got plenty of assets. You don't need top prospects to bring in rentals at the deadline.
what assets lol? We have two picks left in 2025. The more we go back in years picks wise, the less value they have

Bob is usually in tune with what the Oilers are doing. Wouldn’t we surprised if we don’t match on both players
He didn't see these two trades coming though. I hope Bob isn't right. Losing two players that were top 10 picks for a pair of picks is terrible asset management.

Reactions: capazzo

North

Jun 25, 2009

We can't let Broberg go. Even those baboon on Florida know he's a top 4 defender

what assets lol? We have two picks left in 2025. The more we go back in years picks wise, the less value they have

He didn't see these two trades coming though. I hope Bob isn't right. Losing two players that were top 10 picks for a pair of picks is terrible asset management.
Well we would have the second and the third if we don’t match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad