Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I thought I read today that his relationship with Trotz soured right after they signed Saros to the 8 year extension.
I think those first two days of July just soured the kid all together. One can probably work around the Saros signing, but signing a vet NHL backup blocked the kid completely this year.

At least with Saros only being there you'll still get some playing time to develop, but they pretty much took any NHL development away from the kid for this year and maybe next.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think it’s highly unlikely our D takes a step back by losing Cody friggin Ceci. It could even be addition by subtraction. But even if our D takes a step back, I fully expect our offence to uptick back to best in the League type level with our much needed sniper/winger additions.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Laine whined himself to Montreal. Good deal for the Habs, hate the player, hope he fails. Actually if Habs fans can revive the whole Laine vs Matthews debate again, then I’ll be okay if he succeeds. For the lolz.

Reactions: McDoused

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I think it’s highly unlikely our D takes a step back by losing Cody friggin Ceci. It could even be addition by subtraction. But even if our D takes a step back, I fully expect our offence to uptick back to best in the League type level with our much needed sniper/winger additions.
I dont think its that cut and dry, Its not just losing Ceci, Broberg HAS to step up, if he doesn’t its a major blow. He has to show that can play a lot of minutes for a lot of games and he hasn’t shown that in the NHL or the AHL. Our D is significantly worse than it was last year, we will miss VD and Ceci. People want us to trade Kulak as well? Our D the is weakest it’s been since Holland took over and so many people are just hand waving it away because they are blinded by the offersheets. One injury on D and we are in the tank. We have an abundance of 7th D men but that’s it. Heck even an injury on F could really hurt us. We have no depth outside the roster. We will likely have to run a 20 man roster…This is scary, everything has to go right for us to get a sniff of the finals. I love Skinner but what if he has an average year?

This roster is even more of glass cannon now, and it was a glass canon last year too, and be honest, who was happy with our D core last year? It’s worse now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Nice deal for them, hopefully he finds some traction there. I wonder how the fans will treat him.
Depends how he plays IMO. Even though they are still transitioning that market is pretty tough to play in when things aren't going right, especially when you are the highest paid player on the club.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I dont think its that cut and dry, Its not just losing Ceci, Broberg HAS to step up, if he doesn’t its a major blow. He has to show that can play a lot of minutes for a lot of games and he hasn’t shown that in the NHL or the AHL. Our D is significantly worse than it was last year, we will miss VD and Ceci. People want us to trade Kulak as well? Our D the is weakest it’s been since Holland took over and so many people are just hand waving it away because they are blinded by the offersheets. One injury on D and we are in the tank. We have an abundance of 7th D men but that’s it. Heck even an injury on F could really hurt us. We have no depth outside the roster. We will likely have to run a 20 man roster…This is scary, everything has to go right for us to get a sniff of the finals. I love Skinner but what if he has an average year?

This roster is even more of glass cannon now, and it was a glass canon last year too, and be honest, who was happy with our D core last year? It’s worse now.
I don't like our d corps, but I didn't like them last year at the deadline.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - UFA
Broberg - Emberton

I like Emberton from what I know. He had good stats on a god awful Sharks team and a couple years back was defensive dman of the year in the AHL.

TY EMBERSON NAMED AHL EAST’S BEST DEFENSIVE DEFENSEMAN IN PHPA PLAYER-VOTED AWARDS | Hartford Wolf Pack

The problem would be finding a 2nd pair RHD. I would have no problem with Kulak on the team but if we are going to put Broberg on the left side, then there is no room for him.

Reactions: McSuper

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

I think you underestimating Knob defence. Which is a 5 man defence that relies on the system and all 5 guys playing their role. I think individual defenceman skill is deemphasized in a system that works like this. So as long as the team continues to buy in to Knob hockey I don’t think too much damage can be done with potential downgrades on D.

I worried about Brobergs ability to avoid hits and therefore injury. That would be my only concern. But in terms of play, I think he should be able to replace Ceci.

I hated losing VD, I think that’s more of a significant loss than most on here thought. But at the end of the day he’s a 3rd pair defenceman, and we have Emberson, Stetcher, and Brown as hopefuls to replace him. Decent bet that it happens.

Every season will have some risks and what ifs associated with it. But the core of this team is still here that drives results and you could argue we’ve made upgrades in other areas outside of D. I get the concern, but personally I’m not that concerned.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
1724100846256.jpeg

Lol

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Depends how he plays IMO. Even though they are still transitioning that market is pretty tough to play in when things aren't going right, especially when you are the highest paid player on the club.
Sure, but don't make him a center and give him support, he'll probably fine. I suspect he doesn't finish the year in Montreal though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad