Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Pretty telling Sprong isnt signed. How much of a dick to you have to be to get no interest.
He’s either overvaluing himself or word has got around he’s just not worth it. He’s awful defensively granted but has real skills in a league where you need goals. He’s almost a perfect match for the Bruins 2RW but he’s never played top 6, would probably fail to grasp the system and may not be a likable guy

Reactions: Gordoff

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Is this something that’s been said about him?
Kind of. you can google his barfight with F1 driver. he doesnt seem to stick around with teams too long and not a lot of pushback from teammates when he leaves

He’s either overvaluing himself or word has got around he’s just not worth it. He’s awful defensively granted but has real skills in a league where you need goals. He’s almost a perfect match for the Bruins 2RW but he’s never played top 6, would probably fail to grasp the system and may not be a likable guy
by talent and secondary scoring help he seems like he could help. No one seems to want him

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
I'm still holding out hope we can use a few assets from our prospect pool and maybe Geekie to go grab Necas from Carolina for our 2RW slot. Our top 6 would be very nasty with that addition.

Reactions: bbfan419

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm still holding out hope we can use a few assets from our prospect pool and maybe Geekie to go grab Necas from Carolina for our 2RW slot. Our top 6 would be very nasty with that addition.

And the 7 million dollars to sign him, where is that going to come from?

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
We don't have the cap space to make any other meaningful additions unless they are on ELCs.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Yup, google him and reputation. Besides his on ice laziness defensively there are some less than complimentary opinions and reports about him off ice and in the dressing room. Bruins are building a tough defense first club, he is the opposite of this
Dressing room? Off ice? Really?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yup, google him and reputation. Besides his on ice laziness defensively there are some less than complimentary opinions and reports about him off ice and in the dressing room. Bruins are building a tough defense first club, he is the opposite of this

He was accused of assaulting some pro race car driver. Sucker punched him and broke some teeth. Maybe he's tougher than we think. ;)

All jokes aside, just sounds like he's not a 200 ft. player and his offense isn't good enough to overlook that fact. He's a 20 goal/half-a-ppg player if he was scoring 30 and putting up 40 assists there would be a GM out there who would be fine with his lack of defensive effort. At 20g/0.5 PPG, he's not worth employing. Sure doesn't sound like the type of middle six forward Sweeney and Bruins would be interested in given their culture of strong two-way play.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm starting to wonder if they shouldn't take a page out of Cassidy's old gameplan and give the 1st line and 4th line the hardest defensive match-ups. Gives you the best bang-for-your-buck out of Lindholm certainly, both offensively and defensively. Now the two best play driving wingers are on his wing.

1st line - Marchand - Lindholm - Pastrnak

2nd and 3rd lines - A combination of Zacha, Coyle, Geekie, Frederic, Poitras, Lysell, Brazeau, Merkulov

4th line - Jones - Beecher - Kastelic
I think they try to recreate the Perfection Line but I hope they just stick Fabs with Coyle & Marchy

Bruins lineup is pretty good

I’m very proud of Donny for this

110 points probably conservative but I need to see how Potsy & Fabs look in camp

Fantastic stuff as usual

Reactions: bme44 and BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think they try to recreate the Perfection Line but I hope they just stick Fabs with Coyle & Marchy

Bruins lineup is pretty good

I’m very proud of Donny for this

110 points probably conservative but I need to see how Potsy & Fabs look in camp

Fantastic stuff as usual

I'm a Lysell fan but I'd be hesitant to pair him up with Marchand and Coyle if Monty intends to use that line as his main shutdown line like he did last year. Going up against the league's best players isn't how I would envision Lysell's NHL career starting off.

If I'm putting a rookie on their line I'd prefer it be Poitras as he seems to have more defensive chops in my limited viewings of either player.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm a Lysell fan but I'd be hesitant to pair him up with Marchand and Coyle if Monty intends to use that line as his main shutdown line like he did last year. Going up against the league's best players isn't how I would envision Lysell's NHL career starting off.

If I'm putting a rookie on their line I'd prefer it be Poitras as he seems to have more defensive chops in my limited viewings of either player.
The regular season is a time to try things and evolve and although everyone is trying to win and it’s extremely competitive- the physical component in moderate at best

I’m Dealer Donny I have to know about Lysell

McQuaid & Donny have said he just needs to play his game (ie not try to go 1 on 4 in middle of ice) and there is probably no duo in the original 32 better served then Charlie Coyle or Brad Marchand to take him under there wings

I’ll be livid if they don’t put him in a position to succeed

Many Red Sox fans wanted to trade Jarren Duran and sign Teoscar Hernandez to a 3/60 M contract

Now Bruins version I’m reading go sign Sprong and basically don’t let Lysell near team

I really like Lysell and think it would be fabulous if he is similar or better to Terevainen

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

If Lysell shows he is ready to go at the start of the year, I could see him on the line, and then maybe someone else swapping in for him in late and close game situations. It's a long regular season, plenty of time to see who can do what.

It's hard to predict what the lines will look like in October. I can't even imagine what they will look like in April

Reactions: BruinDust

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Should we be a little more worried about our top six then we are...JFresh put out a top 80 forwards chart (fan voted). Bruins had just three - Pasta, Marchand, Lindholm and to be honest I don't think Zacha and Coyle are all that close

Panthers - 5
Oilers - 4 - without Kane, Skinner, Arvidsson...holy smokes
Leafs - 4
Lightning - 3 but they're in the top 25 and a tough cut for Hagel IMO
Carolina - 4
Rangers - 4

Not going to get into names as you can probably guess who each of them are...Bruins defense and goaltending are up there with the best of them but I think this forward group has some work cut out for them.

I think it's almost a certain Lysell and Poitras make the club. They need some more talent to compete with these playoff contenders but even if they make a big impact up to the TDL, I think it's almost certain they have to add to this group

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
Someone on this website claimed that Sprong would steal visors from local public rinks. If that's true . . . . . might be another reason he doesn't fit here.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad