Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzafrylover420

Feb 5, 2020
Bargain hunting for free agents, some guys who stand out to me for decent depth depending on contract number of course.

Travis Boyd
Eric Robinson
Colin Blackwell
Victor Arvidsson
Victor Olofsson
Brandon Duhaime
Yakov Trenin
Dom Kubalik
Aube Kubel
Sprong
Noesen
Martinook

For D Alexandre Carrier

For Providence bruins/vet call ups

Glenn Gawdin

Adam Gaudette

Studenic

Not many flashy names but maybe you buy cheap on some of these depth guys and they play above expectations. A few of these guys are solid bottom 6ers with good motors/size/hitting

Reactions: Gordoff

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How would people feel about Coyle at RW?

Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle
Who centers the second line, Zacha? Then Pasta would be his RW. Seems you’d need a winger there or on first line if Coyle stays at 2C.

Debrusk would fit either spot. So, outside of a trade you are looking at Heinen Frederic and a few Providence wanna Bs.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeIsAStud

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023

Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle

Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle
Assuming this is part of a decision to have Poitras and Geekie centering their own lines, Lindholm/Steph/Monahan the other, then I’m curious what your other big acquisition is, but would honestly want to try Lysell there first.

That line could do well with a selfish shooter if that’s truly what he is. Marchand and Lindholm would provide that veteran presence to help show him the ropes, and maybe you’d be saving money depending on other signings that you could use at the deadline.

Could also be okay with this if it was because Necas was acquired and Zacha was centering him and Pasta (if necas didn’t work at center)

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston

Marchand-Lindholm-Coyle
Pretty good actually but I'm giving myself a headache trying to make that lineup work. That line needs a distributor. Coyle has more value as a center but in the top 6 he would be better on the wing. I'd rather Zacha not play center anywhere, Frederic or Geekie could center the 3rd line I guess if Poitras were higher up.

I don't think this is going to be as simple as dropping in a center. At some point they have to stop collecting pieces and start assembling them, they won't all fit. And with Korpisalo on the books I'm not sure they can fit all three of a center, wing, and D without moving contracts out.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Imagine how wild it would be if Sway was moved in a package to Edmonton for Drai 🤯
You are not the first person to say this to me as a proposal.

I think dreaming about Draisaitl is unfair for Bruins fans.

Expect bargain deals and 3rd line C being sold as top line talent. Nothing this management has ever done suggests they can trade for, or sign a top line C. Inherited Krejci and Bergeron then never replaced them or even tried to do so.

I'd HAPPILY be proven wrong by Sweeney but I don't really get my hopes up anymore with this team and his ability to get the player they need.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You are not the first person to say this to me as a proposal.

I think dreaming about Draisaitl is unfair for Bruins fans.

Expect bargain deals and 3rd line C being sold as top line talent. Nothing this management has ever done suggests they can trade for, or sign a top line C. Inherited Krejci and Bergeron then never replaced them or even tried to do so.

I'd HAPPILY be proven wrong by Sweeney but I don't really get my hopes up anymore with this team and his ability to get the player they need.
#FireSweeney

Reactions: Coach Parker

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
#FireSweeney
I've hated watching my family and friends that are Bruins fans stop watching weekly, then monthly then, 'why do you even listen to those rumours or read anything. They are not getting the replacement until after a full rebuild.'

'Jacobs wants playoff revenue then call it a transition year.'

'Hey Coach, did they sell you another 3rd liner as the saviour?' (That's from non-Bruins fans, lol)

Reactions: capecodder

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I've hated watching my family and friends that are Bruins fans stop watching weekly, then monthly then, 'why do you even listen to those rumours or read anything. They are not getting the replacement until after a full rebuild.'

'Jacobs wants playoff revenue then call it a transition year.'

'Hey Coach, did they sell you another 3rd liner as the saviour?' (That's from non-Bruins fans, lol)
Sounds like a you problem

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
2019 1 game away from a cup . Greatest regular season team in the NHL history last year . Not too shabby.

He didn't build that team. No one will ever tell me Sweeney built that core that LOST.

Not to shabby? That core could have been managed by many people here. He didn't get it done and the 'greatest regular season team in NHL history' didn't even win a round.

I stand by my point; he inherited a Championship team and won nothing and never replaced either top two centres.

I defended him for YEARS. Even watched Cassidy get blamed over him for the results. In the end, Sweeney will be the GM that wasted the last prime years of Bergeron, Rask, Chara, Krejci and company and never thought of replacing them as they wore down.

Now, we are in year three of Zacha and they are about to sign the Canucks 3rd line C and sell him as a top line C. He's a 2nd line C on a contender and a 1st line C on a pretender.

That's what the current roster is; pretending they have the top end talent to compete with the best.

Sounds like a you problem
Oh for sure. Listening to some of this banter is a total waste of time.

It's great to come here, vent, then walk away.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
If the Bruins are legit going after Drasitil why oh why did the trade Linus to Ottawa? Edmonton prolly would have killed to have Linus.

Reactions: BTO

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I wasn’t aware teams were capped at one physical forward per roster.

4th line
Duhaime • Kastilec • Brazeau
Only 1, analytics say so.

Spittin' Chickets guys saying that talk down on the ice after game 7 was that the Bruins are shopping around the 1st for help at C.

Really wish it was the other pieces on the go, lol.
There are some players that should be available at 25 that I like but I would rather have the sure thing that helps now. Package the 25 with Lysell and get a top 6 proven forward.

Reactions: Coach Parker

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I haven't seen anyone mention Foegele.

That's an interesting one.

Like... He'd have to be cheap (not honestly sure I dig him at five). But it's a name I hadn't considered and he does provide something we lack in the top six.

Skinner on the other hand, I am very very wary of.
Yes on Foegele. No on Skinner. I never got the vibe when I've seen him play that he's a threat
in any way. Just never liked his style. IMO Vanilla.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I like Duhaime but I’d rather have the right shot cheaper and better defensive and face off guy

braz likely 4L RW and Kastelic can be 13 th F

Duhaime looking for Kuraly deal you can’t have as 13 F

Beecher - Boqvist - Braz
Kastelic

Cheap 4th line with speed in Bo & lots is size with special teams wingers

Very good get for what you need

Sorry eliminated Maroon but this is what you want

Also - Kastelic will fight everyone he’s not a spot picker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad