Rumor: Trouba to Detroit (Rangers retaining)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
You're adding 4.5 million in Salary, which with the cap situation and Mo and Ray needing raises means that theyre going to be at the cap very quickly especially if Ghost stays.
There is this crazy thing you can do. It’s called trading players or waiving players.

Adding Kakko like that means you’re probably looking then to dump a Robby Fabbri.

And you’re still probably looking to move Copp or Holl or Maatta.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
There is this crazy thing you can do. It’s called trading players or waiving players.

Adding Kakko like that means you’re probably looking then to dump a Robby Fabbri.

And you’re still probably looking to move Copp or Holl or Maatta.
In this deal they're moving Holl. If Walman requires a 2nd to dump and Holl requires taking Trouba to dump, I'm terrified what teams will need the Wings to do to take Fabbri or Copp.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Larry Brooks is very plugged into the Rangers organization
I think they were talking about the Tony Wolak proposal. I believe Brooks that Trouba is probably coming to Detroit. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if the trade looks like what Wolak is throwing out there. I don't think that's based on anything except for wishful thinking.

Reactions: HANK30

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
You're adding 4.5 million in Salary, which with the cap situation and Mo and Ray needing raises means that theyre going to be at the cap very quickly especially if Ghost stays.
I’m not adding 4.5, I’m adding something like 2.5 after Veleno songs. I’m also significantly upgrading the roster. And I have several months to make more moves to clear more cap space.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
I think they were talking about the Tony Wolak proposal. I believe Brooks that Trouba is probably coming to Detroit. I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if the trade looks like what Wolak is throwing out there. I don't think that's based on anything except for wishful thinking.
Very much so, I don't really want Trouba period.

I think the bare minimum for me is Trouba @ 2.5m retained for Holl (Buyout) and a 4th.

May need a third team...

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Veleno needs money, so again probably 2-2.5mil increase.

I don't think Veleno could get his agent to get him much more than 2m per year. Not a good pk or pp player, 4th line minutes, and on a rfa deal.

Someone like Sprong could swing maybe 3 per because for his ice time played which I minimal he produces 15-20 goals consistently.

Reactions: sureWhyNot

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Trouba is better than Holl. Kakko at least has more potential than Veleno. If he doesn't turn a corner in Detroit, we can bury him in the AHL. No real loss.
Trouba costs more than Holl. Trouba had worse Crosi than Holl but is Fenwick was better. Trouba was bad, bad enough that if I were to post theri rate metrics you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.
1719696271727.png

1719696184302.png
1719696208318.png

Attachments

• 1719696243357.png
    1719696243357.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 1

jaster

Future Inconsiderations
Jun 8, 2007
Where is there an upgrade? Trouba is a 3rd pairing d-man, Kakko is an offensive winger that can't score and now Detroit is down a center.
Holl is a healthy scratch on a non-playoff team and Trouba is a top-4 on a President’s Trophy team. Big upgrade AINEC, regardless of Trouba’s faults.

Kakko is nothing, but so is Veleno. Joey Stomps-a-Lot has far less value than you’re trying to illustrate. He’s not a good center.

Reactions: sureWhyNot

Axel Sandy Pelikan

Michael Brandsegg-Nygard or Bust.
May 11, 2023
Holl is a healthy scratch on a non-playoff team and Trouba is a top-4 on a President’s Trophy team. Big upgrade AINEC, regardless of Trouba’s faults.

Kakko is nothing, but so is Veleno. Joey Stomps-a-Lot has far less value than you’re trying to illustrate. He’s not a good center.
His stomp game is elite though.

Ndamukong Suh level

Crunchy

Jan 27, 2020
This deal has shades of the Debrincat trade last year. Trouba likely only willing to waive to a select few teams and only one, Detroit, can make it work. So Detroit is holding NYR's feet to the fire leading up to FA when they'll need that cap space.

Reactions: Geezer WC

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Enough of the yapping… get this done.

I’m actually excited to see him punch some guys. I have a good feeling about this trade. Despite it being Trouba. Perhaps he rebounds here. It’s entirely possible.
Right. I’m tired of this thread bumping for no real news. Do it or don’t

And yes i understand the irony of my own post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad