BRUINS GDT Free Agent Frenzy - July 1 NOON (ET) - ESPN+, TSN, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Any trade between now and the fall is solid enough if it's for the top six.

Otherwise, I'd bet 99% of us could picture them going with this lineup and then trading for a winger at the deadline if the kids choke:

Zacha - Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - (POITRAS/MERKULOV/LYSELL)
Frederic - Geekie - (POITRAS/MERKULOV/LYSELL)
Jones - Beecher - Brazeau - Kastelic - Brown

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Zadorov - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo
One of these things doesn't look like the other......

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Why Dangle Beecher? Young Center, plays defense. fastest skater on the team. Played well as a rookie, and has growth potential. Sure if someone offers a great asset you have to consider it, but no need to deal him

Because at the moment, there's a lot of 4th line competition. We'd be trading a kid whos going to compete for a spot on the 4th line in a defensive role for a prospect who will most likely compete for a spot in the top 6 in a scoring role.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Cautiously optimistic. Lindholm definitely needs to improve his stats. I am sure he will, but until then, that's a question needing to be answered. His faceoff and defense is definitely an improvement.

Defense I am way more confident in. With Z and the emergence of Lohrei I think we have a very well rounded back end.

Got Sway (we know contract will get done) so we are good there.

Question will definitely be goals 5 on 5. I dont think anything they did really addressed it. It still will be score by committee and hoping we get a rookie to surprise. Also Marchand is another year older, and we cant always expect him to be on top of his game. Age always catches up, especially if you have hard miles on ya like Marchand.
So forward group is going to be question mark this season. I mean everything they did last year worked, so hopefully it does this year too.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Yup Bruins better and tougher

1. got best center who will get Pasta better, cover his creative mistakes, win FO, play last minutes of games with leads and actually get puck out of zone

2. Picked up one of the games toughest players who has offensive element- and will knock the crap out of his former Calgary buddies on Florida who will start crease crap

Good luck to Max Domi trying jujitsu moves on Charlie McAvoy

3. Opened up opportunities for Lysell & Merk - added responsibility for Poitras

Great day

300 days to playoffs - Donny we need the lineup round 1 v Leafs by Thursday 4h
Good read
Out side of Jake D the Bruins didn’t resign any of the players who were poor playoff performers. They got guys who played well this playoffs or play a tough playoff style game. The three young guys aren’t big or tough. Now they will be surrrounded by bigger physical players. Great mix.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Cautiously optimistic. Lindholm definitely needs to improve his stats. I am sure he will, but until then, that's a question needing to be answered. His faceoff and defense is definitely an improvement.

Defense I am way more confident in. With Z and the emergence of Lohrei I think we have a very well rounded back end.

Got Sway (we know contract will get done) so we are good there.

Question will definitely be goals 5 on 5. I dont think anything they did really addressed it. It still will be score by committee and hoping we get a rookie to surprise. Also Marchand is another year older, and we cant always expect him to be on top of his game. Age always catches up, especially if you have hard miles on ya like Marchand.
So forward group is going to be question mark this season. I mean everything they did last year worked, so hopefully it does this year too.
Marchand had 67 pts we definitely can't be counting on him to carry big load anymore.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Any one ready for our first home game vs Montreal? I’m going Zadorov VS Jack eye. Can’t waite

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I am excited. 99 days to game one.
Excited also. Even more excited for the 81 games after that to pass so we can be back in the mix and take care of business in the playoffs. Seems so long. 1 game at a time, I know…

Reactions: caz16

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
So where are we at? 1C and stiffening up our D? Check. A little more forward depth? Tick. All good.

Issues:

- a key player short, as usual. Need another top 6 winger. But can potentially deal with that at the deadline.

- I look at that D group and still see potential issues with getting the puck out of our own end and playing in transition. That's a concern.

- roster looks slow. That's the biggest problem for me, and the one that could ultimately be fatal to any Cup chances as it's not easily fixed. I think you need proper speed to seriously compete in the modern league, and the Bruins don't have it.

Overall reasonably happy. Think this will turn out to be another solid team. Whether it's more than that I'm very unsure about, but as always we'll see what happens.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Leafs sign Haakenpa, he is a big tough D.
Is he comparable to Zadorov? I expect Toronto would be beefing up too. It's starting to be an arms race (war). The Bruins are BIG, mean, and ready for that
war.
I'm a Coyle fan-boy but now I'm not sure his place isn't taken by one of the new-B's.
I would try to get a high pick for him and use his $$$ for a Bonafide scoring wing.
But, I would hate trading Coyle. My conundrum if I were GM.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
posted in the wrong thread lol

I am not even going to worry about term or money

Don & Cam,

Thank you for today. Thank you for not caring about anything but restoring my beloved franchise to a rough and tumble team. This week, Kastelic, Zadorov and Max Jones. Out were Boqvist, Gryz and Heinen. Could you two be any more emphatic about what you're trying to do here? My pride is bubbling over again, thank you both for seeing what the fans want. If that wasn't good enough you doubled down and added borderline dirt bags in Tufte, Sweezy and Viel to Providence and just a phone call away to send a message if need be. You are making regular season hockey fun again, and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

Your biggest fan, LouJersey
Thank you for this Lou

I got emotional just reading this

Feels good to be able to wear my O’Reilly jersey grocery shopping again

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So where are we at? 1C and stiffening up our D? Check. A little more forward depth? Tick. All good.

Issues:

- a key player short, as usual. Need another top 6 winger. But can potentially deal with that at the deadline.

- I look at that D group and still see potential issues with getting the puck out of our own end and playing in transition. That's a concern.

- roster looks slow. That's the biggest problem for me, and the one that could ultimately be fatal to any Cup chances as it's not easily fixed. I think you need proper speed to seriously compete in the modern league, and the Bruins don't have it.

Overall reasonably happy. Think this will turn out to be another solid team. Whether it's more than that I'm very unsure about, but as always we'll see what happens.

I will say, some of the new 4th liners actually do have some speed.

For instance, one of these players is Max Jones and the other one is Jespar Boqvist. Guess which one is which?

top speed: 22.96 ( 84th percentile )
speed bursts over 20 MPH: 132 ( 81st percentile )

top speed: 22.37 ( 55th percentile )
speed bursts over 20 MPH: 95 ( 66th percentile )

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Otherwise, I'd bet 99% of us could picture them going with this lineup and then trading for a winger at the deadline if the kids choke:

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Zadorov - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo
Feels like 2013 again 😍

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I will say, some of the new 4th liners actually do have some speed.

For instance, one of these players is Max Jones and the other one is Jespar Boqvist. Guess which one is which?

top speed: 22.96 ( 84th percentile )
speed bursts over 20 MPH: 132 ( 81st percentile )

top speed: 22.37 ( 55th percentile )
speed bursts over 20 MPH: 95 ( 66th percentile )

Given the framing of the question, I'm going to guess that Jones is the quicker guy. Well that's something. But it's going to take more than that.

Reactions: PB37

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Zadorov - Peeke
Wotherspoon

Swayman
Korpisalo
Built for playoff hockey. I don't hate it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Given the framing of the question, I'm going to guess that Jones is the quicker guy. Well that's something. But it's going to take more than that.

Correct on both counts. I think Jones replaces Boqvist's spot in the lineup and with no Maroon/JVR, it will make them at least look a bit quicker. Maybe Lysell will step in and grab the 2nd line RW and provide some speed/quickness to go with his skill.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I can’t say enough nice things about todays signings other than not signing Stamkos. I would have a Homemade Stamkos jersey already had they signed him.

We got us a center and a bone-crunching defensman. The best change is that we are 100 times tougher than we were a week ago. I would still sign Maroon, however. I’m probably the only fan of the Kastelic trade, but it was a good move minus taking back all the salary. We will hope goalie Bob can work his magic

Overall a great day. This assures we win next year.

Ad

Ad

Ad