Xhekaj tossed from another game.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
It 100% matters as it will determine if he's a hypocrite or not.

If he thinks Greig deserves punishment for his hit, then he should also think he himself deserves punishment for his hit, if he's a consistent logical thinker.

If you're not going to answer the question or don't care, why even quote me and respond to my question?
Show us the hit you're talking about because no one saw it except you

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You gonna call this one out dog boy? You seem to love policing others.
You can’y come in here crying that your superstar got injured on a similar hit than your own player pulled earlier and thought he could get away without any consequences.

If you don’t see an issue with the Grieg hit then there should be no issue with Xhekaj either

If this whole bullshit retaliation thing is what's happening, then Xhekaj started it when he took out Crookshank for an entire season in 2021.
Xhekaj didn’t instigate the whole thing.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Not all hits warrant retaliation in the form of trying to destroy another player. You're acting like Greig's hit was totally egregious or something.

There are Habs fans in here acting like Xhekaj's hit wasn't bad, it was just Stutzle's own stick, it was similar to Greig's hit etc., but if it's similar to Greig's hit and Xhekaj's wasn't all that bad, why did he need to retaliate in the first place?
In pre season , if you throw a late blindside hit to the other teams best player dressed and refuse to answer the bell you can be sure something will happen.

Again, are you new to hockey? This is the way it's been forever.

Now we're going in circle and I'm bored.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
In pre season , if you throw a late blindside hit to the other teams best player dressed and refuse to answer the bell you can be sure something will happen.

I’m circling back to this, because it keeps being mentioned. So career high 14 goal Kirby Dach is one of the Habs best players?

Yikes.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
It 100% matters as it will determine if he's a hypocrite or not.

If he thinks Greig deserves punishment for his hit, then he should also think he himself deserves punishment for his hit, if he's a consistent logical thinker.

If you're not going to answer the question or don't care, why even quote me and respond to my question?
He did. He dropped the gloves with Tkachuk. And FYI, I also think both hit were late and unnecessary.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

Yes, like I said a few posts ago, I don't think Greig's hit was as bad as many of you are making it out to be, so no, I don't think the game had to devolve into what it did.

No, I am not new to hockey. Yes, I understand the concept of retaliation. No, I do not think retaliation has to mean trying to destroy another player that had nothing to do with the original hit. I've already said that as well.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Show us the hit you're talking about because no one saw it except you

So you didn't watch the game, or were you up and getting popcorn at the time? It's ok if you were. No one usually watches the full 60 minutes without taking their eyes off the screen.

If you have the TSN feed, they showed it and compared the hits and how long the puck was gone. You would have had to miss it live, and also miss the replay, and also had the volume down to not hear them talking about it.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Grieg’s hit on Dach was far less predatory. Was straight into the player, even if he did catch a little chin. Xhekaj on the other hand comes in fast at an off angle. A much more dangerous approach path.

All that being said, it was the stick that caused the injury on the Xhekaj hit.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I have a lot of respect for Xhekaj's physical abilities. I think he's pretty unique with that size and strength, and he's probably one of the more intimidating players out there, I think he's worth having on the bottom pairing just for that alone. At the same time, I also think he's probably one of the easiest players to take off his game and draw into penalties. He's going to need to hone that in going forward or he won't see long term success in the NHL, and for that reason I enjoy watching teams play against him.
That is true, but this is a pre season game. When you have a guy trying late blindside hits to your best player and refuse to answer...

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
He did. He dropped the gloves with Tkachuk. And FYI, I also think both hit were late and unnecessary.

He’s talking about Struble. Struble threw the exact hit that Greig threw on Dach, on Greig himself, 5 minutes later.

The only difference is Greig just got up and kept playing whereas Dach ran to the room and the Habs melted down.

That is true, but this is a pre season game. When you have a guy trying late blindside hits to your best player and refuse to answer...

Again… best player? Kirby Dach?

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
He's literally been doing the same thing every preseason since 2021.

Maybe but Struble's quote is very telling. The Canadiens have been getting massacred by injuries this decade, breaking man-games lost record for years in a row, losing a ton of key players to long-term injuries/career-enders every year. Tonight the Sens were dealing with a team that just watched Patrik Laine (and Reinbacher) go down for months before the regular season even starts in a season they're hoping to take a big step. I'm not surprised if they take whatever slight and go berserk over it. The franchise and the players are clearly sick of losing guys.

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying you're dealing with a group that's clearly on edge and I'm not surprised to see Wifi going berserk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad