Low Effort GDT Senators in La Belle Province to beat up some scrubs | Tuesday October 1st, 2024, 7PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

h2

Mar 26, 2002
I kinda wish we had someone that can help Brady in the fighting department. The last thing I want is Brady dropping the gloves with Xhekaj. I'm sure he can hang with him, but why even risk it? Our top left winger should not be fighting guys like that. I still think our team is a little on the soft side. It's definitely improved overall compared to last season, but I still think Brady will be doing the bulk of the fighting and I don't like that.

I miss Chris Neil. We were so lucky having him for as long as we did.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I expect Stutzle and Chucky to be fine. No idea what happened to Chabot.

Hopefully just precautionary. Reevaluate tomorrow and you use it as an excuse to not play them in the last few preseason games.

It would be funny if we do an offside challenge if Montreal scores a goal next preseason game. If they score regardless of whether it's blatantly onside just do the challenge. Let them know.

Reactions: SensFactor

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I expect Stutzle and Chucky to be fine. No idea what happened to Chabot.
He's made of glass.

we were 6-2 last year in the preseason...5-3 the season before

These games are meaningless for vets and you have a bunch of young guys trying hard

It means nothing. We have learned that
True and with all these injuries it's been a disaster. I honestly can't believe this.

Wifi better be getting suspended.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'm curious to what the league will do here.

Xhekaj has done this consistently throughout his career and this is the third preseason where he has done this to the Senators.
Two of his teammates were stupid enough to open their mouths and insinuate headhunting and cheapshots was part of the plan for the rest of the night after Grieg's "cheapshot".

That being said while Xhekaj was trying to be super dirty... he ended up basically grazing Stutzle from the blindside instead of getting a full, heavy connection.

The Habs should be thankful Xhekaj just isn't that good. If he connected this could have been disastrous especially with his teammates comments.

If the NHL wasn't bush league there'd be an investigation because of the comments by those two players combined with Xhekaj's history and Stutzle being an important player to the Senators. But the league is a joke so maybe 1-2 games max, maybe small fines for the two who opened their mouths and Xhekaj injures another player next year.

Reactions: Korpse

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
If the NHL wasn't bush league there'd be an investigation because of the comments by those two players combined with Xhekaj's history and Stutzle being an important player to the Senators. But the league is a joke so maybe 1-2 games max, maybe small fines for the two who opened their mouths and Xhekaj injures another player next year.
The sad part is it wouldn't have been disastrous. Let's assume Xhekaj connects and Stu is out long-term with a concussion.

How many games does Xhekaj get? 3? 4? 5? Probably not more than that.

Hell, there's no guarantee he's even in the NHL this season that long. He's an AHL talent playing tough guy on a team that desperately needs toughness. He routinely sinks his team's chances of winning.

Anyway, all that said - the league is terrible when handing out punishment. They'd rather ban a guy half a season for proxy betting on a different league than enforcing headhunters.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
What is a little lost here is how bad the sens were for most of this game. Pretty sad against such a pathetic habs team who iced a trash roster.

Reactions: LiseL

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
What is a little lost here is how bad the sens were for most of this game. Pretty sad against such a pathetic habs team who iced a trash roster.
The Sens' AHL squad beat nearly the full lineup of the Leafs.

Think a lot of people underestimate how much competition for jobs motivates players on the bubble. I'd imagine many of that Habs roster was going 100%. It felt like some of our guys coasted, unfortunately.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ulmark kept them in the game long enough for them to turn it around and win.
At the cost of losing Tkachuk and Stutzle. Then winning from the pp. Worst case scenario in pre season. Really tough night for the organization. Atleast Ullmark and Yakemchuk played well.

The amount of times they missed the net with a shot on a 3 on 2. Was just bad hockey. Blowing the zone early, incapable of making basic passes. It's shocking.

Reactions: LiseL

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Bath with a beauty pass right in Yakemchuk’s wheelhouse

If he is off a bit and Yak has to adjust, this is probably not a goal.

Reactions: bert

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
At the cost of losing Tkachuk and Stutzle. Then winning from the pp. Worst case scenario in pre season. Really tough night for the organization. Atleast Ullmark and Yakemchuk played well.

The amount of times they missed the net with a shot on a 3 on 2. Was just bad hockey. Blowing the zone early, incapable of making basic passes. It's shocking.

If you’re going to be in a bad mood after a game like this, it’s going to be a long season for you.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Some good forecheck last shift... keep that pressure up

Haven't really seen many point shots get through this preseason... like to see more wristers from the point

Also our pp lacks creativity or decision making...
We always talk about hockey IQ or smart hockey as it relates to defensive play, but it applies to offense as well IMO. Too many one and done when shooting from the point so hard it comes right back out. How about ensuring someone's near the net and shooting it for either a tip, deflection or juicy rebound if you don't have a clear lane? Even if you do have a lane, shoot it hard enough to get there but not so hard it comes right back out or out of play. Another peeve is when there is a rebound, there's no one there. They're either behind the net or too far away to take advantage. The good teams always seem to be in the right place at the right time. It can't be just due to luck. OK, enough venting from me lol.

That was the right play by Yakemchuk there. The left winger was hanging by the red line for no discernible reason when he should’ve been supporting the D.
The coaching staff is going to have a lot of work to do to get this team to work as a 5-man unit. Hope they figure it out soon.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
We do, but they're learning a new system and need to learn it before they figure out how to create offense within that system. It's an adjustment period.
Are you saying they don't know what to do so they do nothing?

This is the reason Stutzle is so frustrating.

Trying to be fancy when he's the last guy back.
Time to find out if accountability is actually a thing with this new coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad