Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Let's just buy out the entire roster and start from scratch. :sarcasm:

Guentzel-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Stephenson-McGroarty
Stamkos-Poitras-Toffoli
Beecher-Kastelic- me
Sneaky addition I see in the bottom 6. Not sure we can afford toffoli too

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
I'll put my neck on the chopping block here. I'd go for Steve Stamkos, all in. He may be 34, but he's still a top performer. Stamkos + Marchand would be special to watch. Pay that man his money, can't believe Tampa appears okay with letting him go.

Really, Stamkos would be great! Finally someone else that can put he puck in the net.

Probably a pipe dream tho.
Unless he has his heart already set on a specific destination, Boston has as good a chance as anybody to land Stamkos. They just have to really mean it and pay $ accordingly. No half measures. If they want him, I think a very strong case can be made to just go get him. Hopefully he is not set on Toronto and/or they cannot free up the $ to do it. But watch out, I could see them spinning Marner to Utah for good picks+, or figuring out how to dump Tavares, and signing Stamkos.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Didn’t Stamkos resign in like the 11th hour last time he was due for a contract?

Anyways, give him all the monies. Guy still has it.

Reactions: Dellstrom

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
Yep, but there seems to be a lot of smoke out-there though. I'd like to see a good old fashion blockbuster with Ehlers and McGroarity coming to Boston.

Me too. Would be great to see some meaningful roster changes/talent added

Reactions: TCB

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Would you deal Lohrei for McGroarty if you signed Sjkei

I get it, it’s imaginary world

Lou & myself had same answer
I can't really answer the original question because I just have not seen McGroaty, only read about him. Maybe he is so good that what follows is moot.

But what I will say is that Lohrei made a strong impression on me in his first season, specifically in the playoffs. His confidence handling the puck was impressive. I kept waiting for him to cough up the puck during one of his dipsy doodle efforts but I didn't see it happen. He reminded me of a much better version of Mike Reilly (I'm not comparing the two, only saying that Lohrei looks like he wants to handle the puck and is confident dekeing his way up ice with it) or Hamilton.

Don't know if the Bruins could offer anything else that could pry away McGroaty. But putting Lohrei in the deal would rob Peter to pay Paul I think, even if you also signed Sjkei. Also, I've said it before, but if Lohrei comes back next season and proves 2023-24 was no mirage, it's hugely valuable to have that skillset on an ELC.

I believe Lohrei could be part of the future core and you have to find ways to add with him. I just don't know if you can do that right now, at least when it comes to younger players who also project to join the core. I think some other teams have a deeper pool of valuable draft picks and prospects to tap to make a McGroaty deal happen.

Didn’t Stamkos resign in like the 11th hour last time he was due for a contract?

Anyways, give him all the monies. Guy still has it.
Yes, he did. Could still happen but it seems to be pointing to free agency this time. But never say never with him staying in Tampa.

Reactions: RiverbottomChuck

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
My guess is If Stamkos does hit FA the Wings will be a major suiter

Have always liked him since the " perfect game" 7 in 2011 where he took a puck to the face and game back even though his face looked like it had been through a meat grinder

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
Pierre LeBrun tweeted (or X'd or whatever it is now) that Stamkos' agent said that he will become a free agent on July 1.

As people have said, we'll see what really happens but there is smoke here. Stamkos can't be thrilled to see Hedman get a new deal a year ahead of free agency while Stamkos is left twisting in the wind.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
McGroarty steps in and takes over the DeBrusk spot. I'm in the camp he ends up as a winger.

McGroarty -- Lindholm -- Pasta

Marchand -- Poitras -- Coyle

Frederic -- Zacha -- Geekie

Beecher -- Kast -- Brazaeu
Give me a break, The kid cannot make Winnepeg, and you are putting him on the first line with Pasta, you now putting Zacka on third line and Coyle to the wing so you can make Poitras you second line center, good grief !

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Stamkos hasn't played center in a while, is a right shot left wing and almost all of his goals came on the PP.

so dont expect him to score 40 next year with Pasta on the PP. he could be the LW opposite him, but Lindholm or another Center would need to be had to bump Zacha out of that spot.

Reactions: UConn126

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Pierre LeBrun tweeted (or X'd or whatever it is now) that Stamkos' agent said that he will become a free agent on July 1.

As people have said, we'll see what really happens but there is smoke here. Stamkos can't be thrilled to see Hedman get a new deal a year ahead of free agency while Stamkos is left twisting in the wind.
Stamkos is going to Detroit. Book it.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Alright I am basically done with work for the day. Time for some rumors and trades to get underway.

Reactions: sarge88

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Woah Nelly! Stammer as a bruin would be sweet.
Jeez Don, we have something to finally agree on, most of posts are anti signing of older players to big contracts and term, but if there is a player I would break my own rules it would be Stamkos, love that guy one helluva player, maybe he can bring Hedman with him.............hahaha, I am starting lose it.

Stamkos, Lindholm, Dillon, McGroarty would be legit... But I'm sure TO will be all over him.
all but Lindholm

Reactions: The don godfather
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad