Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
By trading Ullmark they just increased Swayman’s barganing power
I think now he is looking for 8.5 a year
Lol imagine if they didn’t have a deal in place before they traded Ullmark? That would just be dead stupid…oh no…do they really not have a deal in place?

Reactions: GoBs

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
By trading Ullmark they just increased Swayman’s barganing power
I think now he is looking for 8.5 a year
Dom made another good point about how Swayman is going to set the market for all the next crop of RFA to UFA starters.

Indicated that the NHLPA will be pressuring them hard to not take a discount.

Reactions: Gordoff and GoBs

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
The Bruins missed Hall’s ability to skate the puck through the neutral zone and gain the blue line this past season. I’d welcome him back if healthy.

It’s that skill set that has me rooting for Lysell to be able to carve out a role in the middle six.

Vancouver is making space for Lindholm and Zadorov watch

I think Geuntzel.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I wouldn’t move Poitras for Necas. I think Poitras is really underrated here. He has high end talent & can become an impact player if he can build himself up physically.

Now I’d definitely include Poitras in a package for Draisaitl assuming they/ he decides it’s over in Edmonton. Necas 11 goals in 60 games? Meh

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Honestly listening to Dom’s live stream (he made this clear on it) made me feel much less angry about the trade. Still don’t love it obviously, but it is what it is.

It’s good to get everything in context.

I wish I hadn't missed Dom's stream, would love to know what he said about the Korpisalo part of the trade that makes the trade not look so horrible. Living here in Ottawa it's been hard to take, I feel almost embarrased to be a Bruins fan, the Sens fanbase think Korpisalo is just an awful goalie and they can't believe that Staios found a taker for him at minimal cost.

Reactions: Bodit9

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I wouldn’t move Poitras for Necas. I think Poitras is really underrated here. He has high end talent & can become an impact player if he can build himself up physically.

Now I’d definitely include Poitras in a package for Draisaitl assuming they/ he decides it’s over in Edmonton. Necas 11 goals in 60 games? Meh
Would you do 25oa + Poitras for William Karlsson out of Vegas?

• Haha
Reactions: pucksindeep92

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So I tried to look back to when we had our most expensive goaltending tandem and it was in 2018 when we first signed Halak while Rask was under contractRask was making 7 million (8.81%) and Halak 2.75 million (3.46%) = 12.27% of the cap Currently, Korpisalo is occupying 3 million (3.4%) + Swayman @ 8 million (9.1%) = 12.5%There is a possibility that we go into next season with some of the most expensive goaltending we've ever had without a #1 center...If we just run with Bussi, it would be 10%, which just seems so much more reasonable. When we first signed Ullmark it was (6%) and Swayman (1%) so we've had it as little as 7% give or take.

Very strange cap management to me

Since then, Ullmark has won a Vezina and Swayman had a tremendous playoff run.

Reactions: CellyHard

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wish I hadn't missed Dom's stream, would love to know what he said about the Korpisalo part of the trade that makes the trade not look so horrible. Living here in Ottawa it's been hard to take, I feel almost embarrased to be a Bruins fan, the Sens fanbase think Korpisalo is just an awful goalie and they can't believe that Staios found a taker for him at minimal cost.

Do Sens fans have anything to be proud of? Like at all? Is there even a single thing in that franchise's entire 30 year history to be proud about?

I bet $20 that Korpisalo's numbers in Boston next year will be better than Ullmark's in Ottawa.

Next time ask them how Wade Redden is doing.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Do Sens fans have anything to be proud of? Like at all? Is there even a single thing in that franchise's entire 30 year history to be proud about?

I bet $20 that Korpisalo's numbers in Boston next year will be better than Ullmark's in Ottawa.

Next time ask them how Wade Redden is doing.

Yeah. If Ottawa fans are giving this guy shit, you have a list of 1004 things they have done that you spew back in their direction. They have no peg to stand on :laugh:

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If the Bruins are legit going after Drasitil why oh why did the trade Linus to Ottawa? Edmonton prolly would have killed to have Linus.

Skinner was not a problem in the postseason for Edmonton . Beyond that, Edmonton might have loved to have Linus. there is absolutely no reason to believe that Linus would have considered waiving for Edmonton, He refused to waive for a number of teams .

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well it is embarrassing. I have not heard one single person come out and say the Bruins won the trade. When you have a valuable trade asset and you get next to nothing in return it is a horrible trade. Ottawa had no takers for Korpisalo. We should have received more than a 25th overall pick to take that stupid contract. So you got a fourth liner for a Vezina Trophy starting goaltender. That's embarrassing and there is no other way to spin it.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

I wonder if every Bruin with NTC/NMC will act like Linus and add every team they could potentially be traded to to their lists July 1 specifically Edmonton and if we want Drai we have to make the deal sooner.

Drai+Campbell

for

Poitras+Bussi+Korpisalo+ roster players

Coyle would be an obvious add but he'll dig in and screw us. Can we even add enough salary-wise to make that deal especially with the NTCs in play?

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Well it is embarrassing. I have not heard one single person come out and say the Bruins won the trade. When you have a valuable trade asset and you get next to nothing in return it is a horrible trade. Ottawa had no takers for Korpisalo. We should have received more than a 25th overall pick to take that stupid contract. So you got a fourth liner for a Vezina Trophy starting goaltender. That's embarrassing and there is no other way to spin it.
Must have been linus blocking everything Donny threw and linus threw him a bone finally Ottawa and staios had Donny cornered. Only explanation of why Don had to take korpi ( which I'm fine with because I actually think he will put better numbers then linus in Ottawa.) Getting the 1st is sweet so I'm finally excited about a draft and kastelic can drop the gloves. I'm ok with the trade.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
we’re a draisaitl miracle away from sweeney punting another year of pastas prime and one of the final years of marchands league best contract. truly impressive how he’s squandered the pieces and opportunities he’s had the past 9 seasons.
Be nice if the players he did add to the roster performed when it mattered.

Squandered is a bit much

I don't believe so.

Swayman will get 8 X 8.
I see 6.5-7 x6

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Crazy how time flies.

For some reason I was thinking he was 24/25.

Didn't realize he's 28. Getting close to the point in the next couple seasons where his best years are behind him statistically (while still being a great player as he ages). Maybe he bucks the trend though and remains highly productive into his mid 30s.

Hope Sweeney and co. can get another shot before then.
time flies when you get bounced in the 2nd round every year

• Haha
Reactions: capecodder

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Dom made another good point about how Swayman is going to set the market for all the next crop of RFA to UFA starters.

Indicated that the NHLPA will be pressuring them hard to not take a discount.
Then take him to arbitration again, The kid looks to be a good one but Im not giving him the best goalie deal in the league.

He hasn't earned it yet, makes me a little queasy wo seeing him handle being a true number one and playing more games a season.

Big difference playing 42 vs 55

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad