Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So... Where do we go from here?

We still have two holes in the top six and another one at defense. Depending on what Swayman signs for, we may have $13M-$14M to spend. Works out to $4M - $5M a player.

If you drop $8M on one of them, it essentially leaves you with making one more quality addition and either promoting a yute, or signing a depth player.

So where do you skimp? Or do you do something else drastic?
I circle back to a $5,000,000 retained Laine. Get him on a 'show me deal' which is more valuable than spending that money on any UFA that will want that amount.

I'm worried about paying 7+ million on the Canucks 3rd line C and saying he's Boston's 1st line C for the next half decade.

A trade for Laine and then adding him gives you at least hope that they can both have a return to form next couple of years providing scoring threat to help out with that shell of a top six.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I do too. But is he the answer at 1C?

Would definitely add a speed element to that line. But if you play him in his ideal spot on the second line, that displaces Coyle and doesn't actually fill a hole.

What do you think? Could Stephenson be a fit on the top line?
I think something with him in the middle and Pasta/Zacha on the wings could work. Wouldn’t be an ideal 1C by any means but he’s a very good player and I’m not sure what 1C options are really out there

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I circle back to a $5,000,000 retained Laine. Get him on a 'show me deal' which is more valuable than spending that money on any UFA that will want that amount.

I'm worried about paying 7+ million on the Canucks 3rd line C and saying he's Boston's 1st line C for the next half decade.

A trade for Laine and then adding him gives you at least hope that they can both have a return to form next couple of years providing scoring threat to help out with that shell of a top six.
I'm with you here. I don't know how realistic it is, but I'd support it.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Skinner has never played a playoff game in his entire career. I pass on him
I don't pass on him...lack of playoff games makes him "younger" than his statistical age hockey wise and likely hungry for some playoff action. Guy has a proven nose for scoring, I'm not paying full $$ but on the cheap ..say $2-3M....Buffalo would be paying the rest.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I don't pass on him...lack of playoff games makes him "younger" than his statistical age hockey wise and likely hungry for some playoff action. Guy has a proven nose for scoring, I'm not paying full $$ but on the cheap ..say $2-3M....Buffalo would be paying the rest.

That's fair, at a low cap around 2-2.5 I'd take that gamble then

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I was okay with Jake walking but now that we're just spending his raise on Korpisalo I don't know wtf Don is thinking.

Hall and DeBrusk were our best playoff performers the last two years and now they're gone

Hall, Debrusk and Ullmark gone and all we have to show for it is

Regula, Mitchell, Kastelic, korpisalo and reacquiring the draft pick we sent out for 30 games of bertuzzi lol.

With Kastelic likely being the only player who will appear in a playoff game next year.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Hall, Debrusk and Ullmark gone and all we have to show for it is

Regula, Mitchell, Kastelic, korpisalo and reacquiring the draft pick we sent out for 30 games of bertuzzi lol.

With Kastelic likely being the only player who will appear in a playoff game next year.
What's the matter with that, 3 all stars.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Zacha-Lindholm-pastrnak
Marchand-poitras-nichushkin
Frederic-Coyle-geekie
Boqvist-Beecher-kestalic

Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo
Cole-Peeke

Swayman
Korpisalo

Go get Elias Lindholm, the cocaine cowboy, and Ian cole and call it a day

If Nichushkin didn't let his team down 2 years in a row with off ice issues, the yeah I'd be down. If he was coming from an unstable LR, I'd give it a shot considering people rave about "our culture."

But the Avs have a great LR too and considering the cold responses he got from his teammates once the news came out, I want no part of him.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
If Nichushkin didn't let his team down 2 years in a row with off ice issues, the yeah I'd be down. If he was coming from an unstable LR, I'd give it a shot considering people rave about "our culture."

But the Avs have a great LR too and considering the cold responses he got from his teammates once the news came out, I want no part of him.

That’s entirely fair. There’s been rumors of a buyout for him. Not sure how true that is I guess we will see. If he can be had for relatively cheap I wouldn’t mind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad