GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
My top 16 heading into tonight. Hopefully we can get 2 of these guys.
Based purely on their abilities, no injuries, off-ice issues, etc are taken into account. Not a mock, just based off of talent.

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Tij Iginla
4. Cayden Lindstrom
5. Berkly Catton
6. Zeev Buium
7. Artyom Levshunov
8. Sam Dickinson
9. Zayne Parekh
10. Beckett Sennecke
11. Anton Silayev
12. Konsta Helenius
13. Jett Luchanko
14. Cole Eiserman
15. Trevor Connelly
16. Carter Yakemchuk

Reactions: Wally1112pac

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I’m picking Demi at 2 and a RHD at 18 or try moving up from 18 to get a RHD.

I have a bad feeling taking Lev at 2. I’ll admit Ive never seen any full games of his but his highlight reel is as milquetoast as it comes.

You should listen to Wheeler and Pronman's latest podcast.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
If we can get Luchanko at 18 I'll be very happy.
Fine middle sixer.

Biggest problem for me is that he just doesn't shoot. He constantly differs the puck any chance he gets. I get really annoyed watching these types of players (remember Schmaltz?) so if the Blackhawks draft him, I would hope that he learns to take initiative more.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
One can be but the fridge hasn't gaslit anyone to the best of my knowledge. A smart ass that can get under your skin? For sure. I'm guilty of that from time to time. This might just be me being extra sensitive to the accusation because it was levied at me recently and it was unfounded but it's an extremely bad thing to do and I don't like the word being thrown around as freely as it is.

I'm so sorry about your feelings.

Idionym

Apr 6, 2015
Chicago
Unless they go significantly off the board I can't imagine being too mad about either #2 or #18. Probably the only pick at 18 that I'd be actively mad about would be Connelly but I really doubt that happens.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
My top 16 heading into tonight. Hopefully we can get 2 of these guys.
Based purely on their abilities, no injuries, off-ice issues, etc are taken into account. Not a mock, just based off of talent.

1. Macklin Celebrini
2. Ivan Demidov
3. Tij Iginla
4. Cayden Lindstrom
5. Berkly Catton
6. Zeev Buium
7. Artyom Levshunov
8. Sam Dickinson
9. Zayne Parekh
10. Beckett Sennecke
11. Anton Silayev
12. Konsta Helenius
13. Jett Luchanko
14. Cole Eiserman
15. Trevor Connelly
16. Carter Yakemchuk
Would you take Connelly at 18 over a forward like MBN or Hage, or a d-man like Stolberg?

Last edited:

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
So reach on Lev and draft a guy who projects as most likely a 3rd liner

Wonderful draft

If you throw away #2 pick to grab safe pick you cant justify doing same with #18

Luchanko has been gaining steam in the 2nd half of the season and is coming off a strong U18s. Who would you rather have, exactly?

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Would the 18th, 34th, and 50 be enough to move to 10?
18 & 34 are a very slight overpay (like a late 3rd), so then it becomes what else do you have to pay. I might try hanging onto #50 and instead try offering #67, but absolutely would do that deal if push came to shove and take Demidov at 2 and hope one of Yacemchuk or Parkeh make it to 10 and have your self a hell of a draft.

Reactions: EddieTheEagle

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Fine middle sixer.

Biggest problem for me is that he just doesn't shoot. He constantly differs the puck any chance he gets. I get really annoyed watching these types of players (remember Schmaltz?) so if the Blackhawks draft him, I would hope that he learns to take initiative more.
If you get a fine middle sixer at eighteen that's a really good pick.

Geoist

May 1, 2015
You're going to levy the charge, you provide the evidence. Simple task Geo. Hop to.

I provided a list of Lev's ranking to demonstrate he is all over the place in rankings. You gaslit by claiming the list proves otherwise.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
My favorite thing about the draft is hearing some guys names for the first time and how bad I butchered the pronunciation all year in my head when reading the names.
For some reason I was convinced Boisvert was pronounced boyce-vert up until about a month ago lmao

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
My favorite thing about the draft is hearing some guys names for the first time and how bad I butchered the pronunciation all year in my head when reading the names.
I refuse to learn how to say Buium’s name because it will never top how I say it in my head

Reactions: Styles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad