Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
If there's a way to do it, I think my ideal at this point would be to go Bertuzzi, Sprong and Dillon.

Not because I think they are the ideal adds (your defensive acumen on the top six would take a serious nosedive)... But because we know Bertuzzi gives you some nasty in your top six and works with Zacha and Pasta, Sprong gives you speed and a nose for the net and Dillon gives the blueline some backbone. And (fingers crossed) we could still add all three much needed elements and stay cap compliant.

Save moving more players out, I don't see another combination that could realistically still give you all three.

And I'm not all too confident even this would fit.
Yeah, but I don't want Bertuzzi back. His representatives did not deal honestly with the Bruins, or at least it seems that way.

He's also a defensive liability.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Korp still makes no sense and they haven’t come out and talked about the player similar to Martin Jones. I know we aren’t getting a first or anything of value for him but maybe there is a deal in the works of some kind.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Yeah, but I don't want Bertuzzi back. His representatives did not deal honestly with the Bruins, or at least it seems that way.

He's also a defensive liability.
Oh believe me. I get it.

I just don't see a lot of options. Lindholm was a big time pass from me before we cut $2M off the expected space. Even worse idea now as anyone signed at that salary level prevents a hole from being filled elsewhere.

Or do you sign a guy like Joshua and hope that between him and Frederic, one of them could fill the void on LW1? Something like:

Joshua/Frederic - Zacha - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Marchessault
Joshua/Frederic - Poitras - Geekie

I think we see eye to eye on the requirement of some nasty in the top six. Not sure the answer is easy.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

This is my lottery ticket if he’s still available when we pick. I don’t pretend to be a scout but I targeted a few Guelph games the last few years mostly for Poitras reasons and obviously last year he wasn’t there but those games always seem exciting to me so I watched a few again this year and this kid stood out to me ..

Speedy two way and with nice vision was playing right point like Krech did on PP a few times as well..

Maybe Dom watched him too and would have a better or more accurate report but I like what I saw..

IF memory serves me correct I thought Poitras and him even hooked up for a sweet play against Owen Sound.

Reactions: neelynugs

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I think I prefer Stephenson to Lindholm anyway
I do too. But is he the answer at 1C?

Would definitely add a speed element to that line. But if you play him in his ideal spot on the second line, that displaces Coyle and doesn't actually fill a hole.

What do you think? Could Stephenson be a fit on the top line?

Reactions: CDJ

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
as someone else eluded to, Jeff Skinner has a high probability of being bought out in Buffalo (heard it on sportsnet today as well) ... I'm sure he wouldn't mind to be back in a winning culture....sign on the cheap and replace JDBs goal scoring production. If he gets bought out I target him and E. Lindholm.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
as someone else eluded to, Jeff Skinner has a high probability of being bought out in Buffalo (heard it on sportsnet today as well) ... I'm sure he wouldn't mind to be back in a winning culture....sign on the cheap and replace JDBs goal scoring production. If he gets bought out I target him and E. Lindholm.

Skinner has never played a playoff game in his entire career. I pass on him

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So... Where do we go from here?

We still have two holes in the top six and another one at defense. Depending on what Swayman signs for, we may have $13M-$14M to spend. Works out to $4M - $5M a player.

If you drop $8M on one of them, it essentially leaves you with making one more quality addition and either promoting a yute, or signing a depth player.

So where do you skimp? Or do you do something else drastic?
Sweeney's done 2 drastic moves in 2 years, things run in three's. I expect one more head scratcher (at least).

Last edited:
Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad