Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Can someone confirm so I don’t start talking out my ***.

Bussi is on the big club at the start of training camp, yes? At which he is waiver eligible. So he is immediately susceptible to waivers prior to the start of the season?

If the above is accurate, I don’t see why Sweeney would bother signing the kid then picking up Korpi. There’s another shoe to drop imo. Unless he risks losing him OR runs three tenders which I really doubt

Reactions: capecodder

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire

Bussi is on the big club at the start of training camp, yes? At which he is waiver eligible. So he is immediately susceptible to waivers prior to the start of the season?

If the above is accurate, I don’t see why Sweeney would bother signing the kid then picking up Korpi. There’s another shoe to drop imo. Unless he risks losing him OR runs three tenders which I really doubt
If he is sent to Providence as a Training camp cut he must pass through waivers.

Reactions: JCRO

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC

You are correct nothing seems to make sense

Reactions: capecodder and JCRO

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Seeing as they signed Bussi to a two-way deal tells me that they don't feel like he was going to be a lock for the NHL roster. Two-way tells me that they expect he's going to be in the AHL and they don't want to pay him $775k to play in the AHL.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Just got to say…..not moving Ullmark for futures is really going to make it tough to produce my preferred lineup of…

Marchand Lindholm Pasta
Guentzel Zacha Tarasenko
Frederic Coyle Geekie
Beecher Kastelic Brazeau

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
I say they do Lindholm and maybe Dillon. Doesnt help the added scoring we need. There is always 25-26. Nothing exciting about this team.

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I say they do Lindholm and maybe Dillon. Doesnt help the added scoring we need. There is always 25-26. Nothing exciting about this team.

Given the money limitation I will be very surprised if they go and pick up a 4 million dollar 3rd pairing defenseman. I think they add a Shattenkirk type (meaning older vet), who signs for 1-1.5 million. Preferable someone who is more physical to compete with Wotherspoon, and provide depth

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Can they fit Swayman, Toffoli or Laine, Lindholm with the cap money we have? I doubt it but want to know what others think.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Better?

Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 4.56.17 PM.png

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Can they fit Swayman, Toffoli or Laine, Lindholm with the cap money we have? I doubt it but want to know what others think.

Not likely. I'd think you're looking at $15 million for Swayman and Lindholm. CF has Boston at $21.6 million in cap space as of today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad