Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Not likely. I'd think you're looking at $15 million for Swayman and Lindholm. CF has Boston at $21.6 million in cap space as of today.

And they need to have about 5 people signed even if a couple are around a million. Plus hopefully they have cushion in the 600K to 1M range for the season, so they don't have to play with their hands tied like they did last year when Beecher was sent down because someone else was 120K cheeper

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I wonder if we make Freddy available

I think it is possible with Freddie or geekie, especially if their extension desires are too high. Problem is, it is really, really hard to find replacements for both player who aren't either a downgrade, or simply more expensive.

Especially where they don't have an in house solution to replace either from the minors

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think it is possible with Freddie or geekie, especially if their extension desires are too high. Problem is, it is really, really hard to find replacements for both player who aren't either a downgrade, or simply more expensive.
Freddy being an ufa next season is why I mentioned him. He has another season like the last two or better he will price himself out

I hope not. He's part of the long term core for me.
Yes, I'm a Freddy guy as well

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Joys of being a fan. Went from high of past few days thinking of possibilities. Lots of Cap and a valuable asset to move that wouldn’t hurt too much (we’ll miss Linus no doubt). Now i am full of questions regarding how we address some obvious holes.

I fear that 4 by $3M will be a logjam to a number of possible solutions.

Hope the 25OA nets something good. If not. Well, I don’t know.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Joys of being a fan. Went from high of past few days thinking of possibilities. Lots of Cap and a valuable asset to move that wouldn’t hurt too much (we’ll miss Linus no doubt). Now i am full of questions regarding how we address some obvious holes.

I fear that 4 by $3M will be a logjam to a number of possible solutions.

Hope the 25OA nets something good. If not. Well, I don’t know.
Friday night at 730 we will all be excited with have a first, and Monday at 12:01 we will welcome Lindholm, so 2 out of 3 won't be so bad

Reactions: sarge88

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
So... Where do we go from here?

We still have two holes in the top six and another one at defense. Depending on what Swayman signs for, we may have $13M-$14M to spend. Works out to $4M - $5M a player.

If you drop $8M on one of them, it essentially leaves you with making one more quality addition and either promoting a yute, or signing a depth player.

So where do you skimp? Or do you do something else drastic?

Taking back 2 horrific players (one being an atrocious contract) is making our situation even worse. We needed every single penny to get Swayman extension, a borderline #1 center, top 6 forward (JDB's replacement), a top 4 dman (I still don't think Lohrei is ready for top 4 duties) and some energy for the 4th line.

Right now I don't have a clue what they are going to do, but I suspect they are not going after the best centers available (Lindholm/Stephenson). Maybe they try Duchene? Definitely a cheaper option (5M give or take?), but still far better than Coyle/Zacha. Then let's say $6M for a good top 6 RW. Those "3 signings" pretty much are going to eat all available cap space, so no upgrade on defense or 3rd/4th lines. Overall, I'd say a slightly better team and a second round exit.

Reactions: sarge88 and Bodit9

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I think we’re more likely to see a Stephenson/Monahan level center. Especially if they look for a JDB replacement as well

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Friday night at 730 we will all be excited with have a first, and Monday at 12:01 we will welcome Lindholm, so 2 out of 3 won't be so bad
God I hope so, Lou!!!

What i really hope is that Friday at 8:30 we’ll be thrilled with pick.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Reactions: PepeBostones

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
So now Ullmark is no more with the team, Bruins dont get a lot more cap space for ufa, that could have been great, we get the worst goalie of the league at 3milx4years and a 4th liner we dont need and a late first pick on a weak draft...so Bs are worse after traded one of the best goalie of the league...be ready for the july first and dont expect home run Sweeny like 3mil bad assets and we re gonna be served i feel it

BruinsJoe

Sep 29, 2020
Dom now do you have to do a list of possible Bruins targets with that 25 pick?
probably way off the board...i guess

I sign Monahan and Bertuzzi

Bertuzzi - Zacha - Pastrnak
Marchand - Monahan - Lysell
Frederic - Coyle - Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau
Zacha is not a center and with a guy like Monahan on the team he will not stick there long time

remer

Oct 18, 2005
So we have about $21M left in cap?
My guess is:
Lindholm ($7.5M)
Swayman ($7.5M)
Heinen ($3M)
And fill the rest with plugs.
How about trading some players for draft picks. Sweeney likes to give draft picks away like candy but can't seem to receive any. Bringing on a bad backup goalie for 3 million for 4 years does not seem like a smart idea. Bringing on another 4th liner is useless. Maybe package up some players that are not needed. Very discussed with this team management.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad