Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I would sign Lindholm if possible, Skinner as mentioned above, if bought out would be a great option, and you promote one of Lysell or Merkulov to the big club. Then you sign a third pair D for a reasonable amount, and its good.
You don't promote anyone, like the military you must earn your promotion.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If there's a way to do it, I think my ideal at this point would be to go Bertuzzi, Sprong and Dillon.

Not because I think they are the ideal adds (your defensive acumen on the top six would take a serious nosedive)... But because we know Bertuzzi gives you some nasty in your top six and works with Zacha and Pasta, Sprong gives you speed and a nose for the net and Dillon gives the blueline some backbone. And (fingers crossed) we could still add all three much needed elements and stay cap compliant.

Save moving more players out, I don't see another combination that could realistically still give you all three.

And I'm not all too confident even this would fit.
Possibly.

About 24 million if they have Korpisalo in AHL and Bussi in NHL (500k or so less if Korpisalo is in NHL)

8m for Swayman
5.5 for Bertuzzi
4m for Sprong
4m for Dillon

21.5m Whether that lineup is better than this year's I guess depends on how good Poitras and Lohrei are. Still a team with a hole in the middle.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I still like the idea of going after a guy like Vrana. Could start out 3rd line, but has the upside of a 2nd liner if he can get back on track.
He has skill, and if his issues do not come into play he is worth a taking a flyer on, not going to kill you cap wise .

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I hope Ullmark goes 4-0 against us next year. f***ing Sweeney (again). Sure, he can “flip Korpisalo“. Only going to cost us the first to do so.

I'd love to see that happen and then the shots of Neely chucking water bottles at the wall. Would be hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You don't promote anyone, like the military you must earn your promotion.

Well we know that isn't always true, don't we. Plenty of people in the military I served in "earned" it merely by being not shitty in grade for a specified amount of time. Anyway, Bruins are going to need to make a move with these young offensive talent at a time when they need help. There is nothing wrong with starting one of them out on the main roster and seeing what you've got, especially if there are no better options available. If they are shit, they can always be sent down and replaced by Danton Heinen.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I still like the idea of going after a guy like Vrana. Could start out 3rd line, but has the upside of a 2nd liner if he can get back on track.
I like him, someone else mentioned Sprong too, would add some much needed speed and depth scoring.

Reactions: ylekot

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Possibly.

About 24 million if they have Korpisalo in AHL and Bussi in NHL (500k or so less if Korpisalo is in NHL)

8m for Swayman
5.5 for Bertuzzi
4m for Sprong
4m for Dillon

21.5m Whether that lineup is better than this year's I guess depends on how good Poitras and Lohrei are. Still a team with a hole in the middle.

Alternatively, you sign E Lindholm for 7 or whatever, pay Bert that rate, start the year with Lysell on the wing, and sign someone cheaper than Dillon for the back end.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
One feather in the Bruins cap that might make this work is their recent history of picking up goalies and getting good value out of them: Halak, Ullmark, Khodobin. They even made Svedberg look good. Whether it's good coaching or the system, the Bruins are pretty sharp when picking goalies.

That was with Bergeron and Krejci at center. We saw what the impact was last year
without them, so that isn't going to be as true with Korpisalo.

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Possibly.

8m for Swayman
5.5 for Bertuzzi
4m for Sprong
4m for Dillon

Swayman made $3.5 last year and you are looking to pay him $8 so thats an extra $4.5 next year not an extra $8 unless I am seeing something wrong.

4.5m for Swayman
8m for Lindholm
6m for Toffoli or 5m for Laine
4m for Dillon

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If you could get CBJ to retain on Laine enough to get him to $5 million and they'd take Lysell + 2nd + 3rd....

Sign Sway for 8yr / $7.5 million
Sign Lindholm for 7yr / $8 million

Zacha - Lindholm - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Laine
Frederic - Poitras - Geekie
Beecher - Kastelic - Brazeau

Lindholm - McAvoy
Lohrei - Carlo
Wotherspoon - Peeke

Swayman
Korpisalo

Extra: Lauko / ??? / ???

^This would leave the Bruins with roughly $2.6 million in cap space to fill the last two slots

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That was with Bergeron and Krejci at center. We saw what the impact was last year
without them, so that isn't going to be as true with Korpisalo.
even so, i wouldn't be totally shocked if Korp comes in and is .910 + save percentage and gets 25-30 starts winning 15+ games.

Reactions: dangermike

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Swayman made $3.5 last year and you are looking to pay him $8 so thats an extra $4.5 next year not an extra $8 unless I am seeing something wrong.

4.5m for Swayman
8m for Lindholm
6m for Toffoli
4m for Dillon

I think it's 24 million in space with Swayman not having a contract.

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

4.5m for Swayman
8m for Lindholm
6m for Toffoli or 5m for Laine
4m for Dillon
His last year's salary have nothing to do with how much cap room they have right now. Right now he is zero on the cap and they have 21m with some minor tweaks here and there (only having 2 goalies on the roster, Brown in the AHL) they'd have about 24m- with which to sign Swayman and add 2 or 3 Fs and 1 more D.

Alternatively, you sign E Lindholm for 7 or whatever, pay Bert that rate, start the year with Lysell on the wing, and sign someone cheaper than Dillon for the back end.
I like the idea of signing Lindholm better for this year and next, but the price tag is going to be more than 7 and the term on it would probably make me stay away.

Reactions: Tommy Tubs

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
His last year's salary have nothing to do with how much cap room they have right now. Right now he is zero on the cap and they have 21m with some minor tweaks here and there (only having 2 goalies on the roster, Brown in the AHL) they'd have about 24m- with which to sign Swayman and add 2 or 3 Fs and 1 more D.

I like the idea of signing Lindholm better for this year and next, but the price tag is going to be more than 7 and the term on it would probably make me stay away.
If true, good to know.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
We will likely have roughly 13.5-14.5 to work with once Swayman is signed to aquire a top 6 C, top 6 W, and a LD

• Wow
Reactions: Bodit9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: