Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread II

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
FWIW, according to fluto, no plans to buy out or trade korpisalo...

Not sure what it's worth to be honest. Sweeney never says anything about what his real ideas are, and team representative means what, exactly? Assistant equipment guy? Summer video intern? I would expect Korpi's agent to say something like that, regardless of whether it is accurate or not.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Oh believe me. I get it.

I just don't see a lot of options. Lindholm was a big time pass from me before we cut $2M off the expected space. Even worse idea now as anyone signed at that salary level prevents a hole from being filled elsewhere.

Or do you sign a guy like Joshua and hope that between him and Frederic, one of them could fill the void on LW1? Something like:

Joshua/Frederic - Zacha - Pastrnak
Marchand - Coyle - Marchessault
Joshua/Frederic - Poitras - Geekie

I think we see eye to eye on the requirement of some nasty in the top six. Not sure the answer is easy.

Yes.

I am not an expert.

I don't know a thing, literally, about Joshua.

Marchessault, like Lindholm, is a stop gap measure. Go ahead and do it for smart dollars, but neither will be with the Bruins three years hence.

Pray tell, who's Mr. Nasty in the top six? The bottom six? The D corps?

It's a joke.

A well known joke.

I like Pat Maroon. I do.

But he's 34 and at the end of the line. If he plays for the B's next season, I expect we'll see a better player removed from back injury. But, please, next season at most.

I realize many here tire of tedious outrage about the Soft As Charmin (TM) Bruins.

I realize that "in today's NHL," speed and skill are paramount.

Nonetheless, what some here fail to realize is that the winning playoff equation 'twas ever thus: speed, skill and physicality.

For perhaps the thousandth time, these qualities are not mutually exclusive.

They go together, hand in glove.

That does not necessarily mean (though I wouldn't mind) launching a guy into the first row or a deliciously truculent after the whistle scrum.

It can be as simple, and effective, as the Panthers made it: Attack, Attack, Attack. Relentless forecheck, punishing, follow through checking *every time.*

Make 'em pay. Run 'em scared.

This is, again, not rocket science.

I don't understand the objection to this brand of hockey.

It works. It's always worked. It worked recently.

Is there a chair here I can talk to?

Doubtless the fancy stat fanboys will charge in, armed as always with useless graphs, tedious mathematics, and inane "analysis," and all the rest.

Wake me when it's over.

🌜🛌💤

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Marchessault, like Lindholm, is a stop gap measure. Go ahead and do it for smart dollars, but neither will be with the Bruins three years hence.

Pray tell, who's Mr. Nasty in the top six? The bottom six? The D corps?
Why would Lindholm not be here in 3 years? He's 29.

Who was Mr Nasty in the Panthers defense? Or the Oilers?

You don't think Kastelic is a Mr. Nasty add to the bottom6?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Swayman $7,000,000
Lindholm $7,000,000
Laine $4,400,000
Stamkos $4,000,000
Skinner $3,000,000

If those numbers are what they are against the cap, where do you spend? $21,500,000 to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad