2025 NHL Draft Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Usually a player who has outperformed in U12 / U13 / U14 international tournament stands out. But these competitions did not take place last year.

Jordan Gavin doesn't appear to be a number 1 because too many 2006 players are better than him.

Looking at the statistics from the U12 international tournament played in 2019, Ryan Roobroeck seems the best 07 by far. But he was born after September 15, 2007. So he is only eligible in 2026.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Oqras

Jan 30, 2019
Carson Mussell is a kid I see have the potential to be a top pick. Great speed and size on him. From Ontario.

Amppuu31

May 7, 2021
From playing in this age class in South-Western Finland, I have to point out a few players. First is a player whom I hate but have the utmost respect towards, Julius Hyyppä. He is deaf, which makes him very special but it’s definetly a disadvantage. Maybe the best skating I’ve ever played against. Secondly Luca Laine. He’s on my team, but I have to tell you, he has got the drive to kill a man. He trains maybe too much. He ran 3 km in like 10 and a half minutes and is an amazing d-man. And third from Ässät Aleksi Juusela and Luukas Koski. They put up more points than is legal I think. In possibly the most challenging tournament of 2020 in Finland, their line put up 99 points in 12 games I think it was and they won the tournament. Especially Juusela is kind of a joke with how good he is against some weaker opponents. So yeah

• Wow

Amppuu31

May 7, 2021
1. He scores almost every game, kinda my kryptonite. 2. I’m not quite sure. There’s always someone translating everything into sign language when coaches talk to him etc. So I guess he’s not 100% with how good he is, but really don’t know for sure.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Haha that's how I feel every year these threads pop up. I've never understood the need to discuss a kid until they are 2-3 years away from being drafted.
im never sure why someone clicks on something they say they are not interested in and then shoots the thread down...it is fun to do this and always good to start with some names for the future.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
From Germany:

Tom Fitschen
Clemens Seeger
Jan Arngold
Denis Root
Tim Otterstätter
Leon Schaab
Elias Aul
Finn Serikow
Samuel Keppel
Julian Deimann
Maximilian Sterz

Last edited:
Reactions: JabbaJabba

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Talking about kids before some of them have even hit puberty... lmao.
Why even make comments like this? What are you trying to achieve?

This is a prospect hockey website.

We’re the 1% of hockey fans. We want to know what’s coming up the pipeline.

Connor Bédard was first mentioned in here when he was a 12 year old, McDavid even younger.

In 10 years time when this draft class has come and gone, it will be fun to look back at it.

Don’t bother coming into this thread, under the prospects form on a hockey prospect website if you’re not going to contribute anything meaningful to the conversation.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Talking about kids before some of them have even hit puberty... lmao.

NHL scouts start being aware of top talent as 14-15-16 years olds, and draft them into the NHL when they are 17.

Midget AAA and Major Juniors in general are aware of kids as young as 11-12

The pressure on these kids comes from their parents, the coaches, the managers and the scouts, sometimes at a very young age. Not from us on message boards. Kids don't read HF these days anyway. They are on TikTok and Instagram

SwissMountaineer

Mar 13, 2019
I've seen a steady decline in the skill-level over the years. 2006 is a very solid year, 2007 laaaaaame, 2008, 2009 even lamer. It seems every year the parents get more protective, and the kids become lazier, less capable - which is probably a direct results of the parents being... well.. a-holes with no life experience. There are VERY few players at least in Europe, who would have "the fire" in their eyes towards hockey. The future looks very grim. I hope I'm VERY wrong here.

But yeah, 2024 draft will kick ass. 2025 not so much. But more than 2026.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
I've seen a steady decline in the skill-level over the years. 2006 is a very solid year, 2007 laaaaaame, 2008, 2009 even lamer. It seems every year the parents get more protective, and the kids become lazier, less capable - which is probably a direct results of the parents being... well.. a-holes with no life experience. There are VERY few players at least in Europe, who would have "the fire" in their eyes towards hockey. The future looks very grim. I hope I'm VERY wrong here.

But yeah, 2024 draft will kick ass. 2025 not so much. But more than 2026.

How about the 2032 draft? Heard they're great.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Imagine if Chase Jette could skate really fast.

It would be Usain Bolt all over again on the ice.

No way can you Chase a Jette.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad