2025 NHL Draft Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I've seen a steady decline in the skill-level over the years. 2006 is a very solid year, 2007 laaaaaame, 2008, 2009 even lamer. It seems every year the parents get more protective, and the kids become lazier, less capable - which is probably a direct results of the parents being... well.. a-holes with no life experience. There are VERY few players at least in Europe, who would have "the fire" in their eyes towards hockey. The future looks very grim. I hope I'm VERY wrong here.

But yeah, 2024 draft will kick ass. 2025 not so much. But more than 2026.
So you've seen all the '07,'08 and '09's in the world?

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Oh, god, here we go again. Do you want to know what the worst part of these threads are?

It's all the wisenheimers that come on hear to make jokes and denigrate the posters who want to talk about young, standout hockey players. Imagine that! Talking about potential future NHLers on a site called Hockey's Future? What is the internet coming to?

As for those who say it's too early? Well, as long as the information shared here is publicly available and does not violate privacy laws, I see no problem with discussing it. Kids from around the world go to high-level hockey tournaments as young as 11 and 12 years old. These tournaments keeps stats and put them on websites. The players know this and the parents know this. If they had a problem with it, they either wouldn't go to the tournament or they would ask the organizers to stop. So, if you have a problem with that, get the WSI organizers to stop hosting these tournaments or go clutch your pearls somewhere else.

The wisenheimers never have anything intelligent to say either, like "Keep things in perspective" or even "He has a lot of developing left to do, a lot can change" it's always an attempt to shut it down and they pretend they are know-it-alls when some of the kids that are talked about in threads like this don't become stars. Guess what? Saying a kid won't become an NHL star is like the house in Vegas saying you're not going to win at roulette. The odds are greatly stacked in your favour, so that doesn't make you some kind of expert. Your comments are also boring as hell.

What is interesting, though, is trying to find out if there is anything about young players that is predictive ... things that we can look for and watch as they develop that teach us something about the development of hockey players. /rant

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Oh, god, here we go again. Do you want to know what the worst part of these threads are?

It's all the wisenheimers that come on hear to make jokes and denigrate the posters who want to talk about young, standout hockey players. Imagine that! Talking about potential future NHLers on a site called Hockey's Future? What is the internet coming to?

As for those who say it's too early? Well, as long as the information shared here is publicly available and does not violate privacy laws, I see no problem with discussing it. Kids from around the world go to high-level hockey tournaments as young as 11 and 12 years old. These tournaments keeps stats and put them on websites. The players know this and the parents know this. If they had a problem with it, they either wouldn't go to the tournament or they would ask the organizers to stop. So, if you have a problem with that, get the WSI organizers to stop hosting these tournaments or go clutch your pearls somewhere else.

The wisenheimers never have anything intelligent to say either, like "Keep things in perspective" or even "He has a lot of developing left to do, a lot can change" it's always an attempt to shut it down and they pretend they are know-it-alls when some of the kids that are talked about in threads like this don't become stars. Guess what? Saying a kid won't become an NHL star is like the house in Vegas saying you're not going to win at roulette. The odds are greatly stacked in your favour, so that doesn't make you some kind of expert. Your comments are also boring as hell.

What is interesting, though, is trying to find out if there is anything about young players that is predictive ... things that we can look for and watch as they develop that teach us something about the development of hockey players. /rant

I have to admit that I always have mixed feeling about threads like this.

Yes it's interesting and can be informative but when conclusions start being made 2,3 or 4 years before their drafts it can a bit like the news media breaking news without context and the rush to be first denigrates the quality or the reporting.

That being said, when we get scouting reports I feel satisfied by reading the threads.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
I have to admit that I always have mixed feeling about threads like this.

Yes it's interesting and can be informative but when conclusions start being made 2,3 or 4 years before their drafts it can a bit like the news media breaking news without context and the rush to be first denigrates the quality or the reporting.

That being said, when we get scouting reports I feel satisfied by reading the threads.
Yes, there is a difference between "He is one of the top prospects identified for that draft year" and "He is a lock to go No. 1." I'm not interested in any mock drafts until the actual draft year -- and usually not until after the season has started.

What a lot of people forget is that the 2007 birth year players are being scouted this year. The WHL (which drafts a year earlier than other CHL leagues), prep schools, college teams -- they are all trying to gauge the talent from this birth year during this upcoming season.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I like to read the individual takes about players. I agree that you can be well informed about some of these kids years in advance of being drafted.

What I don’t agree with are these mock drafts like 3-4 years in advance. There are so many players at that point that you don’t know about. It’s also nearly impossible to accurately discuss strengths of a draft when you haven’t seen most of the full draft class play yet.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Pobezal stands out to me a lot with the U18 project, but I’m not sure I would call him a top prospect, more so just interesting to follow right now. 3 pts in 6 matches in Slovakia2. Projecting along the lines of Chromiak imo

JapanesePopstar

Sep 29, 2021
Draft 2027 (!)
image.jpg
That info is wrong. He's definitely born 2007, not 2009.
Konstantin Hutzinger at eliteprospects.com
Right now the one Austrian worth mentioning in regard to this draft.

Reactions: czech

scout718

Dec 24, 2020
Something is wrong. Usually, 5 years before particular NHL draft, we already have some names, that were thrown into discussion (McDavid, Lafreniere, Shane Whright, Connor Bedard...). But for year 2025 still nothing.
Or is there some wonder-kid?

From Finland i have seen some pretty good players born in 2007. For example some forwards: Rasmus Kämäräinen (Jokerit), Niklas Grandell (Jokerit), Jasper Inkinen (Lukko), Aleksi Juusela (Ässät), Oiva Piipponen (TPS) and Urho Mattila (Kärpät). Best dmans from Finland are Alvar Ervasti (Kärpät) and Aaron Paju (TPS).

Reactions: FINJuniors

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
From Finland i have seen some pretty good players born in 2007. For example some forwards: Rasmus Kämäräinen (Jokerit), Niklas Grandell (Jokerit), Jasper Inkinen (Lukko), Aleksi Juusela (Ässät), Oiva Piipponen (TPS) and Urho Mattila (Kärpät). Best dmans from Finland are Alvar Ervasti (Kärpät) and Aaron Paju (TPS).
Jan chovan ?

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021
It is way too early to take this seriously but Jordan Gavin is a late 06 who could be an early pick at the WHL Bantam Draft next year.
he has been drafted to Tri-City btw, he looks very skilled though. One of the players who look like can be a top end pick for 2025 but its 3-4 years out so there's alot that can change

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
Pobezal is a top 10 talent imo. His production in Slovakia2 is about equivalent to a 0.9-PPG pace in the OHL. Plus a natural Center as well who play all situations

I think the same. In that list I see many Czech and Slovak players overrated but that´s not a case of Pobezal. I saw most of his games this season and he is amazing. And his hand-eye coordination is very special, one of the best at a young player I´ve ever seen. It´s like Crosby-esque.

Reactions: hellwar9

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

It's funny as I have never heard of the term wisenheimers despite being of German heritage and ironically I find that I resemble that remark.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think the same. In that list I see many Czech and Slovak players overrated but that´s not a case of Pobezal. I saw most of his games this season and he is amazing. And his hand-eye coordination is very special, one of the best at a young player I´ve ever seen. It´s like Crosby-esque.

Someone to keep an eye on for sure.

For a country of 5 million people , Slovakia sure seems to be pumping out talent recently.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sponsor
Aug 16, 2015
Aaron Obobaifo looks like one to watch from Western Canada. Now playing at Shattuck.

I saw him in PeeWee and my mind was blown. Was single-handedly taking down entire teams of “chosen ones” in Calgary PeeWee AA. Think I heard he was a super late starter and a multi sport kid.

And he totally showed up a 2006 kid while playing at Edge School who ended up being a 2nd rounder in the WHL draft.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I saw him in PeeWee and my mind was blown. Was single-handedly taking down entire teams of “chosen ones” in Calgary PeeWee AA. Think I heard he was a super late starter and a multi sport kid.

And he totally showed up a 2006 kid while playing at Edge School who ended up being a 2nd rounder in the WHL draft.

As far as I can tell he hasn't been drafted in the Dub yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad