2025 NHL Draft Prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
No idea. Just have seen a bunch of NE Pack games because of where I coach. The only thing I do know is Logan Cooley is his cousin
Nice. My kid is an 09 and there is a Mooney that is one of the top kids in the country and plays for the Pens. Must be related.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Wow that's brutal, give the kid some time lol
It definitely is too early but that's just the current situation, I guess. Next season will be more insightful because it's the first national team season and also a season for the strong benchmark of playing in Finnish u-18s at an u-16 age, but as of right now, there's no one with scoring that significantly stands out. I'm not sure when the last time was that it looked this bad...

Thomas Chathoot

Dec 12, 2021
Michael Misa
Jordan Gavin

These two are the two players I think will continue to be two of the highest in the draft.
Some other guys I think could go top 10 are
Anton Frondell
Victor Eklund
Malcolm Spence
LJ Mooney
William Moore

Gabriel Daigle is also a really good goalie prospect. Probably the next best goalie prospect from the CHL since Dustin Wolf who I think has elite potential

Some other guys who are worth mentioning are Adam Benak, Kale Dach, Nathan Lecompte, Brady Martin, Cole Reschny, Tomas Pobezal, Zachary Morin, Will Sharpe, Henry Brzustewicz, James Hagens, Jakob Ihs Wozniak and some others. Misa getting exceptional status into the OHL makes this exciting

Reactions: Dominance

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Here is a rough list of guys that I have for expect to be near the top for 2025.

Michael Misa
James Hagens
John Mooney
William Moore
Tomas Pobezal
Owen Griffin
Logan Hensler
Jan Chovan
Filip Ekberg
Anton Frondell
Malcolm Spence
Gabriel D'Aigle
Atte Uusikartano
Victor Eklund
Adam Benak
Jordan Gavin
Masun Fleece
Vyacheslav Vasiliyev
Jami Kakranen
Zach Morin
Nathan Lecompte
Jackson Smith
Artyom Akhmadullin
Brady Martin
Malachi McKinnon
Liam Kilfoil

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA
Michael Misa
Jordan Gavin

These two are the two players I think will continue to be two of the highest in the draft.
Some other guys I think could go top 10 are
Anton Frondell
Victor Eklund
Malcolm Spence
LJ Mooney
William Moore

Gabriel Daigle is also a really good goalie prospect. Probably the next best goalie prospect from the CHL since Dustin Wolf who I think has elite potential

Some other guys who are worth mentioning are Adam Benak, Kale Dach, Nathan Lecompte, Brady Martin, Cole Reschny, Tomas Pobezal, Zachary Morin, Will Sharpe, Henry Brzustewicz, James Hagens, Jakob Ihs Wozniak and some others. Misa getting exceptional status into the OHL makes this exciting

Here is a rough list of guys that I have for expect to be near the top for 2025.

Michael Misa
James Hagens
John Mooney
William Moore
Tomas Pobezal
Owen Griffin
Logan Hensler
Jan Chovan
Filip Ekberg
Anton Frondell
Malcolm Spence
Gabriel D'Aigle
Atte Uusikartano
Victor Eklund
Adam Benak
Jordan Gavin
Masun Fleece
Vyacheslav Vasiliyev
Jami Kakranen
Zach Morin
Nathan Lecompte
Jackson Smith
Artyom Akhmadullin
Brady Martin
Malachi McKinnon
Liam Kilfoil
Surprised no mention of Roger McQueen from either of you

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
This is my current Top 10 of German prospects for this draft.

1. Gustavs Griva
  2. Rihards Griva
  3. Carlos Händel
  4. David Lewandowski
  5. Mateu Späth Mariscal
  6. Dustin Willhöft
  7. Elias Schneider
  8. Max Bleicher
  9. Nikita Kessler
  10. Maxim Schäfer
It's still very early, but this will likely be our best group since the 2020 draft, although probably still not anywhere close to that one.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

1. Gustavs Griva
  2. Rihards Griva
  3. Carlos Händel
  4. David Lewandowski
  5. Mateu Späth Mariscal
  6. Dustin Willhöft
  7. Elias Schneider
  8. Max Bleicher
  9. Nikita Kessler
  10. Maxim Schäfer
It's still very early, but this will likely be our best group since the 2020 draft, although probably still not anywhere close to that one.
Just the fact that Kessler #9 speaks volumes in my opinion.

Thing is though - I don’t disagree... Great class from the outside looking in.

Reactions: Maverick41

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

1. Gustavs Griva
  2. Rihards Griva
  3. Carlos Händel
  4. David Lewandowski
  5. Mateu Späth Mariscal
  6. Dustin Willhöft
  7. Elias Schneider
  8. Max Bleicher
  9. Nikita Kessler
  10. Maxim Schäfer
What are the Griva brothers like?

Hopefully the German/Latvia equivalent to the Sedins....

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
What are the Griva brothers like?

Hopefully the German/Latvia equivalent to the Sedins....

The Sedins are of course miles away for those two, in terms of how good they will likely be, but they do have some amazing chemistry.
And it seems almost like it does not matter who the third guy on the line is. They seem to click with anyone. Mostly I have seen them on the U16 and U17 national teams, where they were centered by David Lewandwoski, for the most part and those 3 together were just fun to watch.

The Grivas are good but not great (yet) skaters, very creative, great passers and puckhandlers, their shots are lacking some consistency, but I would not call them a weakness. And they do seem to play with some edge at times. They are not afraid to go to the dirty areas or to mix it up in a scrum.

I have to check myself a little not to overhype these kids too much, but they are just a treat to watch.

Just the fact that Kessler #9 speaks volumes in my opinion.

Thing is though - I don’t disagree... Great class from the outside looking in.

I am really excited for this draft. As far as I am concerned there is a small drop off behind Kessler, who could also be ranked from 5 to 8 instead of 9.
After Maxim Schäfer I have another 10 or so players that are not really that far behind and might even challange for a spot in the top 10 of my list in a year or two. I mean the other twin duo (Timo and Fabio Kose) are not in the top 10, neither are any of the late '06 like Seeger, Kaiser or Serikow.
We also have a couple of intriguing goalie prospects that could be risers at one point, since I hesitate to rank goalies very high.

Obviously not all of these kids will develop into prospects with a legitimate chance of being drafted, but I could see a huge number of future pro players in this group.
When it is their turn to play at the WJC, we will definitely have to leave of some players that are way better than some of the youngsters playing this year.

Really hoping the move to Sweden will pay off for Carlos Händel. We could use another high end D.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
The swedish 07 I have liked the most so far is probably Filip Ekberg(maybe an obvious choice). Without a doubt the best processing and offensive thinking I have seen by any player in his age group in the country. Great handler and set up man. Consistenly scores and assists pretty impressive team goals on a team that is not usually that great, and that relies on him very hard for the offensive parts of the game. Not the fastest player ever, but extremely good at finding space through skating and passing. Very much of his future potential and "draft stock" should be up to next year, when he should be playing j20 full time and answer a lot of questions about his limits, such as if he can keep dominating against bigger and faster juniors, and at keep it at a higher pace. That will determine if he has a high ceiling on the pro level or if he will be more of a dominant junior with difficulties transitioning to more physically intense leagues and levels. Very hard to say at this point.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
The swedish 07 I have liked the most so far is probably Filip Ekberg(maybe an obvious choice). Without a doubt the best processing and offensive thinking I have seen by any player in his age group in the country. Great handler and set up man. Consistenly scores and assists pretty impressive team goals on a team that is not usually that great, and that relies on him very hard for the offensive parts of the game. Not the fastest player ever, but extremely good at finding space through skating and passing. Very much of his future potential and "draft stock" should be up to next year, when he should be playing j20 full time and answer a lot of questions about his limits, such as if he can keep dominating against bigger and faster juniors, and at keep it at a higher pace. That will determine if he has a high ceiling on the pro level or if he will be more of a dominant junior with difficulties transitioning to more physically intense leagues and levels. Very hard to say at this point.

Agree. Rare to see a player with such high end playmaking and goal scoring instincts. How his skating develops will determine how far he will go, it’s not bad but it’s not one of his main strengths right now. He will score a lot in J20 next season I think.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Charlton Trethewey? anybody heard anything about this kid. I've seen him ranked pretty high on some 2007 born lists but just never heard nothing about him. Seen him projected as a possible riser in this class. Also another question I have is how does top 2007 born Henry Brzustewicz compare to his brother Hunter?

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
I recently heard about 2 new names for 2025, at least new for me. Both defenseman In Charlton Trethewey who I asked about in an earlier post. He's an American who plays for I think it was Little Caesars U16 team. The other player is Sascha Boumedienne, plays for Columbus Blue Jackets U16 team and is signed to play for the Youngstown Phantoms next season. He represents Sweden but pretty sure lives in Ohio currently. Anyways 2 names to watch out for.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Agree. Rare to see a player with such high end playmaking and goal scoring instincts. How his skating develops will determine how far he will go, it’s not bad but it’s not one of his main strengths right now. He will score a lot in J20 next season I think.
Absolutely, especially if you try to project him a center or playdriving winger. His strength is also poor, even compared to his age group, so if his speed doesn't improve comparatively he at least needs to get stronger as he ages(which is obvious, but I mean relatively)

Already scoring in j20 now, which is impressive, although I hope that we get to see him play an overall dominant game next year, hopefully as center. Would be fun to have a high level swede that scores in dozens. Generally our top forwards tend to be strong overall players, and our players that focus on points specifically don't become as good at the pro level.

Was not great against Czechia today, hopefully he and a lot of other players bounce back the coming days.

For those interested, Sweden, Finland and Czechia are playing a 3-team u16 event the coming days. I will be watching the swedes and giving some notes after the event, probably giving takes that will age just great.

First game ended a couple hours ago, 2-1 vs Czechia. Very much not a great game, and poor showing by many swedes.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Anton Frondell is probably in the same tier as Ekberg but Frondell recently has had a bad form with just 2 points in 5 games in j18. He is now playing with the u16 and currently has 5 points in 2 games.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Anton Frondell is probably in the same tier as Ekberg but Frondell recently has had a bad form with just 2 points in 5 games in j18. He is now playing with the u16 and currently has 5 points in 2 games.
Don't forget Jakob Ihs Wozniak. But Ekberg's at the top of said tier for the Swedes.

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Don't forget Jakob Ihs Wozniak. But Ekberg's at the top of said tier for the Swedes.
Yeah he has impressive stats for a 07! Novotny and Gästrin is also 2 interesting forwards with good stats. I still think Frondell are in the same tier as Ekberg. Both almost have the same ppg in j18 and tv-pucken

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah he has impressive stats for a 07! Novotny and Gästrin is also 2 interesting forwards with good stats. I still think Frondell are in the same tier as Ekberg. Both almost have the same ppg in j18 and tv-pucken

Frondell has some extremely impressive tools but he’s not going to challenge Ekberg unless his skating dramatically improves. He’s really slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad