OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Klatt is one of the guys I was waiting to hear something from on the QBs. Just always dug his knowledgeable, straightforward approach to breaking things down. He has CW at #1. His coverage of #2 onward starts at 13:45. He does use CW to break down his perspective on the position though, so it might be worth it to watch the whole thing...

Thanks for the linkage here!

Got me thinking about the college football player that were rated the highest for how much money they made in 2023.

1. Shedeur Sanders - $4.5M
2. Arch Manning - $2.8M
3. Caleb Williams - $2.6M
4. Travis Hunter - $2.1M
5. Drake Maye - $1.5M
6. Evan Stewart - $1.4M
7. Marvin Harrison Jr. - $1.3M
8. Michael Penix Jr. - $1.2M
9. Sam Hartman - $1.2M
10. Bo Nix - $1.1M

Reactions: RedRocking

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
“DM is closer to CW, than JD is to DM.” Not familiar with this guy, but this was the consensus opinion (for a while) before the recent JD bump.

Also - since Luck, his top 4 QB prospects: Lawrence, Burrow, CW, Maye.
That was a compelling watch in favor of Maye…

Thanks for the linkage here!

Got me thinking about the college football player that were rated the highest for how much money they made in 2023.

Insane these guys get more than Pros..

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
For sleeper late pick WR. James Thrash kid is in the draft and he might not be Marvin Harrison jr but I have a good feeling about Thrash 2.0.
Also Love LB Trotter 2.0 who is all over the board in the mocks

Both dads played for the eagles and skins lol

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
That was a compelling watch in favor of Maye…

Insane these guys get more than Pros..
I think that’s part of the issue with CW - where people think he’s an overexposed diva. He’s the first returning Heisman winner of the NIL era. Plus, he played in LA for a team that is arguably more popular there than the Rams/Chargers. A rising star in a glamorous town, that was hoping he’d win b2b Heismans.

So, this past season was always gonna be a circus around him - with the commercials, mag profiles, and his meddling Dad spouting off to the media.

He may yet prove to be an uncoachable diva - who knows. But we are just in a different era, and I don’t blame these guys for striking while the iron is hot (as they could get injured or be a NFL bust).

Last edited:
Reactions: Block

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I think that’s part of the issue with CW - where people think he’s an overexposed diva. He’s the first returning Heisman winner of the NIL era. Plus, he played in LA for a team that is arguably more popular there than the Rams/Chargers. A rising star in a glamorous town, that was hoping he’d win b2b Heismans.

So, this past season was always gonna be a circus around him - with the commercials, mag profiles, and his meddling Dad spouting off to the media.

He may yet prove to be an uncoachable diva - who knows. But we are just in a different era, and I don’t blame these guys for striking while the iron is hot (as they could get injured or be a NFL bust).
Its tough to be in the top position in the draft. All the nit picky things will be magnified. I do feel that CW is still the top QB by a smidgen. That said the pressure on the Bears is huge with that gifted pick. Honestly I think they will be more worried about a fail pick then just trusting the process.

Reactions: RedRocking

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Its tough to be in the top position in the draft. All the nit picky things will be magnified. I do feel that CW is still the top QB by a smidgen. That said the pressure on the Bears is huge with that gifted pick. Honestly I think they will be more worried about a fail pick then just trusting the process.
Yea, prospect fatigue definitely sets in. Even for Maye who has been assumed QB2 for a couple years.

I feel like DM and JD might be safer picks (tho could just be wishful homer thinking, lol). CW’s playing style is so frantic and out of structure, and he’s only slightly over 6”. But, it’s hard ignore the Mahomes escapability and that crazy elastic, Rodgers-esque arm. Whether the Bears can properly support and develop him is anybody’s guess ofc.

Last edited:
Reactions: usiel

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

His highlights are indeed spectacular. But his bad plays are cringe inducing and he had a share of them. Really horrible misses and forced throws. Each of the top 3 QBs have impressive highlight reels, but the real truth comes out watching all their full games with the situation of the game (score, down, distance, time remaining) all factored in.

I'm coming around to the simple fact: Either DM or JD will be our QB this year and both have massive upside and a small but of risk (like any draft pick) but I still think JD is the more likely to have success early and longer. Both DM and JD can run an offense and read a defense and throw their WRs open with anticipation. CW cannot. I like our position. Its almost can't lose.

Impressive film, but I also kinda thought all good QBs do that….

Yep.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
see….now you’re scaring me…

star-wars-yoda.gif

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Could easily see Fields unfollowing the bears to troll and the media just eats that shit up

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
His highlights are indeed spectacular. But his bad plays are cringe inducing and he had a share of them. Really horrible misses and forced throws. Each of the top 3 QBs have impressive highlight reels, but the real truth comes out watching all their full games with the situation of the game (score, down, distance, time remaining) all factored in.

I'm coming around to the simple fact: Either DM or JD will be our QB this year and both have massive upside and a small but of risk (like any draft pick) but I still think JD is the more likely to have success early and longer. Both DM and JD can run an offense and read a defense and throw their WRs open with anticipation. CW cannot. I like our position. Its almost can't lose.

Yep.

I think it’s pretty clear Maye has a better arm than Trubisky. He could still bust, though. Only 10-15 guys on the planet are good QBs at any given time. It’s gotta be one of the hardest positions in all of sports.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA

Yep.

We get it bud. You are NOT on the Drake Maye train. Perhaps the leader of that movement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad