OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Agree on the DE approach. If one of the good DE prospects falls to the second, they'd be worth a look, but we don;t need to stretch for one b/c the FA class is much stronger there.

It seems this way to me:
If DEs fall to the second, it likely means the OL was hit hard in the first and the best options for us won't be there -- so DE may provide some value, and just maybe one of the good WRs will be there for us, too.
If DEs and WRs fill out the late 1st, it means the opposite, and there should be some very attractive OL options there for us -- which lines up nicely with our needs and a weak area in this year's FA class. (I would love to get the OR center, but it sounds like he's pretty much a 1st rd lock post Senior Bowl.)

Either way, having two early 2nds provides should get us some great talent that can contribute right away.

There seem to be a decent amount of TE, RB and CB prospects who could be good value plays in rds 3-5 or so.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I like the RB outta USC. Lynch. I’d wait in RB until the 5th or 6th, candidly. It’s not exactly a hole, and we should be able to get a back up (or platoon) pretty easily in FA.

That’s just me
Yeah. RB has been so devalued that there's great opt'y to get value there on Day 3. I like Lynch. There are couple of other guys who also have good receiving chops out of the backfield, which should be a target assuming we don't bring Gibson back.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

How do you manage being $82M over the cap? How do you even get there in the first place? Who here thinks of the Saints as "going for it" any time recently?

QB and then OL/DE the rest of the way through the draft. Just stack the bodies on top of each other and sort them out later.

We need some LBs big time but there should be some in FA. Edgerin Cooper would be a nice land in the 2nd, Trotter in the 3rd.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
How do you manage being $82M over the cap? How do you even get there in the first place? Who here thinks of the Saints as "going for it" any time recently?

We need some LBs big time but there should be some in FA. Edgerin Cooper would be a nice land in the 2nd, Trotter in the 3rd.
The Saints have been my small emergency back-up team since the late '80s. In Mickey Loomis's mind, they've been going for it since Brees's next-to-last year -- including after he retired. They've been restructuring contracts year after year after year, pushing the cap hit off constantly.

He had a historically great draft in 2016, but everything he's done since that has been a screaming train wreck. Once they finally swallow the pill and take the crash, it's going to be one hell of a long re-build.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Not sure if it’ll work out but Quinn has hired a pretty ridiculous staff. Harris made a pretty sly remark during Quinn’s press conference that he had some tricks up his sleeve and yeah, he wasn’t lying.

Ok, so the more I look at this coaching roster, and then look back at the whole Ben Johnson debacle…..

I’ve concluded, in my Peters coloured glasses, that it was never a debacle at all. What was Peters quote? He wanted a “leader of men”? I assumed he meant the players and locker room. But that wasn’t it. It was this type of coaching staff. They have 7 guys who have been or are now HC’s/OC’s/DC’s amongst them. That’s a boatload of ego. I mean seriously.

Perhaps Peters was far more concerned about the brainpower and overall depth and talent of the entire staff, then he was w the brainpower of the HC. Not that Quinn is a slouch, he’s just not a new whiz kid.

I think it’s all going to plan for Peters. So far so good. No whether it will all work, is another story. But it’s who we entrusted to do this, and I think it’s been on point so far.

Reactions: HTFN

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Ok, so the more I look at this coaching roster, and then look back at the whole Ben Johnson debacle…..

I’ve concluded, in my Peters coloured glasses, that it was never a debacle at all. What was Peters quote? He wanted a “leader of men”? I assumed he meant the players and locker room. But that wasn’t it. It was this type of coaching staff. They have 7 guys who have been or are now HC’s/OC’s/DC’s amongst them. That’s a boatload of ego. I mean seriously.

Perhaps Peters was far more concerned about the brainpower and overall depth and talent of the entire staff, then he was w the brainpower of the HC. Not that Quinn is a slouch, he’s just not a new whiz kid.

I think it’s all going to plan for Peters. So far so good. No whether it will all work, is another story. But it’s who we entrusted to do this, and I think it’s been on point so far.

I have a really hard time imagining Ben Johnson assembling a staff like this with so much experience. There are something like 18 Super Bowl rings on this staff.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I have a really hard time imagining Ben Johnson assembling a staff like this with so much experience. There are something like 18 Super Bowl rings on this staff.

It fits what Harris did with several other teams he bought. He hired coaches with championship experience.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Roric

Aug 2, 2020

Damn, maye is built the exact same as bowers lol

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Grant on Grant and Danny noted some interesting advanced stats on Jayden Daniels.

25% or so pressure to sack rate .. which puts him near the Sam Howell territory

Also had a high "leave clean pocket" percentage

---------------

If anyone comes across a good advanced stat article on the top QBs .. thatd be awesome to read.

----

End of the day .. ill trust the brain trusts on who to pick among the 3 QB candidates. Just take one of them and dont over think things.

Reactions: John Price

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Grant on Grant and Danny noted some interesting advanced stats on Jayden Daniels.

25% or so pressure to sack rate .. which puts him near the Sam Howell territory

Also had a high "leave clean pocket" percentage

---------------

If anyone comes across a good advanced stat article on the top QBs .. thatd be awesome to read.

----

End of the day .. ill trust the brain trusts on who to pick among the 3 QB candidates. Just take one of them and dont over think things.

Here are CW, DM and JD's advanced stats. The % are ranked among all QBs with 300+ drop backs.

Caleb Williams
1708120648864.png

Drake Maye
1708120675283.png

Jayden Daniels
1708120727393.png

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
The Daniels QB1 hype is getting crazy, i would love if the bears just decided to let caleb fall to us

Reactions: Block

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Just wait till the combine if JD puts on 10-15 pounds of weights and wows on the physicals the hype train will seriously get real.
Good. Let someone swoop in and take him at 1. Then we take Caleb at 2.

If there is ANY one man that understand Mahomes and Williams, and IF there are true attributes both can do — it’s Kingsbury. No one else has had the access to BOTH of those 2, than he has.

Viva Adam Peters!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad