Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
United aren't paying 70 million € and if loan with obligation to buy isn't an option, would move onto different targets.

Feels a bit like PSG want United to "fund" their purchase of Neves.
Yes, that is the nature of transfer..getting the most of outgoing players that being said I believe PSG can afford easily the purchase of Neves without selling Ugarte but they know they will have too many bodies if they do that. I don't think it's a lack of money available from PSG.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Rumors of West Ham trying to bring in Kante. Dumb. Going to spend £20M plus stupid wages on a crocked guy over the hill and be surprised when he barely manages 10 games.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I've just seen a screenshot of Sancho hyping Greenwood up over his transfer on IG. Not like he was coming back at this point anyway, but he can keep rotting on United's bench for all I care.

• Wow
Reactions: Jussi

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Man U trying to sign Chido Obi Martin, who has left Arsenal after rejecting their offer.

Dumb move by the kid considering Man U has 2 young strikers in his path.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Man U trying to sign Chido Obi Martin, who has left Arsenal after rejecting their offer.

Dumb move by the kid considering Man U has 2 young strikers in his path.
For as much as Arsenal has a terrible track record with getting value out of their academy (via sales), they couldn't have done any better for this kid. Gave him minutes at more senior age groups, had a meeting directly with Arteta about his future, and reportedly offered him decent wages. At some point you just can't bend over backwards for a 16 year old that might be only looking for United/Chelsea to pay him insane wages.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some smoke here in BCN regarding a deal with Olmo. Supposedly worth 60M (with add ons included)

I think Dani Olmo still has a grudge about Barcelona from when he was 16, I don't think we'll ever see him back

I think this move would be a mistake considering our budget. That said, if we made some high profile sales then I could see it. I just see Nico Williams and a more defensively minded midfielder as more of a priority. Also though, not a fan of spending big much less spending at all to bring back guys who left when they didn’t need to, and I like Olmo.

I don’t see it as a grudge. He’s had a very managed career. I’ve seen Bayern are interested and he could have joined Bayern instead of Leipzig back in the day as I understand it. Anyway, I hear half of his family prefer Barca and the other does not.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Radcliffe seems like a charmer

Manchester United’s sale of Mason Greenwood to Marseille in a £30m deal has been branded “disturbing” and indicative of a “problem with sexual violence in football” by leading domestic abuse campaigners.

“It seems to be a phase of the vision of what’s happening at Man Utd anyway. It’s a disturbing insight into the culture at Man Utd and how they are treating women, pushing them quite literally to the side and the periphery of the club. He [Sir Jim Ratcliffe] cares about success on the pitch for the men’s team but the women won a major trophy [the FA Cup] and he wasn’t even there.”

Since acquiring a 25 per cent stake in the club, minority shareholders Ineos have been widely criticised for their handling of United’s women’s team. In a recent interview, Ratcliffe reiterated that his focus was on the “first team” – referring to the men’s team – and the women’s team have recently been moved into portable cabins at their Carrington training ground to allow the men’s squad to use their building."

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
What’s Arteta’s plan here? To play him at LB? Or is he here to replace Gabriel and slot in beside Saliba

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Radcliffe seems like a charmer

Manchester United’s sale of Mason Greenwood to Marseille in a £30m deal has been branded “disturbing” and indicative of a “problem with sexual violence in football” by leading domestic abuse campaigners.

“It seems to be a phase of the vision of what’s happening at Man Utd anyway. It’s a disturbing insight into the culture at Man Utd and how they are treating women, pushing them quite literally to the side and the periphery of the club. He [Sir Jim Ratcliffe] cares about success on the pitch for the men’s team but the women won a major trophy [the FA Cup] and he wasn’t even there.”

Since acquiring a 25 per cent stake in the club, minority shareholders Ineos have been widely criticised for their handling of United’s women’s team. In a recent interview, Ratcliffe reiterated that his focus was on the “first team” – referring to the men’s team – and the women’s team have recently been moved into portable cabins at their Carrington training ground to allow the men’s squad to use their building."

You have to consider Ratcliffe's age and the state where women's football was when he grew up. Heck, women's football was banned in the UK until the 1970s and was in the Olympics for the first time in 1996 and first FIFA WC was held in 1999.

Most people are stuck in their ways of thinking by the age Ratcliffe was then.

So, it wouldn't be surprising if Ratcliffe doesn't care about women's football on personal level, but rather has interest in it from a business perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad