Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I've read Raphinha linked to Arsenal so that could be the domino effect for Barca finalizing Williams.

As @S E P H noted, I don’t think he’s interested. I think Raphinha simply wants to play at Barca and has been pretty clear about that a few times. Even if a big bid comes in, while I can see the club accepting it, I can’t see Raphinha being interested in leaving.

My point stands. You still need squad players and at some of the rumored fees I’ve seen for McTominay I would think he’d keep him for now to make up the numbers, unless of course they’ve got another target past Ugarte.

Reactions: phisherman

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Guille Fernandez, who this past season broke Lamine Yamal’s record as being the youngest player to ever play for Barca Atletic, is signing a new deal with the club. He is arguably the highest rated youngster in Barca’s youth system.

• Love
Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
In other news regarding highly rated youngsters, Madrid’s Paulo Iago is linked with a move to Sporting CP! His contract is up next Summer. Madrid supposedly want to keep him, but the kid has been linked with a move away before including to La Masia. Mendes is his agent and so this may have something to do with him leaving Madrid. He is easily one of Madrid’s best young players in their cantera and from what I’ve seen looks a real talent (but he’s small). Glad to see him moving as it will likely help him get minutes. Madrid are already rumored to be selling Nico Paz this Summer.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So he's your De Jong?
As @les Habs mentioned, he just wants to stay in Barcelona. I don't think he cares too much about the British weather. And honestly, I wouldn't want to spend much money on Raphinha as well. I would rather spend 90 million for Williams than spend 50 million for him.
As @S E P H noted, I don’t think he’s interested. I think Raphinha simply wants to play at Barca and has been pretty clear about that a few times. Even if a big bid comes in, while I can see the club accepting it, I can’t see Raphinha being interested in leaving.

Reactions: phisherman

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Guille Fernandez, who this past season broke Lamine Yamal’s record as being the youngest player to ever play for Barca Atletic, is signing a new deal with the club. He is arguably the highest rated youngster in Barca’s youth system.
He has a brother that's also highly rated in the academy right?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Marc Guiu linked a loan move to…. Espanyol. That’ll go down well on derby day if it goes through. Good for the player though if he gets playing time. He might have played for Espanyol in his youth days, but I’m not sure. Not uncommon for kids to swap between the two clubs.

As @les Habs mentioned, he just wants to stay in Barcelona. I don't think he cares too much about the British weather. And honestly, I wouldn't want to spend much money on Raphinha as well. I would rather spend 90 million for Williams than spend 50 million for him.

To be fair to him, I think he made a case for a place in the team last season. He came up big a couple of times. The problem is you’ve got Yamal who he is competing for minutes with on that right hand side.

If I’m Arsenal, depending on how much you have to spend, I’m still pushing hard for Nico Williams.

He has a brother that's also highly rated in the academy right?

Cousin. I too figured that they were brothers for a while. Toni Fernandez just renewed with the club as well.

Reactions: luiginb

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The links and such are one thing. But I don't think we need to see the aftermath of them with "Rio and Man United's accounting manager were involved in the transfer."
Well many people were wondering how United manage to get him over Madrid, actually the other tweet opens up the process more. And no, there was no accounting manager involved, those are the actually football people running the show now.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
The links and such are one thing. But I don't think we need to see the aftermath of them with "Rio and Man United's accounting manager were involved in the transfer."
The days and days worth of rumors, then the more serious rumors, then all the tweets about the signings when they actually happen, then the introduction tweets, then the analysis of the process tweets. You just get to hoping the club gets their shit over with quickly in the window so there's bandwidth for the rest of world football.

Reactions: bluesfan94

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Complete radio silence regarding Spurs incomings. Supposedly Lange does not like leaks. Have to hope he has something good going on.

Reactions: JPBolts

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpeg
    IMG_0717.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    160.8 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Jussi