Music: What Are Your Favourite Non-English Songs?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
I never liked Måneskin’s version of Beggin’ but they actually have some really good tunes in Italian:

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
One of my favourite things is to look for old soul songs from Canada. Came across this and have put this one on repeat for a while. This song is emblematic of the shift from Quebec Soul to Quebec disco in 1973, and it goes hard and wild.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
This search doesn't stick to the narrow realm of Canadian soul, I also check out what is going on in Europe as well. The entire album is fantastic. Jacqueline Taïeb didn't have much success in France, instead building herself a cult status in English audience.

VMBM

Hansel?!
Sep 24, 2008
Helsinki, Finland
Spanish:

Portuguese:

Everyone knows the song, but this is the original version (by its composer). I always thought that the title means 'better than nothing' but apparently it's something like 'no way!'.

Reactions: phrenssoa

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
A unique one here. Bombino, from Niger. Sings in Tamasheq, spoken by around 900,000 people, is a language of the rural Saharan parts of Niger, Mali, Algeria and Libya. Basically the middle of nowhere... places like Timbuktu... like actually Timbuktu. Great musician though, has a super unique style that mixes bit of western styles with very traditional music of that area. This song is more on the traditional side of his offerings.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Wanted to brush up on some salsa before heading to Puerto Rico and I've been loving this album (Lo Mato by Willie Colon & Hector Lavoe)

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
If Ado spoke English she'd be famous... or more famous, I guess.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Fantastic new discovery:

Here is an amazing Ukrainian tune from the 80s that I unfortunately cannot find on YouTube:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad