Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Going to unironically respond to every transfer rumor this summer by listing every player every team has in that third

you want a left back? well how about THESE right backs you have

Reactions: Blender

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
A CDM and more of an attacking 8 do not operate in the same space. I'm seeing rumors of Carney leaving, that's the CM that you easily could've looked at for being pushed out, but instead you had to continue to the silly Ugochukwu argument since you can't accept that he'll still get his minutes since he's the only CM on the squad with his profile. I'm not saying he'll get starting minutes, but he'll get minutes for his role.

Reactions: Blender and Peen

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barca strongly linked with Jan Virgili of Nastic. Kid is a winger and led his division with 18 goals last season. He’d join Rafa Marquez’s Barca Atletic side.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Going to unironically respond to every transfer rumor this summer by listing every player every team has in that third

you want a left back? well how about THESE right backs you have
Whatever floats your boat
A CDM and more of an attacking 8 do not operate in the same space. I'm seeing rumors of Carney leaving, that's the CM that you easily could've looked at for being pushed out, but instead you had to continue to the silly Ugochukwu argument since you can't accept that he'll still get his minutes since he's the only CM on the squad with his profile. I'm not saying he'll get starting minutes, but he'll get minutes for his role.
I mean, I did that too. Whether it’s a 433 and a 4231, he is going to be competing with the same people for the same spots so I don’t really see the issue there. He’s not taking minutes away from Nkunku or Palmer or Mudryk, etc

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Whatever floats your boat

I mean, I did that too. Whether it’s a 433 and a 4231, he is going to be competing with the same people for the same spots so I don’t really see the issue there. He’s not taking minutes away from Nkunku or Palmer or Mudryk, etc
I know you are smarter than this. An attacking 8 isn't competing with a 6, doesn't matter what the formation is.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I know you are smarter than this. An attacking 8 isn't competing with a 6, doesn't matter what the formation is.
yes and no. Is Enzo six? Is Gallagher six? If it’s a double pivot those are guys he is competing with. Caicedo isn’t what I’d necessarily call a pure six either. These are the players that are going to be vying for the same minutes/spots on the field

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
yes and no. Is Enzo six? Is Gallagher six? If it’s a double pivot those are guys he is competing with. Caicedo isn’t what I’d necessarily call a pure six either. These are the players that are going to be vying for the same minutes/spots on the field
I'm talking about Ugochukwu. When you brought him up in regards to use pursuing KDH, you know you are being silly. Those 2 will never be competing with each other for minutes.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm talking about Ugochukwu. When you brought him up in regards to use pursuing KDH, you know you are being silly. Those 2 will never be competing with each other for minutes.
If they are playing 433 with a sole holding player, sure. That’s fair. But again let’s see what else Chelsea do before the end of the window. I am happy to say we don’t even know how Maresca is going to see them up. But also Chelsea have a lot of players for those double pivot spots. And if they are playing with 8s, someone is going to get pushed into that middle spot by default too. Lavia in front of him for sure, and one of Caicedo/Enzo/Gallagher going to be in for those minutes too. If KDH is playing minutes at 8, one of those four is getting that time at 6

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Too bad, would have liked Miranda for our bench so we don't have to play guys out of position whenever Balde is out.

Yeah, on the right wage I think he’d have been useful. Last I heard was that Alex Valle was going to be given that shot, but that was before Flick came.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Wow. Brilliant contribution. Maybe I’ll find an Uruguay fan’s comment saying he doesn’t want Ugarte to join United because he won’t play in the CL and because they’re a Mickey Mouse club. At least you provided your source!
I can’t like but yeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad