Speculation: 2024-25 - Free Agency/Trade Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Prefer Leason, hope this doesn’t mean he’s gone.

Leason lacombe lindstrom and Lundy were the guys I’d like to keep
If we don’t sign a FA RHD, Lindstrom is a must.
I almost feel like he’s a must with uncertainty with luneau…. Even if we sign a rhd…. We prob need a rhd depth piece for injuries and what not.

No clue if helleson will become that

Kovacevic on the move
6’5 right handed dmen

I could see PV liking him

Reactions: Kalv

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Perhaps I'm too much of a conspiracy theorist but that tweet is phrased to imply (to me) that Roy already has a deal in place that will be announced at Noon:00:01 on Monday.
I don't think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that. It's obvious everyone is negotiating before they're technically supposed to be able to. Always has been that way. I guess it's like the LTIR stuff. No one bothers to complain because everyone does it or might want to at some point. I remember when we signed Adam Oates at like 12:01am the first day of free agency..

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I don't think you need to be a conspiracy theorist to believe that. It's obvious everyone is negotiating before they're technically supposed to be able to. Always has been that way. I guess it's like the LTIR stuff. No one bothers to complain because everyone does it or might want to at some point. I remember when we signed Adam Oates at like 12:01am the first day of free agency..
Oh, I'm quite aware what all goes on beforehand. I've just never seen it put out there like that beforehand.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
im really worried about losing zegras via trade. should i be? my hope is they at least ride him out until the trade deadline to see how he does after having the time off to really heal up. he looked great those last few weeks he played and i think it would be a mistake to give up on him so quik.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
im really worried about losing zegras via trade. should i be? my hope is they at least ride him out until the trade deadline to see how he does after having the time off to really heal up. he looked great those last few weeks he played and i think it would be a mistake to give up on him so quik.

He isn’t getting traded unless it’s a Drysdale type trade, where we are getting a legit RD

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
I think this season is going to determine Z's fate. If he bounces back from the injuries last year, keeps improving his two-way play, and returns to form offensively there's little doubt in my mind that he's going to stay on the team longterm.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Just like Bobby Ryan isn’t getting traded unless it’s for a top-4 D or a second line center, right?
If you think that the circumstances are similar sure.

I’m going to run with the circumstances aren’t similar at all at this point, the GM is on record as wanting him on the team, and the reported asks are exactly what I said though. Might be a different story in a year, who knows?

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If you think that the circumstances are similar sure.

I’m going to run with the circumstances aren’t similar at all at this point, the GM is on record as wanting him on the team, and the reported asks are exactly what I said though. Might be a different story in a year, who knows?
All I was saying is that it was stupid then for people to make these definitive statements without any actual knowledge(and I was one of them!) and it’s no less stupid now.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
All I was saying is that it was stupid then for people to make these definitive statements without any actual knowledge(and I was one of them!) and it’s no less stupid now.
If I add “IMO, with the knowledge made available to us” would that be acceptable?

Edit - I agree with your general point, but what’s your actual opinion on the topic? Do you think there’s a legitimate concern?

Reactions: Son of Gib
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If I add “IMO, with the knowledge made available to us” would that be acceptable?

Edit - I agree with your general point, but what’s your actual opinion on the topic? Do you think there’s a legitimate concern?
Probably not because I don’t think that’s right. It was a hypothetical ask for one team that’s deep on D but we know little else. We just know the ask is apparently big.

And I suppose concern level is hard to answer because it depends on how much you like Zegras and what timeframe you’re concerned about. The best way I can put it is that I have doubts he goes anywhere this summer but all bets are off once the calendar hits 2025. From everything I can tell the team doesn’t see him as untouchable, whereas I think they view several others that way, and he’s the most obvious value target.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Surprised to see Sam Steel not get qualified. He looked great in the playoffs. With how he has developed since he left, I would welcome him back with open arms.
Didn't the same thing happen to him in Minn? I remember reading how he was doing great filling in up and down the lineup all year long then, boom, he becomes a UFA and signs in DAL. I kinda wonder if there's something below the surface that is an issue?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00