Speculation: NYR & DET working on Jacob Trouba trade (Brooks)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Trouba isn't going to Hartford.
1. You can't bury payroll in the AHL anymore. It's unofficially called the "Redden" Rule.
2. He will be playing on tye Rangers roster in a 3rd pair situation. Not ideal money wise. This notion Trouba can't play anymore is dumb.
I think both fanbases are finally in agreement with this.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I'm really gonna miss Trouba on the Rangers. He is much better than what he gets credit for and a great locker room guy and leader but he is not worth $8m a year. That contract is a bit of an anchor.

"Indeed, a well-placed source has told The Post that GM Chris Drury is working on a deal to send the captain to the Red Wings, a trade that the Michigan native would presumably accept after having played as a freshman for the Wolverines in 2012-13.

We are told the Rangers may retain $2.5 million per year on the two remaining seasons of Trouba’s $8M annual cap charge. That represents 31.25 percent retention that would also be applied to the $12M in salary Trouba has coming over the next two seasons."
He’s great at leading with his elbows.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
if this trade happens DET fans are going to have to get used to the drama and controversy surrounding Trouba. It will eat away at you if you're one of those fans that get too involved on social media. There are people that view Trouba as the literal anti-christ
We have had some training with Kronwall, but yeah nothing to the extent of Trouba the Jacob.

Reactions: AirGut

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
if this trade happens DET fans are going to have to get used to the drama and controversy surrounding Trouba. It will eat away at you if you're one of those fans that get too involved on social media. There are people that view Trouba as the literal anti-christ
A sage solution is to avoid social media altogether

Reactions: AirGut

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Looks like Yzerman’s been busy doing something else today. Good bet Kane isn’t going to market. That would mean one big thing…. Kane knows his concerns will be addressed. He doesn’t fit well with Larkin’s lace, and Compher just isn’t creative enough to get the best out of Kane. So we can probably bank on Detroit addressing their need at 2C.

His AAV is gonna be interesting. That’s for sure.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Looks like Yzerman’s been busy doing something else today. Good bet Kane isn’t going to market. That would mean one big thing…. Kane knows his concerns will be addressed. He doesn’t fit well with Larkin’s lace, and Compher just isn’t creative enough to get the best out of Kane. So we can probably bank on Detroit addressing their need at 2C.

Find a 2C, take three.

better Red than Dead

Apr 23, 2021

I’m telling you, the Wings are doing something big, and I think it’s Stamkos with Kane and Trouba

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020

Watch them sign Chandler Stephenson 6x6 lol would be terrible.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I wouldn't be surprised to see Trouba hit waivers tomorrow if the Rangers don't have something done with the Red Wings. And the Sharks would probably claim him.

Reactions: FoxYou727

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Then he either faces a team picking him up on waivers that is a less preferred destination. Or if he clears, Drury can make him ride the bus in Hartford redden style until a deal for both parties is agreed upon.
NYR can also put him on re-entry waivers at that point, and a team might try to grab him a bit cheaper….
Whether Trouba likes it or not, his NMC changes to an MNTC by the 1st.
Time is running out on his Cinderella story….
Re-entry waivers haven’t been a thing in over a decade.
Except all of Canada is likely already on his list.
After that, it’s anyone’s guess. I’d wager he’d like to stay on the east coast if possible.
Him and his wife spend offseason living in Florida, probably largely for tax breaks.
A bunch of athletes/rich folks use that loophole
Living in Florida won’t change the tax implications. You pay taxes based on where you perform the work, not where you live. He and his wife would not save any money by living in Florida and working in NYC.
Any other prospect you'd part with?

The 1st is non-negotiable imo.
Then the trade doesn’t happen. Detroit holds all the cards here and the Rangers are desperate for that cap space for free agency. Trouba if traded now will probably be basically be given away from next to nothing.
detroit isnt signing roy

Maybe no one but then he can enjoy beautiful Hartford
Rangers aren’t sending Trouba to the AHL out of spite. He’s still good enough to be on the roster and playing him the AHL only saves 1M on the cap so it’s not worth it.
We dealt with that with Kronwall and Bertuzzi (both of them).
I wouldn't be surprised to see Trouba hit waivers tomorrow if the Rangers don't have something done with the Red Wings. And the Sharks would probably claim him.
Would be a really dumb (and dick) move my the Sharks to just take Trouba off waivers and do the Rangers another huge favor for free.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

The issue with NYR doing that is they'd have arguably wait a day to approach UFA's because they can't auto assume that Trouba gets picked up and that puts them behind the ball for UFA unless they tell guys to wait a day but I'm not sure if any agent would do that if a team offers an impressive deal to their client

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The issue with NYR doing that is they'd have arguably wait a day to approach UFA's because they can't auto assume that Trouba gets picked up and that puts them behind the ball for UFA unless they tell guys to wait a day but I'm not sure if any agent would do that if a team offers an impressive deal to their client
It's possibly an issue and possibly one free agents are willing to wait for them on. The Rangers are a popular destination for players. I'm sure the Rangers would've preferred to move Trouba before but this might be their only certain way to get something done. The Sharks would be happy to have an improvement on their blue line in the short term while probably gaining an asset for free that they can rent next year for at least a 2nd round pick.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Dfence033

Nov 24, 2009
Texas

For everyone saying this: you know there is the summer overage, right? Without moving Trouba, the Rangers have something around $16M in cap to spend if they want. Unless there is a rush of teams itching to sign Gus, Ruwhedel, Roslovic, Wheeler, or Wennberg, the Rangers have time to figure out the rest. I’m not seeing a ton of players that will get monster contracts that would interest the Rangers in free agency this year, so I don’t think it’s quite as imperative as “lolz move Trouba today or your screwed, so pay up retention, a cap dump back, and a good pick!”

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Once he leaves NY no one will care about him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay