Confirmed with Link: Nick Robertson asks for trade

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Oct 18, 2010
His problem with injuries is because he's fearless. Compete level isn't a problem wirh Robertson.

I said physically. He got crushed and folded like a lawn chair against Ottawa on a nothing play. Against LA he got bumped and flew into the boards. And that's just the plays where he got hurt.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
He has minimal trade value but also zero leverage, and the Leafs need cheap scoring.

Literally tell him you're playing here or you're sitting out the whole year, you absolutely cannot let this guy dictate what you do here like they've let every other young guy do previously.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I said physically. He got crushed and folded like a lawn chair against Ottawa on a nothing play. Against LA he got bumped and flew into the boards. And that's just the plays where he got hurt.
Yeah, to eager and comes with too much enthusiasm and desire to win a spot with limited minutes. He's gotten better in this department and added strengths. He's only 22 and ess a 2nd round pick

Reactions: aingefan

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Doesn't sound like he's confident he can secure a spot with his play.

Maybe he'd be better off in San Jose or Anaheim where the competition might be easier.

Or better still, shut you agent down and earn a spot.

A clean slate with a new coach and probably going to be putting a million dollars in his pocket as an apprentice.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
Regardless of how you feel of Robertson, I can’t remember the last time a Leaf prospect has been treated this way . Like why did McMann get a contract over Robertson. Everyone loves talking about Robertson injuries issues but McMann can’t stay healthy either. Totally forgot Keefe scratched him in game 7, my guess was that was the final straw.

Reactions: DarkKnight

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The 35 goals we're losing from Bertuzzi and Robertson is not going to magically replace it self. We need this player or an equivalent replacement in a deal.

It's going to be difficult to replace his expected 20 goals for under 2 million.

If we look at Yegor Chinakhov as a comparable for Robertson then he probably deserves about 2 million per year on a 2 year bridge deal, which seems to work right now on the cap.

The cap shows we have 2 m available for Robertson. Hope they get a deal done.

View attachment 891223
I do expect Knies to breakout this season.

Regardless of how you feel of Robertson, I can’t remember the last time a Leaf prospect has been treated this way . Like why did McMann get a contract over Robertson. Everyone loves talking about Robertson injuries issues but McMann can’t stay healthy either. Totally forgot Keefe scratched him in game 7, my guess was that was the final straw.
He literally won a job two camps in a row, we gave Malgin a spot instead of him recall. The kid has done his part.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

They should have played him in the playoffs.

Reactions: Mr_Fun

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I think the main thing is he's kind of redundant. He has a lot of skill. He can shoot. He produces well for his minutes. But they have plenty of guys who have offensive talent. He's not better offensively (or defensively) than a guy like Mitch Marner.

I think he'll do quite well for himself elsewhere. I'd move him, although I do hope they don't just dump him.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I understand why he wants out. However it's not his call. If he stays healthy this season he has a chance to finally put up some real numbers. Be patient, stay healthy kid. It all falls in your lap.
1720023618778.png

He is still on their payroll.

He should sign a team friendly 1 year deal and making himself desirable to other teams with a great attitude and effort this year.

Does Winnipeg need any wingers?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think the main thing is he's kind of redundant. He has a lot of skill. He can shoot. He produces well for his minutes. But they have plenty of guys who have offensive talent. He's not better offensively (or defensively) than a guy like Mitch Marner.

I think he'll do quite well for himself elsewhere. I'd move him, although I do hope they don't just dump him.

He’s one of 3 guys that has a non-muffin shot that consistently gets on net. Don’t really care too much if we move him or not but we need a shooter to replace him or TV screen repair companies are gonna make a killing off us this year.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That was right before he walked away for nothing as a UFA. Hopefully, Brad gets something instead of nothing.

"If he won't accept a trade, then he can walk as a UFA and enjoy his 7-year contract."

This is a quote from you on Marner in another thread.

Are you saying that sometimes walking away from a player is the right move? Weird, it looks like above you are upset we walked away from a UFA...

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Hopefully, Brad gets something instead of nothing.
We got something. Another year of a good depth player at a good cap hit. Some people forget that that's the whole point of this.
Hopefully Brad also keeps his cap-efficient depth (that he's forced us to need even more), instead of throwing it away for nothing.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
"If he won't accept a trade, then he can walk as a UFA and enjoy his 7-year contract."

This is a quote from you on Marner in another thread.

Are you saying that sometimes walking away from a player is the right move? Weird, it looks like above you are upset we walked away from a UFA...

Or if you read the quote…. “If he won’t accept a trade”….. that means we couldn’t get something for him….

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Or if you read the quote…. “If he won’t accept a trade”….. that means we couldn’t get something for him….

So walking away from someone is a valid option, I am just checking.

Using someone as your own rental is a valid option or not?

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
So walking away from someone is a valid option, I am just checking.

Hmm, seems a lot more like you were trying to make a different point 🤔

Using someone as your own rental is a valid option or not?

With the understanding that a valid option isn’t necessarily a smart decision, yes it’s a valid option.

It’s not a smart decision unless you’re a legit contender, which we are not. Throwing away assets isn’t smart. Lou has done it. Kyle did it. Tre did it last year. All wasted assets.

Reactions: thewave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad