Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Oh will you stop? The only reason every QB was ineffective under Bill outside of Brady and maybe Matt Cassell was because Bill doesn't value investing in key positions on offense, much less the actual position of Quarterback itself. Look at the guys who Bill's traditionally gravitated to as the player he wants calling plays. Eric Zeier, Vinny Testaverde, a washed up Cam Newton, a washed up Mark Rypien, Brian F'n Hoyer, Todd F'n Philcox, Mr. Fumblitis Bailey Zappe, and so on. Do any of those names at the various points in their careers that they played under Bill inspire confidence that the offense will run functionally? It doesn't in me. And whenever he's had a QB that typically doesn't fit his idea of a brainless automaton, he does everything possible to undercut them and isolate them in the locker room to the detriment of the team. The reports from MassLive's Mark Daniels shows how little Bill values any player that dares to go against his orders, never mind the player at QB. What Bill did at the tail end with Mac Jones was a carbon copy of his stint in Cleveland to Bernie Kosar. The difference being is that while Kosar was at the end of his career, Mac was at a critical development point and he sabotaged whatever flicker of potential the kid had.

In other news...Patriots are showing interest in former Sooner QB Spencer Rattler.

Oh will you stop? The only reason every QB was ineffective under Bill outside of Brady and maybe Matt Cassell was because Bill doesn't value investing in key positions on offense, much less the actual position of Quarterback itself. Look at the guys who Bill's traditionally gravitated to as the player he wants calling plays. Eric Zeier, Vinny Testaverde, a washed up Cam Newton, a washed up Mark Rypien, Brian F'n Hoyer, Todd F'n Philcox, Mr. Fumblitis Bailey Zappe, and so on. Do any of those names at the various points in their careers that they played under Bill inspire confidence that the offense will run functionally? It doesn't in me. And whenever he's had a QB that typically doesn't fit his idea of a brainless automaton, he does everything possible to undercut them and isolate them in the locker room to the detriment of the team. The reports from MassLive's Mark Daniels shows how little Bill values any player that dares to go against his orders, never mind the player at QB. What Bill did at the tail end with Mac Jones was a carbon copy of his stint in Cleveland to Bernie Kosar. The difference being is that while Kosar was at the end of his career, Mac was at a critical development point and he sabotaged whatever flicker of potential the kid had.

In other news...Patriots are showing interest in former Sooner QB Spencer Rattler.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Hard pass on Spencer Rattler

Same. Kid hasn't been the same since his struggles at OU.

I put zero weight behind the words that bozo says and no one else should either. Rex Ryan is one of the most arrogant clowns to ever become a head coach in the NFL and he exposed how much of a joke he was during his tenure as Jets head coach. Furthermore, it also showed how little he had to do with the success of the Ravens' defense and how much of a tactical genius and excellent roster builder Brian Billick was despite being an offensive coordinator under an offensive minded coach in Dennis Green.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
I put zero weight behind the words that bozo says and no one else should either. Rex Ryan is one of the most arrogant clowns to ever become a head coach in the NFL and he exposed how much of a joke he was during his tenure as Jets head coach. Furthermore, it also showed how little he had to do with the success of the Ravens' defense and how much of a tactical genius and excellent roster builder Brian Billick was despite being an offensive coordinator under an offensive minded coach in Dennis Green.

Rex Ryan coached the Jets to 2 straight afc championships with garbage at QB.

How many playoff games has Bill won without Brady? If he didn't luck out with Brady, he'd probably have a worse overall resume than Rex.

Last edited:

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Rex Ryan coached the Jets to 2 straight afc championships with garbage at QB.

How many playoff games has Bill won without Brady? If he didn't luck out with Brady, he'd probably have a worse overall resume than Rex.

He only got those two playoff runs because he was gift wrapped a team with players brought in and drafted by Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini. Neither of them got to see any of the success that Rex got only due to the fact that Pennington kept tearing his rotator cuff and had his throwing arm turn into a wet noodle with no serviceable backup to replace him. All Ryan needed was a halfway decent game manager that couldn't gag away a game, which for two years Mark Sanchez was. On top of that, this was during the time period when the Patriots decided that defense didn't matter anymore and kept bringing in stiffs for the front seven, which put more responsibility on the offense to win games. It was a capable offense, but it made games way close for comfort.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He only got those two playoff runs because he was gift wrapped a team with players brought in and drafted by Herm Edwards and Eric Mangini. Neither of them got to see any of the success that Rex got only due to the fact that Pennington kept tearing his rotator cuff and had his throwing arm turn into a wet noodle with no serviceable backup to replace him. All Ryan needed was a halfway decent game manager that couldn't gag away a game, which for two years Mark Sanchez was. On top of that, this was during the time period when the Patriots decided that defense didn't matter anymore and kept bringing in stiffs for the front seven, which put more responsibility on the offense to win games. It was a capable offense, but it made games way close for comfort.
You could've just said "yup I stepped in it by calling his Jets tenure a joke", or simply walked away. Either one would've worked. Doubling down probably wasn't the way to go, but congrats on that I guess. If 2 AFC championships with a team that really struggled before he got there is a joke, then Bill sans Brady is the ultimate punch line.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Tough job to be a QB...that Jones analysis is a real tough one for Jones!

In this particular situation, I hope he can make eat crow to all those who pissed and are pissing on him for so long! I don't know how an athlete can overcome all the negative on him, deserved or not.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Old Alabamy Mac noodle-arm the remix. When BayStatePatriots manufacture three wins next season I will blame SteveB 'assistant head coach/senior advisor' and the noodle-leg placekicker drafted by the ex-gm. For sure.

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
^Early 5th rounder is my prediction
I don't see that. That seems way too high given his current state. Which is why I still think there's a chance they bring him back to try and increase his value while also drafting a QB.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't see that. That seems way too high given his current state. Which is why I still think there's a chance they bring him back to try and increase his value while also drafting a QB.
for entertainment purposes I would definitely tune in to see the Kraft's and Mac stink up the joint again in front of Boston fans who will let them know exactly how they feel. The Krafts need a new direction if they want to fill that stadium again someday

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
for entertainment purposes I would definitely tune in to see the Kraft's and Mac stink up the joint again in front of Boston fans who will let them know exactly how they feel. The Krafts need a new direction if they want to fill that stadium again someday
Even with them being terrible, stadium was pretty full every game outside of the finale.

Season ticket wait-list still decade+ long

They'll be fine, I think they'll survive.

Reactions: Gee Wally

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Even with them being terrible, stadium was pretty full every game outside of the finale.

Season ticket wait-list still decade+ long

They'll be fine, I think they'll survive.

perhaps but being a bottom feeder franchise since Tom you're not exactly selling those tickets for top dollar

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Dan Quinn is the David Culley/Lovie Smith hire of this cycle. Fired in a year when they can actually get a preferred candidate.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Imagine choosing Dan Quinn over Bill Belichick

I thought that team might be better off after getting rid of Snider, but this is a doozy.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Seems like a brutal hire. Just got fired from the Browns, where he didn't even call plays for them (and I think he's called plays once in his life, back in 2009). How many other OCs rejected them first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad