Patriots/NFL 2024 Playoffs Part 3: Chiefs SB Parade mass shooting

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
The Rams special teams last year were worst in the league and one of the five worst in league history since tracking started.

How bad were the Patriots then? Second worst? Why are they hiring this guy. Ugh

Reactions: Johnnyduke

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Bay State Patriots announce SteveB offered the position of 'assistant head coach/senior advisor'.

1706729843255.png

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If I’m the Redskins I bring in Vrabel as head coach, McDaniels as OC, draft Maye at 2, trade a late round pic for Mac with the long shot hope he shows in camp he can compete for starting job/ or backup Maye. Why not.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Globe is saying Tom Brady Sr. "went to bat" for Belichick, but then you read the article and it's the complete opposite.
I love Tom Brady Sr. and won't stand for any criticism of him

Damn Rights

Senior is far more entertaining than Robot Tom on the McAfee show

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Also, I don't really have anything against Steve Belichick. It just seems really weird to send Bill packing and keep Steve as Assistant Head Coach.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
eh this is almost all college coaches these days

BC ain’t a destination school, if you get offered a coordinator position for an NFL playoff team that appears to be on the rise then you kinda have to take it imo

Reactions: bbfan419

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
eh this is almost all college coaches these days

BC ain’t a destination school, if you get offered a coordinator position for an NFL playoff team that appears to be on the rise then you kinda have to take it imo
Now, possibly. The dynamics have changed. Used to be a job where it would draw interest from NFL coordinators like Tom Coughlin. BC can't compete financially with the big boys and Hafley knows that. He also knew he was most likely getting fired after next season when he has a much tougher schedule.

Reactions: bbfan419 and DKH

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Bill can be a military officer sure but his QB is the equivalent of a bow and arrow against tanks

Oh will you stop? The only reason every QB was ineffective under Bill outside of Brady and maybe Matt Cassell was because Bill doesn't value investing in key positions on offense, much less the actual position of Quarterback itself. Look at the guys who Bill's traditionally gravitated to as the player he wants calling plays. Eric Zeier, Vinny Testaverde, a washed up Cam Newton, a washed up Mark Rypien, Brian F'n Hoyer, Todd F'n Philcox, Mr. Fumblitis Bailey Zappe, and so on. Do any of those names at the various points in their careers that they played under Bill inspire confidence that the offense will run functionally? It doesn't in me. And whenever he's had a QB that typically doesn't fit his idea of a brainless automaton, he does everything possible to undercut them and isolate them in the locker room to the detriment of the team. The reports from MassLive's Mark Daniels shows how little Bill values any player that dares to go against his orders, never mind the player at QB. What Bill did at the tail end with Mac Jones was a carbon copy of his stint in Cleveland to Bernie Kosar. The difference being is that while Kosar was at the end of his career, Mac was at a critical development point and he sabotaged whatever flicker of potential the kid had.

In other news...Patriots are showing interest in former Sooner QB Spencer Rattler.

Reactions: Mione134

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Also, I don't really have anything against Steve Belichick. It just seems really weird to send Bill packing and keep Steve as Assistant Head Coach.
I have to think Steve at least gets an interview for the BC job.

What a horrible time to lose your coach this late in the game.

Steve Belichick staying around is just media ammunition for when things don't go well. Matty P got way more hate than he deserved I know it was a preposterous hire but he did a better job with Jones than OBrien did and also had Zap ready to go. Not defending the hire or the optics but he was more below average than terrible. Mayo is going to get destroyed and lose his credibility for keeping Steve Belichick around and not having the stones to can him should this not go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad