GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

newdimension

May 18, 2013
Is Kieron Walton still not drafted? I know he had his issues, but he's a huge kid with lots of tools. Did I miss it?

edit: just went to Winnipeg in the 6th.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Its a pretty smart plan, lets be honest. Take high school kids that are long-term projects that could pan out and give us a longer time to find them contract spots. By that time, a lot of our shite contracts will be up, kids will have graduated and these projects that pan out become the restock in the cupboards. Smart.
that's assuming any of the long-term projects actually pan out at all

Reactions: Habs13

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Any 6'7'' bears remaining we can take a swing on?
We already took one in “Gentle” Ben Merrill

1719687582397.png

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Is Kieron Walton still not drafted? I know he had his issues, but he's a huge kid with lots of tools. Did I miss it?

edit: just went to Winnipeg in the 6th.
I'm not super surprised tbh, I watched a lot of him live this year and wasn't too excited

Reactions: bopeep

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
And you're not gonna be out of a job waiting for the Connor Crisps, Michael Pezzetta and whoever other dud they pick this year? Come on.
But I'm not the one who thinks I can do a better job than 32 NHL teams at projecting a player I have never seen play, haven't interviewed, talked to their coaches and teammates, met their families, seen their work ethic off ice, know if they're coachable, traveled to see them play 100+ hours since they were 15 years old, have all kinds of other resources and tools at my disposal etc.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If you don't mind, I'M talking for myself. That's hard enough. When people respond to me, I imagine their aim is at me. @Mrb1p is an adult. He can take care of himself.
I was referencing a post as an example of my response to YOU.

You seemed to take issue with folks being knocked for providing an opinion.

Think of it as an addendum to my previous post.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
that's assuming any of the long-term projects actually pan out at all

Florida Panther just won the Cup ...the roster consisted of only 3 players Florida actually drafted ...Barkov.. in 2013.!.Ekblad over 10yrs ago and Lundell in 2020.......everyone else was traded for or signed as a UFA ........

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Today is for the Montreal Canadiens to select the players the Montreal Canadiens have put in the work to scout.

Not please every single fan currently posting in this thread.

What you're describing is entitlement.

Exactly lol essentially what is a fantasy world, where opinions have no consequences.

Glad to see you saved some common sense for the end your post lol
Today, for us, ON THIS BOARD of opinions, is to have an opinion of the picks made. If people can't handle that, do something else.

Entitlement? What the f*** are you talking about. When I say this is to talk to the people who accuses EVERYBODY that might not like a pick to say this while having no clue about prospects. I say that 'cause by saying it, it explains why, when you put the work, you can be more implicated than just whining because you don't know a player.

So...we close this board then? Where did I mention that my opinion needed consequences? lol

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
will be interesting to see what MTL does with their two remaining pick in the 7th round. Would like to see an offensive minded defenseman (6'3+) and a smallish but skilled forward.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
But I'm not the one who thinks I can do a better job than 32 NHL teams at projecting a player I have never seen play, haven't interviewed, talked to their coaches and teammates, met their families, seen their work ethic off ice, know if they're coachable, traveled to see them play 100+ hours since they were 15 years old, have all kinds of other resources and tools at my disposal etc.
Why wouldn't you be able to do that? Because you didn't play the game at the highest level? They didn't all do that. Are you intelligent? Yes. Do you solely analyze a game through hockeydb? No you don't.

So again...tell me...why wouldn't you be able to do the job? ESPECIALLY in a job that doesn't even require you to be better than 20%. You pick 10 players. 2 make it in the NHL! SUCCESS!!!!!!

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I thought Zetterberg looked great at Hlinka and U18s. Very small but he’s got high end skill that I don’t see available anywhere else.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad