GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Nothing against Poirier, but he's small.

All year we were seeing the Caufield and Hutson threads fill up with posts talking about how their size could be a detriment in the playoffs. And that they would not be able to do what they do in the regular season in the playoffs.
Small as he may be 51 regular season goals + 18 goals in 17 playoff games just doesn't happen by accident. I would've taken a flyer on it because what do you have to lose between him and any other kid in the 5th to 7th round. At worst, he and Michael Hage tear it up in Laval in a few years before Hage graduates to the NHL but whatever... #iknownothing

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
that's assuming any of the long-term projects actually pan out at all

Same for 1st round picks too, right? Remember Leblanc? Fischer? I'm more than comfortable taking chances this late in the draft, especially given how many picks we have and how well we did early on.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Why wouldn't you be able to do that? Because you didn't play the game at the highest level? They didn't all do that. Are you intelligent? Yes. Do you solely analyze a game through hockeydb? No you don't.

So again...tell me...why wouldn't you be able to do the job? ESPECIALLY in a job that doesn't even require you to be better than 20%. You pick 10 players. 2 make it in the NHL! SUCCESS!!!!!!
Because I have a full time job and don't have the time to cover the geographic region that an NHL regional scout gets paid to cover and spend their entire year covering. I'm not naive enough to say I know more about a 6th round player from Latvia that someone else spent dozens of hours watching and doing tons of background work on.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You really assembled a top 100 of prospects? Must have been a lot of work. Do you used some kind of points system or grades to come up with the ranking or you just go by preference?
I watch games from 3 games to 20 games for some prospects (like Iginla, Sennecke etc.)

What I do then is simple, I take notes and I put everybody I love in a list. I had around 140 names. I then put my favorite at 1....and then I look at the next guy on the list....if he's better and if not...he's 2nd...then I continued till I get to 32. So I had 32 names from 1 to 32. And I added some HM that I wanted really much high 2nd round. Then, I don't put numbers beside the rest. Just a list of guys I'm interested in.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Overage Russian with average size and strong stats in the VHL. No clue about him.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sigh...It's ok.

Please carry on.
Ah okay....you have no proof that I did......Great. I never called today anyboyd to be an idiot for picking players. Not agreeing with them doesn't mean they are idiots. Stop inventing stuff.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ah okay....you have no proof that I did......Great. I never called today anyboyd to be an idiot for picking players. Not agreeing with them doesn't mean they are idiots. Stop inventing stuff.
I never said YOU did...you clearly not following the flow of our conversation and that's fine.

Hence why I said, "please carry on".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad