GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft Part TWO: Rounds 2-7 | Sat. June 29, 11:30 a.m. | SN1, TVA Sports

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Nothing against Poirier, but he's small.

All year we were seeing the Caufield and Hutson threads fill up with posts talking about how their size could be a detriment in the playoffs. And that they would not be able to do what they do in the regular season in the playoffs.
Yeah but if he shows he can play at the NHL level he's a trade chip much more valuable than a 5th round pick.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Attention: In the upcoming minutes there will be a thread asking the fans....Rank the Habs draft. If you can't deal with opinions in that thread....please push ignore.

Though I know that the other option is to wait for people with opinions.....bookmark the post...and wait till you can bash a poster for having had the wrong opinion.

Don't worry though, in my case, I also bookmark my OWN opinion....lollll

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
Attention: In the upcoming minutes there will be a thread asking the fans....Rank the Habs draft. If you can't deal with opinions in that thread....please push ignore.

Though I know that the other option is to wait for people with opinions.....bookmark the post...and wait till you can bash a poster for having had the wrong opinion.

Bookmarked!

dralaf

Aug 9, 2006
Victo

easy A+

Demidov... 'nuff said!

Reactions: Rozz and sampollock

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Kind of surprised they're taking so many five year project picks when Laval's forward depth and incoming support is not a whole lot.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Today, for us, ON THIS BOARD of opinions, is to have an opinion of the picks made. If people can't handle that, do something else.
Calling someone an idiot or stupid for not picking a guy with their 146th pick is an opinion?

OK, but if you're going to call someone an idiot or stupid, then you better have some kind of qualifications to back it up. Or else...you might get called out on it.

Disagreeing with a teams decision is one thing, slandering them for it, is a whole other.
Entitlement? What the f*** are you talking about. When I say this is to talk to the people who accuses EVERYBODY that might not like a pick to say this while having no clue about prospects. I say that 'cause by saying it, it explains why, when you put the work, you can be more implicated than just whining because you don't know a player.
Hmm...maybe I misread that part of your post, but I read it as you saying that it's normal for fans to be upset because the team didn't pick the players they (the fans) have put in work scouting.

If not, my bad...if so, my point stands.
So...we close this board then? Where did I mention that my opinion needed consequences? lol
Once more, I'm not sure why this seems to be difficult to understand...it is fine to have an opinion or a preference, for who you want your team to select 206th in an NHL draft. It might be insane, but it's fine lol.

Insulting them and acting like they don't know what they're doing, invites one's own qualifications to be called out. If you or others can't handle your opinions, being challenged...then perhaps it's best to do a better job of framing those opinions...

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Only 7 players left of my top 100
Zetterberg
Mistelbacher
Rautiainen
Leenders
Hynninen
Green
Humphreys
You really assembled a top 100 of prospects? Must have been a lot of work. Did you used some kind of points system or grades to come up with the ranking or you just go by preference?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Nothing against Poirier, but he's small.

All year we were seeing the Caufield and Hutson threads fill up with posts talking about how their size could be a detriment in the playoffs. And that they would not be able to do what they do in the regular season in the playoffs.
I love his shot (obv) but what’s lost here is his frame. He’s a cube. Very strong, impressive for a 17 year old all season.

His skating is the issue but that was worth IMO a pick in the fourth/fifth round. You can’t teach scoring like that, so it’s weird to see someone with an elite quality drop to that extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad